driving etiquette

I always thank (wave of hand) regardless of if it was my right of way or theirs. Obviously it's not in the Highway Code that you have to give thanks lol but I think it's good manners.

If the obstacle (parked car) is on their side of the road then it's your right of way.

This is a huge bug bear of mine. I find it very rude when people don't thank, really how hard is it?! A slight nod of the head is all it takes...

Manners cost nothing. I'd rather be too nice then not :) always a thank you'er.... :)

It's not exactly hard to wave/nod at someone. I don't drive atm but always tell my OH off if he doesn't thank other drivers and shake my head very obviously at them if they don't thank him lol.

I do tend to thank but honestly don't particularly care if others do....don't see how it makea that much difference :shrug: everything gets a little more tetchy when driving though i guess!

I thank everybody when I drive, I flash people when there's speed cameras or hazards. I HATE when people barge through or don't wave, I get sooooo angry. It's common courtesy to lift a finger I think, I wouldn't expect someone to move out the way when I'm walking without saying thank you, driving is the same for me haha!

I do try to, but it all depends on whether I need both hands on the wheel

I always thank others when I'm driving, it really annoys me when other drivers don't.

You don't need to take a hand of the wheel to thank someone though? A nod is enough or one finger (not the middle :haha:)

I always say thank you regardless.

It's rude when they don't do it back.

You don't need to take a hand of the wheel to thank someone though? A nod is enough or one finger (not the middle :haha:)

Oh I do that anyway, as well as making eye contact and smiling, but I wonder how many drivers can actually see that as I never get a smile etc back.

I always wave and/or flash my lights. It is irritating though when you get a driver who gives you an impatient look as if to say "come on, hurry up" like they are doing you a favour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->