Double strollers!!!!!

kmr1763

DH, DS1, DD1, DD2, DS2
Reaction score
Not really double. More like stroller with room for one more. I have been bouncing back and forth on different kinds and I think I'm finally settling on the Joovy Caboose and I'll purchase the seat that can be attached over the bench.
I'm taking this stroller to Disney at Thanksgiving and I want my five year old to be able to use the bench when he needs a break. But it's ultimately for baby due in January and daughter who will be 22-23 months when sister is born. So less than two year age gap. Total for these items will be less than $200. Do you ladies have any others I should be looking at before I make my purchase?

I'm going to get an actual double stroller, I think. Where I live (Chicago) I can't use a sit and stand in winter comfortably, and there will be 3 years difference. My 3 year old loves to walk, but in cold weather, it's not always feasible. I think I'm going to save my money and get a BOB!

My daughter will be 20 months when this baby is born. I already have a singleton BOB, and it's awesome, and I thought about getting the double BOB, but I've heard that with the double BOB stroller, it's hard to fit through a lot of doorways, so I'm not going to get one of those, personally. I'll be getting a Baby Jogger City Select. I will have a 4 year old too when this baby comes, in addition to my will-be 20 month old, and I like that you can add a platform for an older kid to stand on, on the back of the stroller.

I bought the UppaBaby Vista. I'm using it now for my 14 month old son, and when Emelia is born, it has adapters to make it into a double stroller with the car seat, bassinet, or rumble seat and has lots of different configurations. When my 14 month old walks, it can go right back to a single.

It's expensive though, so if you like it, plan for it in your budget. It was $1500 for the stroller, and all adapters and rumble seat. $1800 if you throw in the car seat.

It's an expensive option but I am looking into the baby jogger city select. It has the option of being a single or double stroller. I have the baby jogger city mini right now and LOVE IT! But with another one on the way I can either buy another single stroller or buy a double stroller.

Our age gap will be 17-18 months and we've gone for the baby jogger city select. We live in a busy city suburb do lots of cars parked on the sidewalk, narrow doorways and aisles in stores etc plus our own front door is narrow so I thought a tandem type double would be more practical :) with dd1 and dd2 (2y9m gap) we used a buggy board (board on wheels that attaches to the back of the stroller) and that worked well. I like the look of the sit n stand type strollers but you don't see many over here.

With my first to second child we had the Phil and teds promenade. Which is amazing and tonnes of room for both kiddies. With second to third child we had a bugaboo donkey but my second child got too fat and big for the seat. Lol. So we got the BJogger Coty Select. I'm getting fed up with push it now because it's front heAvy so with three to fourth we will get the donkey again because my third child is a midget in comparison to the size of my others.

The joovy looks awesome. Looks very practical for your needs.

FYI US ladies, the city select is having their annual sale! Get the second seat free from select retailers. I bought the BJCS on amazon in teal with the second seat for $436. Add both frame and second seat to your cart and proceed to checkout, the discount will show at checkout.

ugh, i want to buy the city select now, but will have to wait until february when taxes come back, argh!

ugh, i want to buy the city select now, but will have to wait until february when taxes come back, argh!

I figured I'd share this here since it has been brought up a few times. BUT I just saw that Buy Buy Baby is running a deal until 11/30/2015 where you can buy the city select and with a mail in rebate, the company will send you the second seat for free! On top of that you can sign up for their email coupons and get a 20% off coupon to use towards the stroller!

Following this post, lots of options to check out! Thanks for posting! My son will be 3.5 when baby comes, and he currently walks most everywhere except for the random time we go into the city... holding off on buying a double for now, but I want to have some option for him if we go to the zoo or something. Anyone ever just put baby into carrier for a bit when the older child needs a ride in the stroller to take a break from a lot of walking? (even now we only even bring a stroller for our older one somewhere once every few months, he just doesn't use it).

Following this post, lots of options to check out! Thanks for posting! My son will be 3.5 when baby comes, and he currently walks most everywhere except for the random time we go into the city... holding off on buying a double for now, but I want to have some option for him if we go to the zoo or something. Anyone ever just put baby into carrier for a bit when the older child needs a ride in the stroller to take a break from a lot of walking? (even now we only even bring a stroller for our older one somewhere once every few months, he just doesn't use it).

The age gap between dd1 and dd2 is 2y9m and we never used a double nor missed having one. Dd1 had a stroller/buggy board which attached to the baby's pram and that worked well for letting her rest her legs but she mostly walks. I found she would have been too big for the seats in most double strollers anyway, or not far off.

The age gap between dd1 and dd2 is 2y9m and we never used a double nor missed having one. Dd1 had a stroller/buggy board which attached to the baby's pram and that worked well for letting her rest her legs but she mostly walks. I found she would have been too big for the seats in most double strollers anyway, or not far off.

Thanks! This actually helps me a lot. Age difference for my kiddos will be 2y7m and DS hates being in his stroller as is, he prefers to walk, he's just not very good (right now) at watching where he is going and often walks into people. We have the baby jogger city mini as of now and they offer a board that attaches to the stroller that I was thinking of getting for him but was unsure.

Also following... was looking at the Joovy sit and stand (either the too ultralight or varylight) but considering a full on double stroller as well.

DD will be 2 years and 10 months when LO arrives, but she still loves going in her stroller... but she's in and out quite a bit. A sit and stand seems great for quick in and out of the car/everyday use, but I can't imagine taking DD to a big family trip (like the Zoo or an amusement park) without a full on stroller.

Also planning on lots of babywearing with the new LO (now that I'm better at it from DD!) Maybe I should wait until LO arrives so I can see what I need? But then I wonder if I'll be able to try out strollers with a newborn & a toddler running around... decisions, decisions!

my DS will be 2 years 11 months when the next one is born. but, he likes going in the stroller, and we use our current single a ton. but, we walk everywhere. we only use our car for big shopping trips - maybe 2x a week. we live in a pretty urban city, so we can walk to nearly every store, park, etc. i would say that we regularly walk 5 miles a day. that's just too long for a 3 year old to walk, especially when we have bags of groceries, etc. to carry. i thought about a sit and stand, but with the winters so so cold here in chicago, he needs to be in his own seat with his own cover, etc. i think i'm going to splurge with tax money and get the city select double or the BOB.

We have the Baby Jogger City Select and we love it! The really awesome thing about this stroller is that you can have so many different configurations. We have twins so we always use the same attachments (2 car seats or two bassinets) at the same time. However, it's great if you have kids of different ages because it can handle a car seat and a big kid seat at the same time. We're huge fans of it. In case you want to see it in action, I posted some photos of it in use on our favorite products list. I hope it helps! https://www.theydontfeedthemselves.com/newborn-twin-baby-product-must-haves/

Im not familiar with the strollers you mention but looking at double options as my kiddos will be 16mo apart. However, we have a chicco infant seat any chance that will fit in these? Or does anyone know of non chicco double stroller alternatives? Id really prefer a stroller that will allow me to use the infant seat if possible. We have a chicco active 3 right now which I absolutely love. Not sure if Im ready to part with it. But if I can findnother jogging stroller but dou le and will fit chicco infant carrier I would be willing to let go.

Not really double. More like stroller with room for one more. I have been bouncing back and forth on different kinds and I think I'm finally settling on the Joovy Caboose and I'll purchase the seat that can be attached over the bench.
I'm taking this stroller to Disney at Thanksgiving and I want my five year old to be able to use the bench when he needs a break. But it's ultimately for baby due in January and daughter who will be 22-23 months when sister is born. So less than two year age gaup. Total for these items will be less than $200. Do you ladies have any others I should be looking at before I make my purchase?

I have a bugaboo donkey and love it. It's expensive but worth it. It has a big seat so will fit my very tall 23 month old in the seat whereas all the other ones I tried she looked ridiculously cramped x

Im not familiar with the strollers you mention but looking at double options as my kiddos will be 16mo apart. However, we have a chicco infant seat any chance that will fit in these? Or does anyone know of non chicco double stroller alternatives? Id really prefer a stroller that will allow me to use the infant seat if possible. We have a chicco active 3 right now which I absolutely love. Not sure if Im ready to part with it. But if I can findnother jogging stroller but dou le and will fit chicco infant carrier I would be willing to let go.

The city select has an adaptor for chicco keyfit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->