dreading telling the in-laws

kat132

3 boys
Reaction score
So after telling my parents last night i know now that we have to tell the in-laws.....thing is they are sooooooo desperate for a granddaughter that last time i told them baby was another boy they were trying to hide the disappointment :growlmad: It wasn't very nice for me as i was leaning towards him being a girl anyway as the pregnancy was so different and i did get a bit upset myself but they made it worse. obviously my boy is the light of my life, my ray of sunshine and i wouldn't change him for the world :hugs:

i just cant deal with all the comments i will get oh you trying for a girl, Hope you get your girl this time etc..... yes i will admit i would LOVE a girl but as long as baby is healthy i will be happy with another boy as well as my little guys are awesome.
I actually dont want to tell them as i wont hear the end of it "we want a granddaughter this time!". It was that bad the hubbies brother had a baby a year back and as soon as they knew it was a boy they were asking him when he was going to try for a girl and the baby wasn't even born! :dohh:
arrrrrrrrrr sorry about the long post just needed to vent!

Oh that's awful! I was dreading telling my in laws for different reasons. They already have my son and my niece so one of each. But I didn't think they'd be happy about another grandchild. Turns out MIL is over the moon and was longing for another and never thought she'd get any more so that turned out well.
I don't know how I'd react in your situation, I think I'd find it really hurtful. Of course a girl would be nice but surely those comments should be kept to themselves. It's not like you can choose. I'd worry about them pushing out their grandsons if they did get a granddaughter too. What's so special about a girl to them anyway?

I'm sorry hun. I had major anxiety over telling anyone after my aunty made it clear during my first pregnancy she had hoped for a girl and I had a boy. It annoys me so much as I love my boy to bits and am personally thrilled to be having another little man but I was worried about people's reactions and silly comments. I actually didn't end up telling people and just said the sonographer couldn't be 100% so we weren't saying until we were certain. I then just told people gradually in situations where I felt comfortable doing it. Your body growing this child, your baby. I personally don't feel anyone has a say or even right to have opinions about it.

Aww, I dealt with similar with my mom. My sister (10 years my senior) had a boy who's now 14. Then I had a boy who's 5, my sister had a boy who's 4 and I had a boy who's now 3. Then I finally had a girl who's 2 and never have to hear about it again. Hahaha. But those first 3 pregnancies with her wanting a granddaughter so badly were really rough!!!!! Of course when I found out I was having a girl the third time, my sister (jealous) told my mom that it's probably still a boy and the ultrasound was probably wrong. I had three ultrasounds confirming sex, and my sister wouldn't quit! I was so angry! But I would have been just as thrilled with another boy. I had another boy after that and am hoping for a girl this time, although I know it's probably another boy.

I feel your pain. 😢 I'm not sure there is a correct way out of this situation except to be blunt with them the first time they make a comment. Tell them their comments are hurtful and that you will love this baby whether it's a boy or girl. Or have your OH take them aside and tell them those comments are not welcome and to just be excited about the pregnancy regardless of the baby's gender.

its difficult because i know deep down i will be a little upset if its not a girl and i am already trying to fight that feeling anyway so i dont need added pressure. obviously the most important thing is that the baby is healthy but i think it is only natural to want a girl after 2 boys.

i have been thinking of boys names and looking at boy clothes again as i have not got anything left from my others so that will be nice as i can buy all new things for him and when me and oh talk i always say when HE is here. (all going well obviously but being positive is the key) This is my effort to convince myself its a boy and actually get my head around it if that makes sense??!!

Ahhhh i am only 6 weeks gone and dealing with all this in my head already :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->