Dr Browns narrow neck or wide neck?

I can only say how extremely difficult and annoying they are to clean, with the narrow necked ones being more difficult and annoying. Good bottles for what they are designed for; just a lot of trouble.

My daughter was using Avent bottles for the first 3 weeks of life, however she was terribly gassy, fussy, and consistently crying.

We switched to the regular (I guess those are the narrow neck) Dr. Browns bottles, and she did great with the switch. The avent were wide.

She is a whole new baby. No more crying/gas! They do have additional parts, but I really haven't noticed that it takes any longer to clean.

I swear by these bottles!

Well I have about 16 narrow and 3 wide.
I prefer the narrow as does my son, and don't think they're much work cleaning as any other bottle I've used.

We use the wide neck bottles and they have been great for my little girls colic. I don't think they take that much longer to clean and even if they do it is worth it.

We wash in the dishwasher only, and I dont like my wide neck ones. Ive got like 6 regular and 3 wide. I dont even bother getting the wides out, her mouth looked odd on the nipple of the wide bottle. It just annoyed me, thats all. Haha

Narrow. The teat of the wide neck is really weird. My son just chewed on it and it took him forever to drink one oz. We love the narrow ones though!

I love the wide. Easier to put formula in and stir with a spoon. It's also shorter and feels better for me to hold. I like the wide in the cup holder in the car too. The wider seems to be made out of a different plastic, or at least mine are. The wide is much smoother.
I do agree these take forever to clean properly, and I have to do it every day.

I use the wide neck ones which have made the world of difference to my baby's trapped wind. They ae a bit of a faff to clean but it's not that bad. I didn't consider using the narrow ones, for people who do what is the difference in the teats? My baby seems to click the teat a lot, I upped it to a level 2 teat but he still does it - would the narrow bottles be better? He's 6 weeks. Sorry for jumping on this thread!

My daughter was using Avent bottles for the first 3 weeks of life, however she was terribly gassy, fussy, and consistently crying.

We switched to the regular (I guess those are the narrow neck) Dr. Browns bottles, and she did great with the switch. The avent were wide.

She is a whole new baby. No more crying/gas! They do have additional parts, but I really haven't noticed that it takes any longer to clean.

I swear by these bottles!

We are currently using avent after swapping from Tommee tippee, she takes the avent bottles fine but is really full of wind and Mardy in an evening.... I'm not sure i should give these a go.!? X

I'd switched from Avent Naturals too, they made my baby so gassy and uncomfortable. Now he's much more settled.

We use the narrow ones and I love them. The extra cleaning adds like 5 more minutes to the time I spend washing them each day, no big deal.

I think the wide ones have a nipple that supposed to be more shaped like a breast, where the narrow ones are a more traditional bottle nipple. If you're bfing and using the bottles for pumped milk, I'd definatly suggest the wide ones (also may be good to go with those if you've been bfing and now switching to ff since your lo may find that transition to the "natural" shaped nipple easier). If you're formula feeding, the narrow ones are fine and I do believe they're cheaper, so I'd just go with those.

There shouldn't be any difference at all in how well each works for reducing air intake because the valve system is the same on both.

EDT: Just realized I'm still in FF not baby club LOL so obviously you're ffing. Therefore lol I'd go with the narrow ones. :D

I'm in the uk but we only have wide neck but love them my son will on,y drink from dr browns now!

Wish we got narrow neck though and clear tubes ours are blue!

I can only find the narrow neck ones for premie babies and the bottles are Tiny, can u get larger ones?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->