Driving test! - Updated, post 8

Rhio92

Connor, Saskia, OH & Me
Reaction score
Help! I have my driving test *shortly*. Ie. This week. Not saying anymore than that :haha:
I'm so nervous! I know I can do it. I've had over 60 hours of lessons, and I'm pretty confident driving around, very rarely require instruction anymore. It's just nerves that will get me! (Last year I had a nursing exam, it was manual blood pressure, I forgot what to do, started panicking and crying, couldn't for the life of me remember how to take blood pressure, and I've been doing it manually for ages, the exam had to be paused, it was so embarrassing, however, after the pause, I passed).
Any tips? What can I do to ease the nerves? xx

Just try and stay calm and go slowly (i mean like stick to speed limits etc but dont rush through the maneuvers and moving off)

Also keep going! Even if you think you've made a terrible mistake its likely you havent. I made 5/6 errors which i was certain were fails but i passed with 4 minors! Had I just given up id have certainly failed.

Just do your best and avoid getting into a dangerous situation like cutting infront of someone .. if you forget the route ask for repeat directions .. if you take a wrong turn just go with it and explain ''i know that was the wrong turn'' as long as you mirror signaled its fine they will bring you back to the route.

So stay calm .. stay safe and keep going :) Good luck xxxx

I went into my driving test thinking ok if i fail at least this is giving me the experiance of the test and i will know what to expect, my manover was reversing into a parking bay, my worst one and it was the last part of the test, i thought id messed it up, swore a few times and asked if i could start again anyway i did and i passed with 7 minors, i could have sworn i failed x

I know it's hard but just think of it as another lesson, think of it not as a test but you're simply showing that person what you can do. You're obviously ready else your instructor wouldn't let you put in for your test so just keep telling yourself that you can do it. Talk things through so you're not panicky or rushing things, even say it out loud if you need to, I did on mine :lol:. Like I said, you can do it, so just keep telling yourself that!

Good luck!

I have mine soon too and I'm absolutely petrified!

UPDATE....

I had my test this afternoon...

and...

I PASSED! :happydance: With just 3 minors :wohoo:

I used rescue remedy for nerves, I have no idea if it helped or not. I felt calm, and genuinely enjoyed the drive. My instructor came with me, and he said one of my faults was a bit harsh, and most wouldn't have counted it.
Soooo happy :)

Thanks for your help, everyone!

Oh great!! congrats!

was this your first attempt?

any tips?

Congratulations and well donee!

I'm starting my lessons next week and I'm terrified! Lol xx

Well done hun!!!

Proud of you! You & C will be whizzing and vrooming away 'til your hearts content :haha: xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->