Dropping bottles

Dona

Reaction score
OK here is my dilemma. Will I start the process of getting Archie to drop a bottle in line with his corrected age or his actual age? He is on three meals a day and 2 puddings but still on 5 bottles. In line with his corrected age his 10pm one should go around 5 months - he is 4 and a half months. However, if we go by his actual - 7 and a half months, he should only be on four leading to three by around 8 months! I just think he is still small to go by his actual date to be taking bottles away from him. I am going by his corrected age..do you think this is right? For all your Mummy's that have been through this..what did you do?

xxx

So far Matthew only has breakfast, he dropped to 4 6oz bottles on his own around 4 and a half months actual age well before we started weaning (now trying to get him to take 80z) I double checked with HV as thought it was a bit soon but she didnt see the point in trying to wake him for an extra feed he no longer required. Archie will start refusing or getting fussy if he no longer wants it, though if he's on 3 meals plus snacks and puddings if he dropped a feed now it would be very safe for him, he's doing sooooo well and coming on a treat :happydance: x

So far Matthew only has breakfast, he dropped to 4 6oz bottles on his own around 4 and a half months actual age well before we started weaning (now trying to get him to take 80z) I double checked with HV as thought it was a bit soon but she didnt see the point in trying to wake him for an extra feed he no longer required. Archie will start refusing or getting fussy if he no longer wants it, though if he's on 3 meals plus snacks and puddings if he dropped a feed now it would be very safe for him, he's doing sooooo well and coming on a treat :happydance: x

Thanks for that! It's mad how well these babies come on..and so quickly! Archie is turning into a big boy right in front of our eyes!

If your ever in Eddy you should give me a bell and we could meet up! xx

OK here is my dilemma. Will I start the process of getting Archie to drop a bottle in line with his corrected age or his actual age? He is on three meals a day and 2 puddings but still on 5 bottles. In line with his corrected age his 10pm one should go around 5 months - he is 4 and a half months. However, if we go by his actual - 7 and a half months, he should only be on four leading to three by around 8 months! I just think he is still small to go by his actual date to be taking bottles away from him. I am going by his corrected age..do you think this is right? For all your Mummy's that have been through this..what did you do?

xxx

I would go by his actual age, but let him tell you. Try dropping one and see what happens. I'm sure he'll tell you soon enough if he still needs it! Abby has dropped her feeds by herself. She dropped the middle of the night ones after being home for about 3 weeks which would have been at about 2 and a half months old actual. She dropped the later night one about three weeks ago, at about 4 months actual. We started weaning her today so we'll see how she goes, it's kind of early apparently but if we don't do something she'll have her hands chewed down to her fists!

I was thinking the same Dona there is a few of us in here from the same neck of the woods, think Bec is from Kilmarnock as well we shoul all def try meet up x

And foolgirl is Scottish too. We should arrange something soon xx

Yep, I'm in Falkirk. Probably the most central of you all. My house for coffee....:winkwink:

ps...I aint no FooL

Yep, I'm in Falkirk. Probably the most central of you all. My house for coffee....:winkwink:

ps...I aint no FooL

Ooops sorry about that! Your house sounds good - when and where?
I'm about next week then off to the lakes the week after that. We go nowhere and do nowt so whats best for you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->