Drinking water

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by EmKayElle, Nov 16, 2011.

1. EmKayElle

EmKayElle Member

I'm having such a hard time drinking a lot of water. Water bores me lol. I drink a ton of fluids throughout the day but definitely not enough water. Anyone else having this problem?

2. victorial8

victorial8 Mummy to Freya

Me, I feel sick if I drink too much. Baby has enough fluid though and my pee so far has always been fine according to the midwife so I'm happy enough x x

3. youngmommy2

youngmommy2 Guest

Me me!! I try to water down every juice that I have, but i usually only manage to finish 3 bottles of water a day (16 oz each)

4. erikab922

erikab922 Well-Known Member

Oh god yes, I am so sick of water so am trying to mix things into it to make it more palatable. Usually do 1/3 grape juice 2/3 water, or add orange squash (can't remember what this is called in the States!).

5. justplainTIFF

justplainTIFF Proud mommy!

I'm having trouble as well and my dry lips are proof. The cooler weather isn't helping my hydration either. :(

6. SAJ

SAJ cautiously pregnant

meeee too. I think I'll try adding juice to my water to flavour it up a bit. Erikab, are you referring to orange Tang? If Crystal Light didn't have aspertame I'd drink that but I'm avoiding all aspertame (diet drinks, gum, etc).

7. justplainTIFF

justplainTIFF Proud mommy!

I think orange squash is orange juice and lemon juice right?

8. addie140910

addie140910 Well-Known Member

I have been having a hard time drinking water. It makes me sick. I have only been getting about 1/2 a cup (about 10oz) a day before bedtime. I drink fluids throughout the day though, mainly juice, V8 and milk. But sometimes decaf tea.

9. Whitbit22

Whitbit22 Proud Mommy

I was having this problem. Then I started popping a water bottle in the freezer for a while and taking it out nicely chilled.. if I have it beside me it reminds me I need to drink it. It's definitely a conscious effort!

Oh and Crystal light does not have aspartame in it, they use Splenda. Turns out Splenda isn't much better but I'd rather drink it than Aspartame.

10. mamaduke

mamaduke Proud Mama

I haven't gotten bored with water yet, but it might be the youngster in me kicking back in, since I drank A LOT of water when I was a kid. Granted, I've also been feeling random cramping and pains and have found water to alleviate those a little, so that's been motivation for me to stick with the water. Sometimes, I'll mix Gatorade in with the water to add flavor and make sure I'm keeping up on my electrolytes.

11. Kristin52

Kristin52 Well-Known Member

I'm starting to. I was doing SO good with drinking lots of water, it was all I drank! minus the occasional cup of juice or cup of soda, but now I'm struggling. So I've been drinking gatorade and water half and half because gatorade is good to help you stay dehydrated! :thumbup: