Dream Feed

MissMamma

Mummy
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has tried it and what your experiences have been.
I'm thinking of trying it as my LO currently sleeps from seven through til about three and then wakes every two/three hours after that so all in all only wakes three times in a night and i'm wondering whether a dream feed will get rid of the pesky 5 and 7 o' clock feeds?

i did this with DD from about 3 months or so, she would go down about 7pm and i would dreamfeed her before i went to bed at about 10pm, it worked really well and she would then usually sleep till 6am.

stopped doing it at about 6 months as she would then sleep through x

good luck xxx

I found that my LO, when she was newborn fed better at night if i gave her a dream feed and she was more settled too :) :flower:

i gave it a try, but it just unsettled my lo and she woke at 3am anyway!
give it a go - if it doesnt work after a couple of goes just stop - lo wont be used to it by then x

Dream feed is where you feed at 10/10.30 ish but don't wake the baby, no changing or winding they eat in their sleep & should not wake.

We tried this & it worked well for about a week but then she just went back to waking at 3.30am, we're trying again without it tonight. It's all trial & error!

well i tried it last night and it didnt work even though she had a good feed and stayed completely asleep. Altho my OH came to bed at half two and that was when she woke up so it might of been him waking him up...will try it again tonight and maybe once more, if it doesnt have any effect i'm giving it up and hoping she just grows out of the 3am feed.
Thank you everyone :flower:

I do a dream feed and she still always wakes at ish :dohh:

Oh! Well I guess I've been doing that the whole time.... I've never waited for him to cry to feed him at night and often he doesn't wake to eat. I didn't know there was a name for it. He doesn't cry really, just grunts and whimpers a little and moves around a lot. Am I supposed to let him wake up?

I always make sure Charlie is "topped up" at night, sometimes its a dream feed but sometimes hes up and I feed and change him before we lay together and fall asleep. Some nights it gets him further until he wakes and some it doesnt :s

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->