Due 15th Sept or around

Hey, can I join in too. I'm due 13th sept - although, thinking this baby may come early......or is that wishful thinking??

I actually managed to paint my toe nails and shave my legs the other morning which has been a struggle until now - pretty sure I have dropped?

This pregnancy has gone by faster then I could have ever imagined. I am having a hard time getting out of bed or off the couch. I have to have my husband help me now lol. I feel like I have a 20lbs ball in stomach when I try to roll over at night. I started swimming a few weeks ago which has helped with the other aches and pains for a while anyway.

Hello ladies
Im due on the 17th sep but i have a scan on friday to check my low lying placenta and if its still too low then im booked in for a section on the 11th sep :)

Been feeling so exhausted all of a suddon since yesterday but still feel like i want to do things (been nesting since around 20 weeks lol) going to start painting today lol.
This is my second pregnancy and the time has gone sooo fast, feel like i've only been pregnant a couple of months xxxx

Hi ladies,

Misskat, I think I've dropped too it seems a lot lower but sometimes still gets right up under ribs, so maybe not?

Sunnydaze, swimming sounds good, bet It takes a lot of weight off being in the water, I should of kept up some sort of exercise.

Babyblue, I go next tues to get a date for a section, I'm excited but worried too x

Hi ladies,

Misskat, I think I've dropped too it seems a lot lower but sometimes still gets right up under ribs, so maybe not?

Sunnydaze, swimming sounds good, bet It takes a lot of weight off being in the water, I should of kept up some sort of exercise.

Babyblue, I go next tues to get a date for a section, I'm excited but worried too x

I think you'd be surprised how long the babies actually are. My doctor said my baby's head is SUPER low in the birth canal but I can still feel his feet in my ribs all the time. :)

Susannah, I do think this baby is going to be long!!! It seems to wiggle all over!

Jade, my ds2 second birthday on the 14th! And he came on his due date, good day!

I'm really tired today, hoovered car out last night, everytime I do something like that i need a recovery day:(.

How's everyone else?

13th Sept. Had enough now! Starting my maternity leave next Friday and its REALLY dragging now!!

September 8th here! Can't believe it's so close now, I don't know whether to be nervous or excited? A bit of both I think!

Baby is back to back at the moment so I am trying everything in my power to turn her! Determined to get her to face the right way lol

Hi emmipez, teenmommy, Helen

Can you turn them? I think both of mine were back to back that's why I had problems in labour, although no one officially ever told me this I just listened to the little conversations the mw were having

Can you turn them? I think both of mine were back to back that's why I had problems in labour, although no one officially ever told me this I just listened to the little conversations the mw were having

yeah I've hear back to back labour is not meant to be fun at all! I have been given loads of exercises try and turn her such as...

walking around on all fours for a couple of hours a day
NEVER slouch back in chairs, always lean forwards so bump is hanging down
Sit on birthing ball and then lean arms over the bed or sofa
Swimming on your belly (breast stroke etc)

Pretty much anything which involves your tummy hanging lower than your back!

Also trying really hard to relax my abdominal muscles as the midwife thinks that could be the reason she has made herself so comfy in my back. Years of dance and gymnastics means that I constantly engage my stomach muscles without thinking about it, so I have to keep reminding myself to let it all hang out! lol!

I would give anything to slouch back on my sofa right now, but I don't want to undo all the hard work! :haha:

The midwife should be able to tell you if baby is back to back just by feel, might say in your notes? It's written down in mine.

yeah I've hear back to back labour is not meant to be fun at all! I have been given loads of exercises try and turn her such as...

Also trying really hard to relax my abdominal muscles as the midwife thinks that could be the reason she has made herself so comfy in my back. Years of dance and gymnastics means that I constantly engage my stomach muscles without thinking about it, so I have to keep reminding myself to let it all hang out! lol!

I would give anything to slouch back on my sofa right now, but I don't want to undo all the hard work! :haha:

The midwife should be able to tell you if baby is back to back just by feel, might say in your notes? It's written down in mine.

OMG. Mine is back to back but I haven't been doing anything to try to turn him. Who has time to crawl around on all fours for a few hours a day?? LOL

I could try harder not to slouch though. I have an anterior placenta and he likes to smoosh his face in it so I have a feeling no matter what I do he's going to keep on licking that placenta!

OMG. Mine is back to back but I haven't been doing anything to try to turn him. Who has time to crawl around on all fours for a few hours a day?? LOL

I could try harder not to slouch though. I have an anterior placenta and he likes to smoosh his face in it so I have a feeling no matter what I do he's going to keep on licking that placenta!

:rofl: tell me about it! There's no way I could manage to do it for that long, I can just about do 10 minutes at a time, once or twice a day. I just try to go on all fours on the bed and watch TV instead... must look like a right wally!!

Hmmm I have an anterior placenta too, I wonder if that makes baby more likely to go back to back? Interesting!

I have anterior placenta too, I've never been told the position before and I've felt ALOT less movement this time and don't feel anything centrally it's all either really high sides or very low so I'm assuming my previous ones wernt anterior x

Silly question but how do you know if your baby is back to back?? I have an anterior placenta too and have had a hard time baby mapping to any extent. The only giveaway is when he has hiccups...they are low down so I know he is head down!

Silly question but how do you know if your baby is back to back?? I have an anterior placenta too and have had a hard time baby mapping to any extent. The only giveaway is when he has hiccups...they are low down so I know he is head down!

It's not silly! My first clue was when my OB was trying to listen to the HB with the doppler. She had to almost point the wand near my back in order to hear it. She said "I'm guessing he's back to back."

Then a few weeks later I had an elective 3D U/S and it was confirmed then that he was back-to-back. I haven't had any scans in three weeks but my OB thinks he has not moved yet. I agree with her because I can feel his knees/elbows popping out through my tummy every day. I don't think I'd be able to feel that if he was facing the other way. :flower:

I know it's head down because of hiccups too!!! Although last mw appointment she confirmed it was head down, I've never been told which way its facing though x

It's not silly! My first clue was when my OB was trying to listen to the HB with the doppler. She had to almost point the wand near my back in order to hear it. She said "I'm guessing he's back to back."

Then a few weeks later I had an elective 3D U/S and it was confirmed then that he was back-to-back. I haven't had any scans in three weeks but my OB thinks he has not moved yet. I agree with her because I can feel his knees/elbows popping out through my tummy every day. I don't think I'd be able to feel that if he was facing the other way. :flower:

Oooh, now I get it! I wonder if they'll offer me an US at my next appointment...I know they are suppose to check for babies position at 36 weeks. Hope your baby turns Susannah!

I know it's head down because of hiccups too!!! Although last mw appointment she confirmed it was head down, I've never been told which way its facing though x

At least we have something to go on!:haha: I was always waiting for that fabulous moment when I would see a foot push through my stomach. Thanks to my heftily padded placenta I don't think that's going to happen!

Hi ladies, my due date is the 24th Sept but my c-section is planned for the 6th. Getting very nervous, only 22 days to go. Its my 4th c-section, I had a mw app yesturday and she said I am at risk of uterine rupture so I feel nervous all the time. I am just feeling so frightenend this time around Just want to get through it, get my beautiful baby and be able to raise my little children. i have been getting lots of aches and pains this time round due to having had gall bladder surgery before getting pregnant. the area they have taken my gall bladder from really hurts.

In regards to back labour, back labour is very uncomfortable but I cannot compare because I have not had normal labour. When I had my firts two babies I just had to either sit and push my back when I had contractions in my back or really get my husband to press on my back hard in order to feel some comfort.

Wish you ladies the best of luck. Hopefully we will get through this tough time :hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->