Driving after C-Section

Whisper

Mummy to DD & DS
Reaction score
So i read on here that some people are driving before the 6week mark, i called my insurance company and they said as long as i get the all clear from doctor/midwife i can drive whenever.

I made an appointment today to see the doctor and she was really unhelpful and just kept saying the advice is 6weeks and she is not going to declare me fit to drive as i still have 4 more weeks to wait!

I feel really annoyed as i am back to normal mobility better than before i was pregnant, not sure what i can do though as its going to be noted on the doctors file she has told me not to drive.

Does anyone have any advice?
I know if i have to wait then i have to wait but some people have said their doctor has declared them fit drive at 2/3weeks post c-section.

My doctor said it was up to the insurance company, that some companies require 6-8 weeks. When I talked to the insurance they told me as long as I was able to wear my seat belt and felt comfortable that I could brake hard if needed, they had no time requirements.

hi. my hv told me 4 to 6 weeks. insurance company said they werent really bothered as long as i felt recovered enough to brake hard. i waited til 5 weeks and did feel a little sore after the first time but was fine after that.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->