'Down there' after giving birth

sweetsammi

1st time mummy and WTT
Reaction score
Hi everyone..few questions embaressing q's about me ladies bits after giving birth (sorry!) I had a vaginal delivery, my waters were broken for me and i had no stitches. I gave birth 12 days ago.

Although i'm no longer sore as such down there it still feels 'odd', i cant explain it. It also gets very itchy! Has anyone else had this? When i had a look to make sure everything was in its rightful place lol i noticed it also looks alot different, as in its well..bigger! And my vaginal opening is..well really wide open! Like im stil dilated or something! sorry, too much info but i have to ask if thats normal lol. Im guessin it must be, the amount it had to stretch?? :blush: My perineum seems to bleed a little too when i shower or wipe myself. I just feel really abnormal and unattractive, it doesnt look pretty down there!! x

I wouldnt worry too much about that,im sure everything will get back to normal in good time. Im really worried about having sex for the first time, i only gave birth 10 days ago (forceps and stitches) so im not planning on doing the deed for a long time yet but it hurt like hell after i had nicole and i had a normal delivery with her, no stitches or anything.

Yeah im dreading it too. But i aint goin there for at least 6wks lol x

You brave looking closely lol My OH wanted to look at my stitches other day and I couldn't let him but that was after I said I was itchy down there too mostly in the night oddly!!

Thanks for the warning - me won't be looking closely :lol:

On a plus side I was quite pleased to be able to trim and bikini line without breaking my neac :rofl:

Yeah i itch down there mostly at night too or when i start walking. It makes sence for you to itch though as u had stitches- but i didnt.. ??

Seriously though the opening really is big! I can see the inside of it.. :( eeww. Really dunno if its normal or not and if it will go back to normal?? x

Wow, you're brave to look. I was scared to move/wee/bath, everything basically. I felt odd for ages afterwards (a numb feeling for a long time), sore obviously. I have never felt "looser" though.

You may feel itchy as you're not able to wash properly? I put soft bath bubbles in to start with (for a few weeks) then I could only wash gently for a while, so I felt a bit sore/horrible and as if I smelt to start with. Could that be it? im sure it's normal anyway.

Im not sure my itching is down to the stitches to be honest hun esspecially now and tbh its not as far back as the stitches. With bleeding and sanitry wear Im not really surprised I don't think :D I still find genral relief from the shower tbh with a nice baby soft wash and a wash down :D

Lurker here... just reading through the 10 thousand posts I've missed since I last signed on and this topic looked interesting!!

Anyway, I had a TON of stitches with both of my vaginal deliveries... BIG babies, 8 lbs, 13 oz for the first & 8 lbs 4 oz for my 2nd & the 2nd delivered in 3 contractions--I thought it was only one, but Doc said it was 3. So basically, the baby came out FAST! I was sooooo itchy with the 2nd baby for a loooooong time... like over 4 weeks. I remember talking to the nurse at the Doc's office and wondering WHY?! At 4 weeks was I still super itchy?! TMI WARNING... I think the stitches extended out into dry areas like not just inside the vaginal canal, KWIM?? I never looked, so IDK. I can tell you that I have different "bumps" where I didn't before after each pregnancy. I think they just can't sew it up perfectly or maybe they just don't care. I know you can have a plastic surgeon fix it ("vaginal rejuvenation"), but unless you're a vagina model, I think it'd be safe to say that anybody's who's gonna see it doesn't care if it's not as smooth as before. If they do care, then they're a jerk! That can be your jerk-detector... ha ha... no, just kidding, that's a little extreme. I'm sure that kind of jerk will show their true colors A LOT sooner! About the "looseness," as far as BD'ing is concerned, we're just fine--it's not better or worse. It does take quite awhile, IMHO, to heal & just go easy at first & use lubrication, especially if you're BF'ing. Good luck ladies!! :)

PS--Wobbles... you had your baby!! Aww... WHERE have I been?! I felt like you were only like in the low 30's weeks. I've been out of here for awhile! She's a couple of weeks old!! CONGRATS!!

uahhh, I didn't look down there yet, but thought the last day I am getting curious about how its looking down there now :baby:

I am sure it will be more wide straight after giving birth :baby:

they say you should start to do your pelvis floor excercises as soon as you gave birth to get everything well in place again :hi:

Yeah i am doing my pelvic floor excersizes but findin it v hard! I didnt start doin them til this week cus it was too painful before!! x

When your itchy it is the skin tightening up again i was told. It is usually very intense with stitches as there is more area to cover but i figure the itchier you are the better :) it takes ages for things to go back to normal and you are super brave to look! i had tones of stitches (9lb 10 oz first baby) and they ended up infected and all sorts i looked and fainted! << (super squeamish) and all back to normal now and within 3 months it was like it never happened :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->