DR.APPT RESULTS/CONSULATION HAVE Questions.. NEED HELP!!

StephHastings

TTC Baby #2 With PCOS
Reaction score
Ok.. So here it is... I am overweight and I have PCOS and the DOC wants to see my loose like 20lbs. He says the reason I am not getting pregnant is because my BMI is thru the roof. He has up'd my metformin to 1500 MG as opposed to 1000mg and This is my last round of clomid 5-9 at 150MG. So both meds have been up'd. He says what he will do after I loose weight is start again with CLOMID and some kind of shots.. and Do an ultra sound. I am hoping that this last round of clomid will work for me.. as both doses are up now. If not i feel its gonna be a long road. and a costly one at that.. We are praying hard for June and that we conceive.He also refered me to a Weight Loss Clinic to help me get started in loosing weight. I know I can do this, I have done this before on my own. He says if I can loose 20lbs he will help me get pregnant. FX for CLOMID this month.. Is anyone on 1500MG of Metformin and 150MG Clomid with a success story and any thoughts????

Didn't want to read and run lovely. Good luck this cycle and good luck with the weight loss xx

Hi Steph,

I went down the IVF route due to MF, but in my initial appointents they told me that I needed to loose weight in order to qualify for the NHS treatment.

I was so devastated as i have always been a bit bigger, but was shocked by the brutality of it all (like only skinny people get pregnant, right?)

Just to say i really put my mind to it and lost over 20kg in about 6 months, so seriously if I can do it you will be able too.

I could never loose weight in the past, it was always so difficult, but when you have a huge incentive sometimes it helps. Be kind to yourself though.

Liz x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->