Dream Feeds...

welshcakes79

TTC + mum to Reebs
Reaction score
When do you introduce these and how do you do them? ie do you wake your baby? change their nappy at the same time? or just plop a bottle in their mouth.. ??:wacko:

:lol:

I had same kind of questions but didn't wanna look silly x

I don't know how to do it with a bottle, but Kaya does it every night. The trick is to feed her when she's just starting to stir, her mouth will open automatically and she'll just start eating. It means that she'll sleep from 7 to 7 every night :)

Yes what is dream feeds???

I don't know how to do it with a bottle, but Kaya does it every night. The trick is to feed her when she's just starting to stir, her mouth will open automatically and she'll just start eating. It means that she'll sleep from 7 to 7 every night :)

Ohhh if it can guarantee you a good night sleep then I'm all for it! :thumpup:

Dream feeding is when you feed them in their sleep basically! It helps to keep them full up so they sleep longer i guess throughout the night?!

I do it with Chloe, she will fall asleep around 10ish then i feed her about 11.30ish before we go to bed and she sleeps through until 7.30 (was actually 8.45 this morning though!!!)
I just pick her up and she will stir slightly then put the bottle in her mouth! shes half asleep the whole time lol !!

We give it to Oliver just before we go to sleep, about 10:30, 11 when he's stirring, and yes we do change his nappy, he's that sleepy he easilly falls asleep again within minutes and will sleep through. I don't give him a full feed though, i give about an ounce less than he'll usually have in the day cus i worry about him going to bed on too much of a full tum. I personally wouldn't give him a bottle whilst he's asleep as id worry he may choke. x

We give it to Oliver just before we go to sleep, about 10:30, 11 when he's stirring, and yes we do change his nappy, he's that sleepy he easilly falls asleep again within minutes and will sleep through. I don't give him a full feed though, i give about an ounce less than he'll usually have in the day cus i worry about him going to bed on too much of a full tum. I personally wouldn't give him a bottle whilst he's asleep as id worry he may choke. x

Ditto, i never give a full bottle just an ounce or 2 to top her up.

at night, I also feed Juleika when she only starts to move and is about to wake up, before she even makes a single tune and by the time I wake up following time I can't even remember who did go back to sleep firstly, me or her ;)

thanks for the replies and info guys, i had heard of them on another site but wasnt a member so couldnt post and ask !!! LOL @ wobbles... if you have any questions you want asking just send me a msg lol and ill post them i have no trouble looking daft:dohh:, in fact i have it down to an art :rofl:
the trouble i have with Rhiannon is that she usually fights her sleep from around 3pm on, she has a bath or top n tail around 6-7pm everynight and a feed around 6-8pm then coz she is sooo tired from being awake so long she falls into the deepest sleep and goes through untill 1am-ish and thats when she starts stirring, so coz she has gone from 6-8pm without food can i give her a dream feed then or should i give her the full feed, she usually takes around 5-6oz depends how hungry she is...(again i prob sound like a right muppet but im such an amature its unbelievable lol)...

do you wind after the ounce or 2 then?

No idea... does Caitlin bring her wind up easily? if she does i prob would very gently though so it doesnt wake her ...Rhiannon is too tight to let go of anything including her wind, which is why the night feeds take sooooo long lol..

i didnt' realise that it had a name to be honest, but I guess it's what I do with Matthew for his last feed. I put him in his Pj's and then daddy feeds him at 7pm. Pretty much by 8pm he's in a really deep sleep on the breast feeding pillow in the travel cot downstairs. I leave him there until I'm ready for bed at 10.30ish and i'll carry him up on the pillow so he doesn't wake up. Then I manage to change his bum and lay him on my bed with the lights on low, I give him about 2oz, sit him up to wind him but the whole time he has his eyes shut. I then put him down in his cot and I don't hear a sound until 6.30am ish.

Wobbles I worried too about him choking or being sick, but he's been fine. He swallows it fine despite being asleep and occasionally burps afterwards. I think its enough to top him up but not enough that it means I have to burp him properly and wake him up.

ps. Welshcakes, I know what you mean about fighting their sleep in the afternoon. Matthew will sleep in the pram when I do the school run at 3pm, but then after his 4pm feed he's fidgety and grumpy and doesn't fall asleep. So by 7pm he's worn himself out. It's a pain sometimes because that means either myself or OH will be holding him while trying to eat our dinner, BUT, it does mean he is out for the count by 8pm and we then get to veg out in the evening and spend some time together.

I give Adam a dream feed

He has his last awake bottle at 7ish then i put him down to bed (just done that now) then at 10.30 ish i will go up and slowly lift him out of his cot then put the bottle in his mouth, he is sound asleep but still does suck and take it, he will take about 5oz then stop sucking, so i take the bottle away.
I normal wind him sitting up, but coz i dont want to wake him for this bottle i lay him over my shoulder and wind him that way, once he has brought up his wind i lay him back down in his cot and he is non the wizer coz hes still fast asleep, but with a full tummy now :)

I dont change his bum overnight unless he has poo'd, i find it wakes him and its hard to get him back off to sleep, he gets changed at 7 and then again between 6 and 7am, he is never wet through so teh nappys are good.

x

tried to dream feed Non last night...she woke :(...think i must be doing it wrong either through timing it or by giving her a kiss when i lift her out so that she knows she is safe.. or maybe she is just too young at the mo.. she has only just turned 8 weeks... will try again tonight and if she wakes will put it off for another couple of weeks. Also Non is a very possetty baby, even up to 2 hours after a feed she will possett, and she doesnt make a sound when she is sick only when it comes out her nose and she starts to choke through fright..:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->