• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Double Trouble! Expectant Twin Mums - Spring 2012

I got my test results back and my iron is quite low so have been told to start the iron tabs again which make me even sicker :( I just can't win. I took one last night and sure enough 5am this morning I woke up needing to vomit.
I am thinking bout seeing my doc next week instead of my midwife and getting some anti nausea meds......my midwife wont give me any but I need them if I am taking iron supplements cos I end up spewing all day long! I could handle once a day but no more than that.

I also have my next scan on Wednesday yay :D I can't wait, hope all is well.

Hope you start to feel better addie! And you too zephyr! Not fun at all. My iron levels came back just above the borderline. So they said they will probably test me again in 2 weeks. I don't think I want to do the iron pills either, hope I won't have to. But at least it explains why I have been so tired!

wow minivan!!! your the first of all of us to get a date through for babies arrival!!! how do you feel now knowing when they are coming??? How exciting!! xx

Sorry those pills are making you sick. I think seeing your doctor about it is a good idea. You shouldn't have to feel sick.

I had a good day today with my stomach so hoping this continues. :thumbup::thumbup:

Minivan - Hopefully you are okay taking them! and yes its such a relief to find out that that awful exhaustion isn't just from being pregnant! Though I wish my iron wasn't low it was such a relief to know that there was actually a reason behind the tiredness and breathlessness, seriously I got puffed eating a plum last night haha Good luck with your test in couple of weeks, hope its better.
Also about the date, omg does that feel scary? You have a date to count down to now. Exciting!!

It's exciting for sure to have a date! I'm happy about the date, as I feel like I am giving the girls as long in there to grown as big as they can. I would have been happy with anything after 38 weeks. Didn't really want to go before then if I could help it.

I haven't actually figured out how many days it is till my due date yet, but I am counting down the weeks for sure. It seems SOOOO far away. Although it is almost March already. Thank goodness for February being such a short month. :) Now I am ready for winter to go away. Our winters aren't too long here in this part of Canada, but three months is long enough for me.

Can't wait to see if anyone else gets dates! It's nice to have a definite end date in sight.

I am going to ask for a date but not sure that they will give me one they keep saying 38 weeks. I think they want to wait till I am further along to give me a date. Next visit I'll be 36 1/2 weeks so they may say its 2 early to know now. Last night was hard both hips were killing me I didn't know how to sleep then my right arm starting hurting from the extra weight. Also when I stand now my knees feel like they are going to give out from all the extra weight. I was always thin my body is not used to all the extra weight.

The girls are having a real party in there today my stomachs moving all over the place :happydance::happydance: when I take out my phone to video tape it tho try stop. They are shy :haha:

hi girls!! glad to hear you are all doing well... i have a bit of low iron as well. They increased my iron tablets to 2 a day, plus my prenatal that has iron in it. Constipation is HORRIIIIBBBBLLLE. haha.

My big induction day April 17th (38 weeks exactly) if I go that long... I am measuring 38 weeks at yesterdays apt... hoooolllllly cow!

If feels like everything is starting to happen so fast! the beginning of the pregnancy dragged, but now it is flying!

SaraM - I am in Ottawa, Ontario. Not too far from New York State. :)

Addie - I hear you about the sore hips. I've been wearing my belt to help with the pelvic pain, but some days and nights nothing really helps. I will be happy for that symptom to go away.

Congrats on your date Esperanzamama. That is so soon!!! Exciting for sure.

My dr stopped measuring me after 22 weeks. I know I am measuring near full term for sure. Make me worried about what is to come... :)

Minivan - I would totally swap the weather if I could! It is still summer here and yesterday was so hot!! I had to pick my daughter up from school and even parked in the shade with the windows down I was so uncomfortable. I am wishing for more rainy cold days now. We actually had a really good summer it wasn't that hot really but the hot days are picking up as we near the end :( I thought I escaped it!

addie - My babies do that too, its funny. Always when I'm like "quick look at this!" and then they stop. I thought maybe they stopped cos my voice so I started doing hand motions lol but somehow they still know. The other night OH put his ear to my belly and got a good sharp kick in the face hehe

esperanzamama - I'm sorry you have low iron too! Those iron tablets uggh, hope you find some relief from the constipation!
I actually have craved unripe plums and nectarines most of this pregnancy and eat them till I get a tummy ache cos they are so yummy, that may be why I have escaped that so far.
Congrats on the date too!! Oh my goodness this last part is going to fly as soon as we all get our dates. and April 17th? That sounds so close :D

Has anyone else been sore or feeling bruised on their bump? It may even be my ribs I'm unsure but the pain started a few days ago and hasn't got worse but hasn't got better either. Feels like I did lots of sit ups.

Does anyone get vaginal cramps when they sit for 2 long. I went to lunch and sat for an hour and got vaginal cramps. My doc said to lay down when that happens and as long as it goes away after an hour or so it's ok. My cervix is long and all is good but these vaginal cramps make me nervous. I have 4 weekends in a row where I have showers to go to. My friends baby shower next weekend, then mine, then my other friend, and then my sister in laws bridal shower. I feel bad but I am only staying an hour at each shower I can not sit (except mine I have to stay but I will have a huge chair with pillows and keep my feet up but wish the shower was not 3 1/2 hours thats a long time wish it was like 2 hours)

Ok went to the hospital bc of these cramps. Doc said its from pressure and not anything wrong so to just rest as much as possible but i can still go out. Babies looked great and cervix is long and closed.

I am stressing about my friends shower that is 30 min away. I know I can't drive that myself bc driving causes a lot of pressure for me. Even when I'm not driving just sitting 30 min leaves me in pain for hours. I'm so annoyed bc I want to go to my friends shower but I don't want to push myself when I know I will be in pain from going. What would u do?

Awh I hope that pressure goes away for you! I never got those cramps you speak of but I went through a period where the pelvic pain was horrific! I had to lay down for hours and even just walking round to do my shopping left me so sore I had to literally do nothing for a few days after each shop.
My guess is my belly has moved out more or babies changed position or soemthing cos I dont seem to get as much of that pain as I was. Now I am getting lower back back instead lol. I hope thats the case for you too.
About the shower, I would try and find someone to take me. Otherwise I'm not sure what I would do. See how I feel on the day? and give it a miss if its a bad one.

Last night I was thinking......Yup, I am so glad this is my last pregnancy, I am well and truly over being pregnant now. We dont have all that long to go but I think I am reaching that point where things start to become just that little bit harder.
I want them to stay in as long as they are healthy, but I can't help but feel like I want to be near the end already and thats just because of how uncomfortable I am getting. If I could flash forward to 36 weeks and just have 2 weeks to go I would be happy :D

haha! yeah on second thought that would be wonderful, 38 weeks wow. I am sure it will be here before we know it but I am wondering does time still keep going fast or is it going to start dragging out?

I have this mega craving for pancakes and ice cream and a banana with lots of vanilla icecream in it so guess who is now impatiently waiting for her OH to get out of the shower to go buy some bananas and icecream?? hehehe omg I feel so hungry for pancakes.

wait I got a bit ahead of myself....that was meant to be a banana smoothie with lots of ice cream in it!

I know I can't wait!! hes walking down now and I got so hungry waiting I had some cheese crackers. Hopefully I'm not waiting too long!

I am about to loose it!!! Last night for 4 hours yes 4 hours I had a tight chest and ever couple minutes I would burp and instead of a real burp liquid acid or food would come up!!! I eventually fell asleep but every time I wake up the acid is so bad!!!!!!!!!!!! I am at a loss on what to do it won't go away and it is horrible!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->