Driving dilema..

S

Sparkes

So.

We are needing to get a double pushchair when this baby comes along. There isn't a chance in hell that one will fit in the back of my mini, its a good day if i can get my bugaboo bee to fit in it.

We are looking at the Bugaboo donkey and iCandy peach..its probably going to be the donkey as iCandy say on there website its only suitable for children upto the age of 3.

I don't want to get rid of it, it's just not an option. I would part ex it for a bigger mini, but i don't think I could get a double into one of them either (the biggest is the countryman)

During the week I will be at university most of the time anyway..and it will be my in laws who look after the baby and Annabelle when she won't be at nursery and they have a Picasso, so it should fit in that just fine. OH will be getting an BMW X5 or Audi A4/A5 and it will be our hope that it will fit in fine in them.

Anyway...so most of the time I will be going out with the two of them and a double pram will be at the weekend when OH is around, as will his car...so we will be able to go out in his car. Problem solved.

The only problem them comes during holidays. Should I get a cheap runaround to use? I mean something that is going to cost me about £500 and the doors will probably be pretty much hanging off but at least we will be able to get around.

Public transport is an option but alot of the places we go to don't have direct transport links and it would be a pain changing too many times with a huge pram and two LOs.

It just seems silly (plus the fact I don't want to) to sell my car, to buy a bigger one when 80% of the time i'm just going to be using it alone?!

Hm... I love my mondeo. My LO's pram (which is massive), My dog.. and shopping can all fit in the boot >< But I love my big fast cars! Tbh I wouldn't waste insuring another car... B ut I don't know how else you can work around it.. unless you could get isnured on hubbys car and use it when you need to? I.E swap.. let him use your mini. Double pram should definitely fit in an X5 or A4. x

I was going to suggest swapping with oh the days you need the bigger car :) xx

Could you put the new baby in a sling and use the bee for your older LO. That's what I plan to do when I have my second as I don't think I could handle a double pushchair.

will older LO not walk or go on a buggy board by the time LO arrives?

xx

looking at your ticket lo would be about 3 1/2 when baby comes...? if that's the case i wouldn't worry about a double as at that age they would want to walk. at 3 1/2 most children start nursery and i stopped using buggy then as i thought no longer needed. as a pp suggested a buggy board would be a better bet for those just incase times or longer days out... loved my buggy board...!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->