Drinking before I knew. Terrified!!

Zoe1101

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I'm sure this has been talked about before, but I am absolutely freaking out. My LMP was 3/16 and I usually have a pretty regular 28 day cycle. Usually ovulate about day 14 according to opk's which of course we didnt use this month. My husband and I have been trying for about 6 months with no luck. This month we only had sex once and stupid me thought, we've been trying so hard for so long there's no way it's going to happen this month. So from 4/2-4/4 I attended a bachelorette party, rehearsal dinner and wedding, and drank...a lot. Probably 5-6 mixed drinks/champagne a night. On Tuesday 4/7 I had this "weird" feeling so i took a test-very very faint positive (which has since gotten darker). (This also made me wonder if I ovulated earlier this month?) This is what we have wanted for so long but now instead of feeling excited I am terrified that I have already done some damage. (i don't see my obgyn until 4/28.). Has anyone experienced this? Any dr.'s or nurses out there with any thoughts? I can't stop beating myself up about this.

Not a doctor or nurse but you haven't done any harm. You're fine. There's quite a few weeks before the baby gets its nutrients from you. I know you're worried but life happens. You aren't the first and certainly not the last. happy 9 months!

You will be ok...baby would be just starting to form when you got the very very faint positive. Many many people drink and take things they cant even before they know and their babies were absolutely fine. It would be different if you kept drinking and didnt find out until you were like 15 weeks or more. Your baby was in the very very early stages, so anything you take wouldntve affected baby just yet.

You likely hadn't even implanted yet for most of those nights so I think you're totally fine!

I did the same (or worse even) just before finding out I was pregnant with DS and he is a happy, healthy 7 year old. The embryo is still getting nourishment from the yolk sac and nothing from you as of yet. You have absolutely nothing to worry about.
A friend of mine was 6 weeks and had been camping and drinking very heavily before finding out she was pregnant again the doctor told her she was in the clear.

dont worry, i am sure you are fine. many women drink before they realize they are pregnant in very early pregnancy. as long as you dont drink from here on out is all that matters !! :hugs:

Thank you so much for your replies ladies! I sooooo want to be excited about this, not nervous that I've already done something wrong. I appreciate the reassurance!!

I had exactly the same worries when I was pregnant with my DS. I found out I was pregnant after Christmas and New Year when I had a huge amount to drink. On NYE in particular I was drinking until 3am and almost passed out. When I found out, I was so worried but my midwife reassured me that as long as I didn't continue drinking, the baby would be fine. He's a a very healthy 2 year old now who is coming on in leaps and bounds!

Dont worry you have done no harm, it happens to loads of people (it happened to me with ds1 and i was very drunk on several occasions before i knew)

Don't worry. You'll be fine. With my DD I'd been out for a whole bank holiday weekend drinking day and night (I never normally would either) and I found out I was pregnant 2 days later. DD is fine. She's 16 mo now :)

Really dont worry, i found out at 19w. Went partying every weekend, went to 5 theme parks. Fell down the stairs twice. My baby was healthy when i found out.

I would try not to worry, this haopens to many many women including me. I has no idea I was pregnant with my first and had a couple of very boozy weekends with a wine festival and a hen do! my little one was and is completely fine, happy and healthy x

you will be perfectly fine! for the 1st couple weeks the baby doesn't even get what you are really putting in your body (so to speak). You know how many women have drank before finding out? millions and trillions probably! think about back in the 60's & 70's when women would smoke and drink throughout. (I'm not condoning that by any means, but just saying). Relax - no need to worry about a few days of drinking before finding out!

It's really common and before you have implanted there would be two outcomes, miscarriage before implantation (which didn't happen) or totally fine! I got pretty drunk at my work Christmas party then for a negative test so went to the pub a few more days before my bfp, yesterday I had a perfect 20 weeks scan. Apparently there has been a big rise in people aborting because of this and it's totally not needed, drinking throughout infact causes issues, one of drinking before you know didn't! How your reassured.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->