DTD... Every day or every other day during fertile period?

We dtd every day in the fertile window last month but didn't work. I'm trying smep now and that says every other day until opk+ then do it that day and two more days, skip a day and then one more. Will see if it works xx

Im alittle worried Ill miss this egg this month. FF has me Oing on Sat. DH wont be home until Friday and who knows if we'll have the time to bd with his mom here. Ugh. Maybe Ill pick him up on Thursday...but Id have to wake up at 3 am to take him back. Is it worth it? .....I do like my sleep :laugh2:

That's a shame he wont be around in the lead up to O, but yes I still think its worth trying to get one in on Thursday as the days before ovulation are supposed to be key! and then again when hes back lol

I got my positive OPK just now and we DTD on Monday, so I am guessing ill be ovulating tomorrow or the next day, going to DTD today and tomorrow just to be sure :happydance: and maybe Friday if we have the energy lol

I just found out his mom wont be here until Sunday. FF on my phone says Ill O on Sunday but online it says Sat. I dont know why its different. So maybe I still have a chance to BD before I O. Im stocked up on 3 different kinds of tests this month! :laugh2: Ive decided that if it doesnt happen this month, Im going to stop trying so hard. Im not going to use OPKs anymore or track my cycles. But my cycles and O are pretty regular so either way Im going to know...ugh. Its just getting to be stressful and not fun anymore. I figure if its going to happen itll happen.

That's fab you have a bit more time !

I've only been trying since August but I've already got a bit obsessed with opks but mostly worrying about when to dtd and how often etc - been driving myself mad

I also know more or less when I ovulate so even if I didn't use the opks id still know when I should be trying and I'd still be over thinking when to dtd - it's a bloody nightmare ha !

Really hoping this is my month as I'm driving myself mad even x

I feel the same way. Even if I didnt use OPKs, Id still know when I should be BDing!

Tonight, DH gave me the whole, "Can we just go back to having sex for fun? It's a lot of pressure." Im thinking...um...no?! But ofcourse I said yes. :laugh2: He said, "If we end up making a baby, that's great. If not, then atleast we had great sex." So frustrating. I guess he's right though. We've only been married since August and TTC has made sex a bit...boring. :shrug:

Thankfully, he will be back tomorrow...A day or two before O, so I can jump him and just say that Ive missed him! Ha!

This month we've done the deed every other day from 3 days pre ovulation, and then the day of ovulation and the 2 days after

We didnt do any of the days after last month so i'm hoping thats where we went wrong.

I was assuming i'd ovulate the day of the positive OPK but now know you ovulate 12-48 hours after so i've made sure we DTD in the 2 days after i got my positive OPK instead this week

Do you think we should do the 3rd day just to be safe? x

We just try and do it every 2-3 days throughout the month. If I know I'm likely to O then I try and do it every 1-2 days. I try and make it seem like I just want it though otherwise DH gets annoyed! otherwise it gets boring and exhausting and i don't want DH to feel like all I want him for is his sperm :haha:

I told hubby that we are now doing it for fun even though I am pretty sure I am surging today. I thought I did cd13 but no temp spike to confirm. I finally got an opk that was super positive. There was no question about it. He is so getting jumped tonight but he will just think i am frisky. If he knew the pressure would be too much for him.

How are you getting on ladies ?

We managed to dtd 2 days before O, the day of O and the day after so I'm hoping that's enough

I wanted to dtd the two days after O (not just day after) but OH was too tired :(

We did it cd12-17, missed cd18 due to schedules, twice on cd 19 and once today Cd20 (Nov 21). It looks like I ovulated yesterday (cd19, Nov 20). So I am pretty sure we are good to go.

I feel like we caught the egg. We shall see. I start testing in 9 days.

We did it cd12-17, missed cd18 due to schedules, twice on cd 19 and once today Cd20 (Nov 21). It looks like I ovulated yesterday (cd19, Nov 20). So I am pretty sure we are good to go.

I feel like we caught the egg. We shall see. I start testing in 9 days.

Good luck Hun ! I'm going to try hard not to test until af is late this month as I drive myself mad with testing early and getting bfns x

I hear ya on that. But I know myself. That is why this time I am waiting until 10dpo. That was when I got my squinter last time. Any earlier is likely pointless.

Annoyingly o had been a day later than I thought it would be so it's kinda messed up the schedule. Hubby's had to go to work today so hoping for one last attempt tonight and we're done.

I genuinely don't think it's a schedule we could do every month, I think it's actually just added more stress to an already stressful process. In both of my prior pregnancies I definitely wasn't dtd every day (neither planned) so I really don't think it's 'necessary', this month I feel like I've done all I can to make it happen so if this doesn't work I'm dropping opks and just going to dtd for a couple of days around suspected o day and hope.

:thumbup:

Annoyingly o had been a day later than I thought it would be so it's kinda messed up the schedule. Hubby's had to go to work today so hoping for one last attempt tonight and we're done.

I genuinely don't think it's a schedule we could do every month, I think it's actually just added more stress to an already stressful process. In both of my prior pregnancies I definitely wasn't dtd every day (neither planned) so I really don't think it's 'necessary', this month I feel like I've done all I can to make it happen so if this doesn't work I'm dropping opks and just going to dtd for a couple of days around suspected o day and hope.

:thumbup:

I'm with you on that Hun, we've only been trying since August and I'm obsessing over when we're dtd, how often, was it the right time, did and e do enough etc ...

Me and Oh keep having silly arguments about it as well if we don't manage to dtd every other day or every day during +opk

I'm praying we've caught the egg this month as it's driving me mad and I know I'm obsessing over it when in reality it's not been very long at all x

And if you do miss one day out and aren't pregnant you feel like it's because you missed that one day... Which is crazy!

This is our seventh cycle since June but I count five, due to timing etc. We will be going for testing in Jan/Feb if no luck but hopefully it won't come to that :dohh:

And if you do miss one day out and aren't pregnant you feel like it's because you missed that one day... Which is crazy!

This is our seventh cycle since June but I count five, due to timing etc. We will be going for testing in Jan/Feb if no luck but hopefully it won't come to that :dohh:

Yep every month I'm analysing what we didn't do and I keep forgetting that you only have such a small chance each month even when you do time things right

Hope you fall before you have to go for tests Hun

I had to with my first - I have polycystic ovaries and wasn't having periods at all when I was trying to conceive him so needed help and once I ovulated it happened really quick

Fast forward nearly 4 years and my periods are regular as clock work now so I stupidly thought I'd fall straight away but it's not happened yet
- I do know in my rational brain it's only been a few months but I still worry in case something else is wrong x

Looks like I may have FINALLY ovulated, hurrah!

I promised hubby that if I fall pregnant this month I won't bother him for sex until next year :haha:

Looks like I may have FINALLY ovulated, hurrah!

I promised hubby that if I fall pregnant this month I won't bother him for sex until next year :haha:

ha ha thats how i feel after I ovulate every month lol

Congrats though ! Lets hope its our month :happydance:

Yay!! Sometimes I think the wait to ovulate is worse than the tww. Lol

Im now 5/6 DPO and im going to try SO hard not to symptom spot like crazy during this TWW

Last month i had every symptom under the sun and a really faint/false positive on a pregnancy test so its going to be hard but i am trying to chill this cycle and not read to much into every little thing

We managed to DTD 3 days before ovulation, day of O and day after. Do you think were covered?? i really wanted to DTD the 2 days after O but OH was too tired grrrrrr ha x

I'm sure you have a really good chance, honestly, i know I'm pot calling the kettle black here but don't stress about it, you can't go back and change it and you are absolutely in with a chance, so try and stay positive and I'll keep fxd for you :thumbup:

I can't say for sure but I'm pretty sure today is O day. I was lucky enough to BD with DH a few times this cycle. I thought we'd miss the egg! I guess I won't know for sure if today is O until tomorrow's temps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->