Driving myself crazy with wrong nub guesses!

marina294

Mum to 2 DD's
Reaction score
I cant help it i keep trawling the internet for girl nubs that turn into boys:nope: one minute i get my hopes up then take one look at a girl gallery and see identical ones to mine *sigh* why do i keep doing it :dohh: to top it off me and OH only decided on having two children and now he keeps hinting that maybe we will have another :wacko: as much as i would love more babies im not pregnancys no.1 fan with SPD and sciatica and bad water retention with my last:haha: oh well time will tell i guess but my body needs a break if thats the case

I'm the same. Searching nubs, heads, placentas! I need to stop!

I've been the same, I just about convinced myself I'm not bothered about the gender anymore, although I've always wanted a girl first, but now I have my scan picture I felt so excited at first glance to see a girly looking skull, but then so disappointed when I started looking at nubs and mine looks like a boy. I'm no expert on the theory, just can't imagine this being a girl now from the pics I've looked at to compare, so even though I'm staying team yellow I already feel like there's no chance it could be a girl. Makes it harder that we just announced and everyone is predicting a girl when I'm so sure it's not.

The most accurate sex test I did was the bicarbonate of soda test. Get a teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda (not baking soda!) in a glass/cup/pot and add some of your wee to it. If it doesnt fizz at all, it's a girl. If it fizzes like crazy it's a boy.

I'd say 75% of people I have asked about this have had an accurate result. I did! I'm having a girl and when I did it at 16 weeks there wasn't even a slight fizz!

I've been the same, I just about convinced myself I'm not bothered about the gender anymore, although I've always wanted a girl first, but now I have my scan picture I felt so excited at first glance to see a girly looking skull, but then so disappointed when I started looking at nubs and mine looks like a boy. I'm no expert on the theory, just can't imagine this being a girl now from the pics I've looked at to compare, so even though I'm staying team yellow I already feel like there's no chance it could be a girl. Makes it harder that we just announced and everyone is predicting a girl when I'm so sure it's not.

same here im not an expert but my 12 week scan has a very girly nub and on the gender prediction sites the majority have guessed girl. also family and friends dont know about this 'nub theory' they are all predicting boy for me even though i know it most likely is a girl. i tried explaining the theory to SIL as hubby told her id posted the pic online etc:)growlmad:thanks for that!) and she looked at me like i was crazy and just laughed and said highly unlikely.
She has no kids herself and i could not be bothered to explain in detail to her.
but hopefully by telling myself it is a girl now it makes it more accepting come the gender scan.

ive not tried this may have to raid my cupboards next time i need the loo lol

I'm waiting try the bi-carb test. I think guppy said you can do it from 10 weeks so I'm going to be trying it next week lol
I'm actually a little scared to do it and any of the others as if it predicts a boy I will lose that last bit of hope. The only one I've done is the ring test which was girl, then someone told me you should wait until 16 weeks or when your showing a bit to do it, so that mean my girl result is void for now. I've done a couple of old wives tale quizzes on line which also say girl but I can't answer all the questions, like how I'm carrying etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->