Drinking BPA :( so worried about mc

Starlight32

Reaction score
Help! I realized today that I have been drinking out of a plastic water bottle that is not BPA free. I drink out of this water bottle every day at work, and I'm at work for 8 hours and drink A LOT of water. I'm so scared and freaking out about baby.

Honestly there is really no risk to your baby I think worrying will do more harm than the bpa bottles. Long term its not the best option for your own health but relax, it wont affect the baby, there are some scary articles online, but there is little research to support the every day use of a drinking bottle will cause any harm.

Edit to add, if you are really worried about drinking from a BPA too often, maybe switch to cups or a BPA free bottle

I threw out the bpa bottle and will be using bpa free ones going forward. I read bpa increases the chance of a miscarriage. I'm so scared about what is going to happen.

Nothing is going to happen. BPA doesn't leach into liquids instantaneously. I'm a chemist. Presuming we are talking about cold water in the bottle, the process is slow enough that it would take months (maybe even years) to get detectable amounts of the chemical in water that had just been sitting in the bottle that entire time.

It's good that you got a new bottle because it will help with your peace of mind. Drink, be merry, and don't give the old bottle a second thought.

Yeah I was drinking cold water in it, but I used it often.

Do you think baby is OK? I read horrible things online :(

Deep breath, hon. BPA has been a component of plastics for decades - decades during which tens of millions of healthy babies were born. It has only been a scary news buzzword for five years or so, and it has still not been definitively proven as a major risk factor for anything.

If you Google anything for long enough, you will find a link that says it's dangerous for pregnancy. Let it go, and relax. Being constantly stressed out about having to follow every (constant changing) piece of safety advice perfectly is not good for you either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->