Downton Abbey and TTC [may contain spoilers]

Kallie3000

Pregnant! Rainbow #1
Reaction score
So, I just finished watching season 3 of "Downton Abbey" - do you watch it as well? I have to say, that was probably the WORST tv series to watch when you are trying to concieve #1. I won't spoil it here if you haven't watched it, but did any of you find that it was EXTRA emotional, dramatic, and heartbreaking to watch the struggles, success, joy, sorrow, and everything related to conception, babies, couples, and life in that show? I definitely feel like my TTC journey made me 100% more obsessive and hit hard by the show!

I just finished that season this week :) I agree, it was a rough one to watch! What specifically got you? I'm just about to start the latest season of Call the Midwife and I'm afraid it's going to be even worse. All those babies! Sigh.

OMG Downton Abbey, so much emotion. I've never cried so much watching a show, my goodness. We've seen a few episodes of Call the Midwife and my DH loves it:haha: I told him we're on hold continuing that show for a little bit though lol

Haha yes - I'm just starting Season 2 of call the midwife, and was crying my eyes out on one of the episodes where they lost the baby. There are also those super happy moments too, when there is a problem pregnancy and then it goes well; I love that part! It made me realize that I really do want a hospital birth and not a home birth though, haha !

In Downton Abbey I really got drawn in when they were having trouble getting pregnant (like me!), but then I cried in half happy/half sad tears when they actually get pregnant. And then there were my two favorite characters dying at the beginning and the end of the season, and I kept thinking about how I couldn't bear it... Just a real heart-string puller the whole way.

Good thing they still have Anna and Bates to make me want to watch season 4!

I think I'm PMSing. I'm watching Call the Midwife season 3 and every time a baby cries, so do I, lol!

I just realized you said season 3, not season 4 of Downton Abbey, which I just finished. That makes even more sense :) I think season 4 was still heart wrenching in so many ways but I didn't find it quite as intense as season 3. I agree, 2 of the best characters dying was so sad and their struggles TTC... I'm glad I watched it before I was TTC, I don't know that I could have gotten through it! And that would have been a shame since it's so good!

BTW, Dragonfly, I just saw that you got married right around when I did. Congrats!

I can't think of more heart shattering shows than these two lol.

Aw that's awesome, Curiousowl! Congrats to you as well :) Our first anniversary is coming up right around the corner!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->