Downs Test Back!

DJ79

Reaction score
Had my letter in the post today after being told to wait 2 weeks. Started to worry before I openned it as they said I'd find out earlier if it was high risk. Anyway - it was 1 in 6180. That's not bad considering I'm nearly 36! I've read some getting 1 in x million, but I'm happy with my odds too!

What did anyone else get?

Ive declined the test again after much consideration. I wouldnt have an amnio or abort and could still have a child with a disability other than downs so I figured it was a bit pointless for me having it. My midwife said she has seen ladies with a 1:100 risk with a baby who is fine and lady recently whos test was 1:10,000 who had a baby with downs and other complications.
I figured what will be will be ☺x

i decided to not have any tests done because my original odds were low. however i did opt in for this one test i forgot about... erm it was more of a recommended test for all women and pregnancies though but anywho it can be done by blood drawn or by ultrasound and it's supposed to show specifics and not odds necessarily. i wish i remembered! shame on me and my forgetfulness

In this area the test everyone and I thought as it was no risk, if I knew it was a possibility I could prepare myself. If they'd offered me an amnio dont think I would have, had it either. It's very clear it's not the 'all clear' but as they were recommending it I thought why not.

I'm gonna have the test as well Hun. It's only a blood test, and although having a downs baby would make absolutely no difference to me, id love it exactly the same, I'd still want to be prepared for any extra care it might need. Glad it went well for you :)

I'm having the test done Monday, everyone has very strong views about this test i think and i think whatever you decide if you were high risk at least you could prepare yourself

its a good thing to know and its all personal choice. its good to know its a harmless test x

I didnt have it with my first and i wont have it with this one either. Each to their own :) x

I didn't think I'd be high risk but I took the test for peace of mind, mine came back at less than 1 in 50,000 chance!

xx

I think the amnio is the big decision - the blood test is just an indicator so for me I will definitely have it. I'm 35 so I know my risk is higher anyway. I had the test first time round and it just came back as low or high risk so I don't know if we even get actual figures in Wales where I am. Mind you, last time I was pregnant we didn't have an NT scan either!

I didn't have it with my first, I did have it with my second came back 1:130 so had an amnio and that came back normal and said I was having a girl. Gonna have one with this baby and if it's my hormones being high again I'm not gonna have the amnio. Like what previous lady said it's personal choice, do what you think is best and don't give a poo about what others say :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->