Doubting my girls name

Flourish

Reaction score
So for months DH and I have had baby's name sorted- I am being induced tomorrow and am now starting to doubt the name.

I first heard it as a girls name but since then when I google or anything it comes up as a boys name...

Honest opinions please- lennox

We are having lennox Lorraine Calla- lennox because I love the name, Lorraine because it's my husbands late mums name and calla because it's tradition to have a flower as part of the name of a girl in my family.

Lennox springs to mind the boxer Lennox Lewis for me, but I like Calla Lorraine. Would it be said Carla? or with the 'a'?

I've only ever heard Lennox for a boy, tho I have heard of Lenny for a girl. I don't mind it and I like that its unique, I like that you are using a late family name too but I probably wouldn't have chosen an L name given it would be followed by another L name. That's just me tho, and it's not like the full name would be used very often anyway I guess. Choose what makes u happy, don't worry what others think!

I see Lennox as a girls name because of a TV show I use to watch.

Lennox isn't my personal style but I would have thought of a girl first. If you love it, go for it!

I've only heard of it as a boys name around here. If you really like it though I wouldn't let that stop you from using it :)

Ive only heard it as a biys name, but actually really like it for a girl!

I know a little girl named Lennox so now I see it as very unisex. We call her Lenny Lou hehe I think it's adorable!

Since it's more of a last name than a first name usually, I think it can be considered unisex, though it's boyish. It's pretty cute! :)

I have only ever heard it used as a boy name, but I do think it would make a cute girl name too :)

I like it! I don't know any Lennox's personally but there was a female Lennox on that show with the woman from Sabrina (can't remember the name). There was a little girl at my DS's nursery called Lenny, it totally suited her. "Boys" names for girls are getting more popular so I definitely think you could get away with it even if it is traditionally a boys name.

Lennox sounds very masculine to me and not my style, but I actually think Lennox Lorraine sounds nice. I loooove Calla though, I would have trouble not using that one as the first name. ;)

6lilpigs- it's pronounced Cal (Like in Calvin ) -uh. It's a type of lily you can Google the pronunciation :)

I think Lennox is unisex.. Though I really think Calla Lorraine flows better than Lorraine Calla. Especially when you add in another L name.

I really don't like Lennox,sorry! I also think of it as a boys name. I think Lennox Lorraine is a clash of styles

I like it! I don't know any Lennox's personally but there was a female Lennox on that show with the woman from Sabrina (can't remember the name). There was a little girl at my DS's nursery called Lenny, it totally suited her. "Boys" names for girls are getting more popular so I definitely think you could get away with it even if it is traditionally a boys name.

Lennox is the name of the niece in Melissa and Joey. Before I would've thought of Lennox Lewis, but now I automatically think of her. With that in mind to me it's a very unisex name (which is quite 'in' at the minute) If you like it that's all that matters.

The show was Melissa and Joey... That's the show I watched with a female Lennox too!

Lennox is a boys name, but that doesn't stop people calling girls James or Ryan these days - so if you love it then go for it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->