• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Down's Markers on the Scan. Nasal Bone?

bigbloomerz

Reaction score
So yesterday I had my 13 week scan. They informed me that they couldnt find the Nasal Bone and that this is a marker for Downs Syndrome. They took the blood tests and told me I would have the results for my Risk Factor within 2 - 5 days. They said all the other markers were normal and nothing else out of the ordinary.

Now Myself and my daughter we don't have very big noses and they are quite flat around the top bridge area, the scan from yesterday looks almost identical to my daughters scan 4 years ago so that has eased my mind a bit.

I do worry though, it doesn't take much! Just wondered if anyone else had had this experience?

I haven't but I read an almost identical story to this on here! A few scans later, the nasal bone could be clearly seen. I'm thinking it's genetic, and your baby just has a small nose. My daughter is 7 and still has one of the tiniest noses I've ever seen.

Try searching it on here, the story was so similar!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->