DTD... Every day or every other day during fertile period?

trudie100

Reaction score
Hey ladies

As the title suggests I just wondered if you think it's best to dtd every day or every other day during the 5-6 day fertile window ?

I've read you should just dtd every day during the 5-6 days and I've also read it's best to do it every other day to give the sperm time to replenish properly ?

Anyone have any experience of what worked for them?

with my first little boy we done the deed every day from what I can remember but with me and Oh both working and a 3 year old I just find it hard to find the time and energy to dtd every day ha x

Ive wondered the same thing. Honestly, I dont think it makes much difference unless DH has a low sperm count. Then I would say bd every other day. If its normal, then I would think either one is fine.

I've been wondering the same thing too. Every cycle I say to myself that we'll dtd every other day, but then my fertile period comes and I try to cd every day. If we don't conceive this cycle, which will be the third cycle of dtd every day in the fertile window, then next cycle I really will try to dtd every other day instead.

every day worked for me last cycle. The cycle before that we did it 2 days prior to O and the day of and we didn't catch it. So I ramped it up and we caught. Unfortunately it ended in mc so here I am again. and I am sticking to the same schedule.

If you do it every day try to limit it to every 24 hours to give the guys enough time to replenish. so try not to have night sex then morning sex. 8 hours ish is not enough time.

You'll also probably have to spice stuff up, take some time for foreplay etc. Otherwise it gets so clinical and hubby may get gun shy. The pressue to finish is strong since all we really have to do is lay there (although that's no fun lol). It's all on our guys.

but I highly recommend every day. Yes there are many women that get lucky with just once on day of, or just before. But lots of sex is really what it comes down to.

every second day produces more sperm but they are slower. Every day produces slightly less sperm but they are faster.

All my apps say the optimal time is all 3 days prior to O, the day of O and the day after (just in case).

Every day is fine unless sperm count is a bit low, then every other day.

Thanks ladies! I think i might try every day on the 3 days prior to O, the day of O and the day after and see if we catch the egg this month!

last month we done it every other day and the day of O and that didnt work x

Every other day has worked for me 3 pregnancies. My last pregnancy was only two times in the fertile period, the day before O and 3 days before that!

DH doesn't like the pressure if we have to try every day!

Every other day has worked for me 3 pregnancies. My last pregnancy was only two times in the fertile period, the day before O and 3 days before that!

DH doesn't like the pressure if we have to try every day!

I keep reading over and over that its the days before O that are most important - its so hard knowing when to start during the fertile period especially when you dont know for definite which day you'll O. I guess this is why every other day is a good plan as you should always be covered

I agree that its too much pressure to DTD every day, when we were trying for our first LO it wasnt too bad but now we have a 3 year old keeping us busy as well as work its just too tiring lol

So far, DH seems to work well under pressure :laugh2: I always plan to BD every other day before O but when I know its coming up Im so scared Ill miss it, I end up asking to BD everyday. It does make sex bleh. I think I feel more under pressure than he does, though. It feels awkward. DH is the type to finish quick (but can go a few times)...So during O time Im thankful I can get it over with and go on with what I was doing before. :laugh2: God, thats horrible to say! TTC has definatly taken the fun out of things.

So far, DH seems to work well under pressure :laugh2: I always plan to BD every other day before O but when I know its coming up Im so scared Ill miss it, I end up asking to BD everyday. It does make sex bleh. I think I feel more under pressure than he does, though. It feels awkward. DH is the type to finish quick (but can go a few times)...So during O time Im thankful I can get it over with and go on with what I was doing before. :laugh2: God, thats horrible to say! TTC has definatly taken the fun out of things.

I feel the same hun! the last 2 cycles he was too tired to DTD every day and we ended up having a bit of a barny about it so he's told me not to tell him when im ovulating as it makes it all too clinical

Im going to try really hard this week to just make him think he's irresistible instead of mentioning TTC lol

Im still in 2 minds about trying to DTD every day or every other, but every other is more realistic but like you i worry ill miss it or that he's swimmers arent strong enough to chance every other day :( x

We DTD everyday from after my period ended until I took a pregnancy test. It was positive.

I think Ill not tell DH Im ovulating this time, as well. Although, I think hell figure it out. His mom will be visiting for a week and Ill have to pull him aside to get some BDing and Im sure Ill insistant about it.

I think Ill not tell DH Im ovulating this time, as well. Although, I think hell figure it out. His mom will be visiting for a week and Ill have to pull him aside to get some BDing and Im sure Ill insistant about it.

I think it takes the pressure off from their point of view if they dont know (even if they secretly do :happydance:)

newmommy21 - wow thats alot of BD'ing ha ! congrats x

We are dtd every day at the moment as I have flashing smilies on my opk but god, its boring and so unromantic :haha:

I don't remember with Thomas, but we only did the deed one time each fertile period for my last 3 pregnancies. Once 3 days before ovulation with Sophie, the day of ovulation last cycle (chemical pregnancy) and the day before ovulation this cycle. I'm not super fertile either as I have long weird cycles that can go to 90+ days and it took 8 years to get pregnant with Thomas.

Thanks girls

I keep hearing how 3 days before ovulation seems to be the magic time :) x

Im alittle worried Ill miss this egg this month. FF has me Oing on Sat. DH wont be home until Friday and who knows if we'll have the time to bd with his mom here. Ugh. Maybe Ill pick him up on Thursday...but Id have to wake up at 3 am to take him back. Is it worth it? .....I do like my sleep :laugh2:

Im alittle worried Ill miss this egg this month. FF has me Oing on Sat. DH wont be home until Friday and who knows if we'll have the time to bd with his mom here. Ugh. Maybe Ill pick him up on Thursday...but Id have to wake up at 3 am to take him back. Is it worth it? .....I do like my sleep :laugh2:

That's a shame he wont be around in the lead up to O, but yes I still think its worth trying to get one in on Thursday as the days before ovulation are supposed to be key! and then again when hes back lol

I got my positive OPK just now and we DTD on Monday, so I am guessing ill be ovulating tomorrow or the next day, going to DTD today and tomorrow just to be sure :happydance: and maybe Friday if we have the energy lol

That's a shame he wont be around in the lead up to O, but yes I still think its worth trying to get one in on Thursday as the days before ovulation are supposed to be key! and then again when hes back lol

I got my positive OPK just now and we DTD on Monday, so I am guessing ill be ovulating tomorrow or the next day, going to DTD today and tomorrow just to be sure :happydance: and maybe Friday if we have the energy lol

I just found out his mom wont be here until Sunday. FF on my phone says Ill O on Sunday but online it says Sat. I dont know why its different. So maybe I still have a chance to BD before I O. Im stocked up on 3 different kinds of tests this month! :laugh2: Ive decided that if it doesnt happen this month, Im going to stop trying so hard. Im not going to use OPKs anymore or track my cycles. But my cycles and O are pretty regular so either way Im going to know...ugh. Its just getting to be stressful and not fun anymore. I figure if its going to happen itll happen.

I just found out his mom wont be here until Sunday. FF on my phone says Ill O on Sunday but online it says Sat. I dont know why its different. So maybe I still have a chance to BD before I O. Im stocked up on 3 different kinds of tests this month! :laugh2: Ive decided that if it doesnt happen this month, Im going to stop trying so hard. Im not going to use OPKs anymore or track my cycles. But my cycles and O are pretty regular so either way Im going to know...ugh. Its just getting to be stressful and not fun anymore. I figure if its going to happen itll happen.

That's fab you have a bit more time !

I've only been trying since August but I've already got a bit obsessed with opks but mostly worrying about when to dtd and how often etc - been driving myself mad

I also know more or less when I ovulate so even if I didn't use the opks id still know when I should be trying and I'd still be over thinking when to dtd - it's a bloody nightmare ha !

Really hoping this is my month as I'm driving myself mad even x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->