drinking less

Newt

tiny amphibious salamanda
Reaction score
I'm a little worried.

Oscar used to take a little over 5 oz of formular every 3 hours during the day.

he then started going 4 hours between feeds but took the same amount.

Now, he is drinking less, this morning he only had 3 oz at 6am, and 2 oz at 9am.

He seems happy in himself though. Could it be the warm weather? or his growing slowed? any one else experience this?

If he seems well in himself i wouldn't be too concerned as long as he is still gaining weight. My son used to go up and down in how much milk he used to drink when he was a baby. Could try cooled bolied water to help keep his fluid intake up when it is extra warm x

the amount summer takes is always changing, she will take on average 4-5oz every 3 hours in the day then the same at night but go every 4hours. however last night she has decided she wants 2oz every 2 hours but will sometimes only have 2oz and go 4 hours if that makes sense. she is a little madam!

I wouldnt worry, bubs will take a growth spurt, probably around 3 months and will take more than ever :)

i wouldnt worry aslong as he seems happy enough and your getting lots of wet nappys cant see it being a problem i always worry wether Rileys getting enough or to much lol

They also say babies at around 2 months become anemic, perhaps if he keeps eatting less, and sleeping alot, then I would become worried and take him to his doctor

I saw the health visitor yersterday. Ha had only put on 3 oz this week. She said not to worry unless he starts losing weight, that he is following the right curve (he did have his jabs since the last weigh in too)

I think the jabs can put the little ones off their milk for a week or so, looking back at katies little book she always slowed down her milk for a week or so

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->