Down Syndrome risk 1:5 - I really need some positive experiences

Great news, darling. So happy for you. :yipee:

Now you can look forward to your baby.

:hugs: :hugs:
LucindaE
xx

Now relax! I'm so glad for you! Wish you an uneventful and happy pregnancy.

Thank goodness for that sweet. I've been following your story, and praying and hoping xxx

Thanks girls :)

Yes, I really feel I can enjoy my pregnancy now! I even wear clothes today which really make me look like pregnant - was trying to hide before...:cloud9:

:thumbup: Show it off and enjoy every minute of it from now on...

LucindaE:hugs:
xxx

lovely news, congrats on your healthy girl !!!

My doctor never told me the numbers she just said the test was 'negative'. I've heard that a lot of the tests come out with a little chance, but that never means you wont have a healthy baby..

Im surprised so many people opt to have this tesating done. The only reason i would have it done is if it was downs that i would be prepared to terminate, which i wouldn't, so i thought whats the point? Its all just extra worry and stress when there could be nothing wrong at all.

I know we are lucky to have access to so much pregnancy testing but i really think its getting a bit much, all it does is create panic and innecessary worry, although i do understand why people want to know, personally i find it unnecessary.

To all the ladies having testing i wish you all positive outcomes xxx

Im surprised so many people opt to have this tesating done. The only reason i would have it done is if it was downs that i would be prepared to terminate, which i wouldn't, so i thought whats the point? Its all just extra worry and stress when there could be nothing wrong at all.

I know we are lucky to have access to so much pregnancy testing but i really think its getting a bit much, all it does is create panic and innecessary worry, although i do understand why people want to know, personally i find it unnecessary.

Don't really think this is the most appropriate area to post comments like that!
Obviously all the ladies who have opted for the test on here did so becuase they wanted to and for their own individual (and valid) reasons, if you don't feel the need to then that's up to you, but don't pass judgement on anyone else - especially on a thread where ladies are asking for support.

I'm always surprised that so many people are so narrow minded when giving their opinions on these tests!

My post clearly wasnt passing any judgement at all, not sure how you came to that conculsion??

I was giving MY personal feelings on it as i feel it would cause me soo much worry, and i would keep the baby either way....if you read i use the word 'personally'.

and wished all those getting the testing all the best for positive outcomes!!

The thread was created to ask for positivity, not to ask for opinions on tests.

There are plenty of threads on B&B that ask for opinions on these tests and of course if I had read your comment on one one those threads I would not have commented on it, but as it is I feel that you comment was made in the wrong place to the wrong ladies. That is my personal opinion.

Fair enough. Still no reason to be so rude. This was the first thread i had noticed on this subject and i am new to all this so i apologise if it was inappropriate.

Thanks girls :)

Yes, I really feel I can enjoy my pregnancy now! I even wear clothes today which really make me look like pregnant - was trying to hide before...:cloud9:

Congratulations!!! I'm so pleased for you!

I know what you mean about trying to hide your bump before the results. I did exactly the same with my last pregnancy and even this one!

Well, I was high risk in all of my 3 pregnancies including this one - I still am high risk but I decided not to opt for amnio this time. I refused amnio in my first pregnancy and my daughter was fine. But I did have my CVS in my second pregnancy because my NT was so high so we decided to go for an invasive testing because we needed to know what we faced. As it turned out my baby daughter had Turner's Syndrome. I lost her at 17 weeks. Can you imagine how it could have been like if we carried on, looking forward to our 20 week scan only to lose the baby at 17 weeks? We were absolutely devastated. We wanted to carry on with pregnancy with hope that my daughter would be one of the lucky ones. I am glad we had a CVS because it gave us a chance to be prepared and to learn as much about Turner Syndrome as possible. We also learned during the CVS procedure that the baby had a heart defect and if she survived, she would need immediate medical attention and the doctors would be ready for her as soon as she was born.

As you can understand that some of us need to do what is right for ourselves.

i really feel for you mordino..i am high risk for ds and i have put myself through hell the last 3weeks i am hiding pregnancy and wont take tags off maternity clothes and they are still in wardrobe waiting to be worn..not enjoying this at all....i have opted out of amnio at this stage and will be having a detailed scan weds to check heart e.t.c have you had your anomly scan yet? and if you dont mind me asking what were your scores?

I'm the same, had 2 high risk pregnancies and so I am awating my NT scan in 2 and a half weeks to find out if this one is too. I was really trying to hold off buying materinty clothes but I can't fit into any of my usual clothes now, so have had no choice.

When we were TTC I made the decison not to tell anyone until after the NT scan results, but I've got such a huge tummy already & have been so ill, that there was no way I could hide being pregnant.

I keep trying to remain positive, but it's so hard.
Good luck :flower:

positive is all im hearing at moment and i also tring to be that..how did other 2pregs go? did you have amnios?if you dont mind me asking what were your scores?
thanks emma

No not at all, my first was 1 in 20 (Downs), I had just turned 22 year old when I got the results and my second was 1 in 100, just turned 24. I had amnios with both & both babies were fine.

The thing is, even if the result comes back at 1 in 200 this time I would still have the amnio, as that seed of doubt has been sown now.

I know that to many people 1 in 200 does not sound high, but I kind of feel like I was lucky with the other 2, but this time I really feel that I won't be so lucky. The thought of getting three high risks & three healthy babies - just seems too unreal to me.

You have had a high risk result too? Was that from the triple blood test, or the NT scan?

This is the first time I will have had the NT scan, my results previously were only from the triple test.

mine was 1:146 and im 33 and both 2 previous pregs were way in double thousands..im a worrying wreck but have a datailed scan weds to check for any defects and we will go from there..just triple test i have had at 15weeks..i am so hoping all is great at scan and if so will have amnio at 32weeks just for my peace of mind before baby born..
emma

kessutrip
congrats and goodluck thats great news..i have got my detailed scan on weds so hoping all is good there..lets spread the good news fingers crossed
emma

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->