dry scalp, any cures?

I

iceylou

i suffer with dry scalp, not dandruff for quite some time now and the only shampoo that helps is the one i get from the hair salon and is 23 euro!! cant afford that anymore. my hair is generally in good condition but its my scalp that drives me crazy, some days it spreads onto my face around the hairline. im very aware of it and its not helping my confidence.

anyone got any help or ideas? :flower:

Do you have Lush in Ireland or can you get it delivered?

I've read about using olive oil on your scalp. Massage it in and let it sit for awhile before you have a shower, then just shampoo it out.

Raw organic coconut oil.. Good for all dry skin conditions x

yeh i would do the olive oil or coconut oil, but recently ive been told about oilatum https://www.boots.com/en/Oilatum-Scalp-Treatment-Shampoo-100ml_5043/

might be worth having a look?

Neutrogena T gel works for me, I get it from boots or superdrug or any chemist really x

Polytar shampoo is really good.You can buy it from most pharmacies.Lloyds,Boots,etc x

Defo shampoo bar from lush cant remember what it is called but it is brown and grainy looking and smells like polytar shampoo (not really selling it here am i lol) it is fab!!

T-Gel or something equivalent. Doesn't make your hair smell too good, but you only need use it long enough to sort your scalp. If that doesn't work, then see your Dr, as I know they can prescribe something very similar but much stronger, and that's always worked for me.

Tips for getting rid of Dry Scalp
Gently massage conditioner into your scalp after every shampoo to hydrate it and lift away some of the flakes.
Lather up with clarifying shampoo weekly. These deep-cleaning formulas rid hair of product buildup and help loosen dead skin cells on the scalp.
Turn down the heat. Hot water can zap natural oils from your scalp, making it ultra dry and sensitive; also choose the lowest heat setting on your blowdryer.
Try a final rinse of one cup warm water mixed with two to three tablespoons of white vinegar. This will also bring out the highlights in your hair and make it shiny.
Massage table salt into your dry scalp before shampooing with an acid-based shampoo.
Try an oil treatment in which you massage olive oil into your hair and scalp, cover your hair with plastic wrap and with two wet towels. Keep the towels on your head for twenty minutes, then remove oil with two washings.
Supplement your diet with foods rich in Vitamins C and B, which promote a healthy scalp, and healthy hair.
Using Essential Oils for Dry Scalp
Zinc Pyrithione: It is the most widely used active ingredient from a natural source. It’s used to treat dandruff, seborrheic dermatitus, psoriasis, eczema and numerous other skin and scalp disorders.
Jojoba - Is excellent as a scalp moisturiser and helps to rebalance sebum.
Tea Tree Oil - Treatment for dry scalp, dandruff, lice, and underactive sebaceous glands.
Basil: Oily hair promotes growth
Chamomile
Clary sage
Lavender - Scalp treatment for itchiness, dandruff, and even lice
Lemon - Gives golden highlights; treatment for dry scalp, dandruff, lice, and underactive sebaceous glands
Myrrh
Dry Scalp Home remedy
Home remedy for dry itchy scalp Take ¼ c oatmeal and soak in water for 20 mins. Mix well and then strain the liquid adding it to a cup. Add 5 drops lavender oil (or lavender stalks steeped in ¼ cup hot water. Add 5 drops rosemary (or rosemary stalks steeped in ¼ cup hot water. Allow to cool until tepid. Mix the liquids together and dab on your scalp…leave in for 10 mins to soothe the itch. This a good temporary soother for itching. Chamomile tea is also soothing!
Garlic and oil of oregano are also excellent for fighting dandruff. You can take it internally or externally depending on what seems to work best for your situation. Both are sold in health food stores as capsules or tablets.

thanks ladies, kinda found my own cure

1. stay away from the hairspray :haha:

2. i use aveeno skin relief on my face and hands so i thought what the hell why not rub it into my scalp, couldnt do any damage or make it worse. left it in for 2 days. hair was nice and greasy lol and i didnt go outside the door but boy did it work. i use it every 2 wks seems to be doing the job.

3. i also use E45 cream too with the aveeno. i used E45 for nicoles cradle cap and cleared it up very quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->