Dr has advised cows milk

Tezzy

Mum of 2 TTCAL
Reaction score
ffion is lactose intollerent so shes always been on prescription formula.. but now shes 1 the dr wants to try her with cows milk.

has anybody heard of this before or is my dr crazy?

Has she been diagnosed with a true dairy allergy or can she just not handle it? Hayden was tested for a dairy allergy but it was never positive but he could not handle any dairy, I couldn't drink it when nursing, he couldn't eat it, he def reacted to it even though it showed he wasn't allergic. So since he wasn't actually allergic they knew he wouldn't have a reaction where he would stop breathing so they did tell us to test him every 3mo or so because kids tend to outgrow them. They said most outgrow by age 2, usually around 12-18mo though, but if he hadn't by age 3 most likely it would stick around and at that age they would also retest for the allergy. He ended up outgrowing it at about 16mo, but still can only tolerate small amounts, mostly cooked. If she's just intolerant and not truly allergic I would test her and see how she does, just start with very small amounts. Our dr told us to start with butter because it's broken down the most, then yogurt, the cheese then actual milk.

omg your sign blinkie is ACE!

can i steal it???

and thanks for the advice :)

Thanks..yep I have a couple more if you want them

https://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h85/mommyof2co/Siggies%20and%20blinkies/Blinkies/mybabysignstome.gif

https://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h85/mommyof2co/Siggies%20and%20blinkies/Blinkies/signlanguagebaby.gif

I thought I had one other but I cant' seem to find it amongst my 100s of blinkies lol... I have a problem I'm always looking for new ones

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->