Dress and photography? $$$$

possummum

Reaction score
Hi all,

This is only my second ever post on this site. Just a quick introduction I'm 26 my fiance is 27. We got engaged in November and will be getting married in April 2014. We have been together just over 5 years have lived with each other almost the same amount if time. We have bought a house together and both have reasonable jobs. I like to be organised so we have already moving along well with the wedding plans. As well as conversation about when we will ttc first bub which will probably be pretty soon after the wedding.
My biggest issue for the wedding is the cost!! Some things are so overpriced!! Picking a place to have the reception is going to be the hardest. My fiancee is Greek and so we are having a Greek wedding which I think it's going to be lovely but we are going to have quite a few guests.
I already have my dress. I went into a shop not really planning to buy but more planning to look and feel in love with the first dress I tried on. I tried on a few more but had to go back to the first as it was like it said "I'm the one!" I'll try and post a photo later .
I thought I had my wedding photography all organised as I was winning a competition. Unfortunately unless I get a few more likes on facebook I am going to have to pick another photographer. How am I going to get more people to like my photo!? Hmmm

Once we find a reception place that we are happy with I think everything else will slide into place without a problem. At least I hope so.....

Welcome to the site! I'm afraid we're not allowed to like your photo for you, which is a shame. Competitions like that are quite risky. There are other options though. Perhaps advertise on Craigs List for a student photographer for free, or ask at your local art college? Loads of young photographers would be desperate for the experience. Do you have any talented friends who could take photos? What sort of style photographs do you want?

Thanks for your advice! Good ideas! Can I just ask why these types of competitions are risky?

Because things that require loads of likes on a photo are hardly based on talent, nor are they based on chance, it's a weird popularity content and most things worth winning won't have competitions like that. In fact, many such competitions turn out to be fraudulent or dangerous (one for children turned out to be led by a paedophile ring). You can't really count on winning something like that any more than you can count on a lucky dip competition.

I had commenced my wedding next month and in search of the best place for buying my wedding dress. I had tried a few of the malls in my area but not satisfied with their collections. I have found an online store for my wedding dress and purchased one which is a white colored one. It's simply superb. Could you share about your wedding dress and its speciality here?

As for the compertition I am a school teacher and all my students :happydance: and my students parents and family and firends as well as my own friends :thumbup: have liked the photo I have posted. It is for a $3000 :o wedding photography package from a photographer that I quite like [edited] I am currently only 50-60 likes away from being in the lead of the competition that ends the end of this month. I really was hopping maybe some people on here could help me out to get just a couple more. :help:I will be going into my old work place tomorrow to say hi but mainly to get them to log into facebook and like the photo for me. They will then also get the people they know to like it and I can bump up my numers again. I currently have a total of 743 likes I never expected to get so many but I have had so many helpful people all over the world that have liked and shared it for me. Yes I agree possibly not the best way to have a compertition but it is not luck that will win it for me it is going to be won by hard work because that is what getting all this likes has been.

As for my dress, I wish I could post a photo of it but as I have not been a member of this forum long enough I am unable to.:wacko:
When I put on my dress I just felt like a Bride I thought it was beautiful, I tried on others that I hated even some that were more expensive. My mum then said get it or you will regret it as i stood there in the dress umming and aaahhhing. I originally wanted a dress with sleaves and this dress does not have sleaves. It had lace up back which was more of a 'must have' for me than it having sleaves. I then when ok I'll take it. My mum knows me well she knows that I'd probably go try a bunch of dresses on later and be shattered when I couldn't find one I liked as much. The thing I think that was getting to me about buying it was it was so soon, my wedding was still more than a year away. I am glad I have it now because its something else ticked off my list and I no longer have to look.
The day after I brought the dress I had a panic attack, is it the right dress? Did i spend too much? is buying it to early a problem? maybe i should have tried on more dresses before making a decision....
That lasted a day but my mum said to me stop being silly you nearly made me cry when I saw you in the dress you looked so beautiful. My maid of honour felt the same.
The dress is sleaveless Aline dress it has satin top section with some seqins and a shiffon bottom. When I can I'll try and post a photo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->