Down Syndrome risk 1:5 - I really need some positive experiences

I am 16 weeks pregnant and sooooo worried. I have two beautiful healthy boys 13 and 10. At 11 weeks had blood work and u/s done. Nasal bone was present and neck thickness in normal range. Blood and age put my risk of 1:120 of having a baby with ds. At 16 weeks I had another u/s done and they found a EIF -soft marker in the heart of my baby boy. Still have not gotten my blood work yet. And the soft marker will increase my risk. Can not stop crying! I will not have an amnio as I feel I could not terminate my baby anyway so I do not see the point with the added risk of losing the baby. Could not live with myself if I miscarry. Knowing at my age I will most likely not try again. The stress is unbearable. I am trying to enjoy the pregnancy and it seems so difficult. I loved being pregnant and I am sorry I did not try for the third when I was younger. I pray that all is well and that I am worrying for no reason. I wish I would of not tested at all. I want to believe that god gives us what we need to grow and become better people but its hard not to cry and blame myself for trying to have a baby at my age. I am so torn and need someone to talk to. My husband is not wanting to say anything of think about it. He tells me the baby is going to be fine. But what if he's not?

Not sure if this threat is still active but I'm looking for some support and positive experience. I'm currently 12 weeks pregnant as of TODAY! However, had a first tri screening NT scan and bloodworm last Tuesday and found out on Friday at 5pm results came cabs abnormal 1:5 risk of downs. Although the NT measurements were all within normal range my age - 40 combined with my labs show abnormal results. I realize 1 in 5 is stil 80 percent all is fine but I'm so scared.

Is it true what matters most is the scan and the blood tests can be misleading?

We're doing CVS for sure next week so I'll have answers but this weekend had been torture and I know this wek will be too. we plan to order FISH to get preliminary results.

Has anyone been in this boat who can offer some words of comfort?

Thank you all.

I'm not sure about bloods being unreliable but focus on the fact that you have an 80% chance your baby is fine rachelstarr :hugs: I had 1 in 4 odds with my gorgeous perfect son - I had CVS done. Its not pleasant, I found it emotionally very traumatic but my husband was wonderful. With support you will be fine. The wait for results is hard, make sure there is someone with you. We got the preliminary results within 48 hours and then the full chromosome result after about a month. we were all clear. I know it is SOOO hard, hang in there xxxxxx

jaquii0122 - :hugs: I know its so hard but you still have a way to go until baby is here and somehow you need to get back to being positive. I'm saying this becasue I let the stress and worry ruin my whole pregnancy to the point that I had to be induced in the end due to high bp and it ruined my whole pregnancy and I can never get that back. I have read that EIF is only a marker for DS in 1 % of cases and your baby has a nasal bone present which is an excellent sign :hugs: worst case scenario you have a baby with DS - you love this baby enough not to terminate and as a childrens nurse I know that children with DS are wonderful special little people. This baby will be yours no matter what, try to focus on the joys of your growing bump and baby kicking. whatever happens I am sure you will be fine xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->