Due 15th Sept or around

Hi, how is everyone?! Congrats to those who have had their babies since I last checked in!

Wanting, Arabella is so cute - bless her!!

Sorry I haven't been here in a while, I have been so busy with Chloe that I haven't been able to find the time! She is getting much better at sleeping though and feeds are getting further apart so mummy can finally catch up on some sleep!

I have been in awful pain since the birth "down there", by day 5 pp I couldn't even walk up or stand without being in absolute agony, then I started to suffer with terrible night sweats and just feeling generally rubbish - I was in tears every day! Kept hearing the usual "oh it's normal, you've just given birth" but in the end I decided to go and see the GP as there was no way that this pain was "normal". I was right to go, as turns out the labial graze I sustained during childbirth had become very badly infected and if I had left it any longer there is a good chance I would have been hospitalised!!

TMI, but I had been getting a lot of yellowish discharge which I just assumed must have been the norm after the birth, turns out it was pus seeping from my wounds - YUCK!!!

I am on two sets of antibiotics now to clear up the infection, SO relieved that things are finally getting sorted and I'm already starting to feel the difference after a couple of days on them.

The only thing that sucks is that the antibiotics are upsetting poor Chloe's tummy :( I feel so guilty taking them, but I know that I need to get better so that I can look after her properly.

Sorry for rambling on! Moral of the story is; no matter how many people tell you something is "normal", if you don't feel right in yourself then go and get it checked lol!

Here is a little photo of Chloe...

Chloe is such a cutie! hope you get better soon :flower:

all you ladies waiting to go into labour I hope you dont have to wait much longer :hugs:

Am I seriously the only one who was due in Sept that hasnt had their baby yet. *cry*

Awwwww número huge congrats Hun, fabulous news. Have you named him? How much did he weigh? Hope the birth was ok xxxxx

Hiya ladies, hope you ladies are all ok, haven't been on for a while.
Congratulations helen and Numero_uno on the birth of your little babies. best of luck 17thy, not long to go. what number baby is this for you?

Hi ladies, sorry I haven'tlooked at the group lately. How are you all? Have all the babies arrived? When I go on the pc I'll try look about see if I can see anything on our babies still to arrive and update the page then move us to a more appropriate place.

I've got drs today.....when my breats were engorged I noticed a lump and I thought I'd let my boobs go back to normal see if it was just a blocked duct and went but it's still there although it has got smaller Over the last few days. Very nervous, I don't know if they just send you for a mamagram sp? Or they dr assess whether it's needed or not??? Guess I'll find out at 3.40 :(

Hi ladies, sorry I haven'tlooked at the group lately. How are you all? Have all the babies arrived? When I go on the pc I'll try look about see if I can see anything on our babies still to arrive and update the page then move us to a more appropriate place.

I've got drs today.....when my breats were engorged I noticed a lump and I thought I'd let my boobs go back to normal see if it was just a blocked duct and went but it's still there although it has got smaller Over the last few days. Very nervous, I don't know if they just send you for a mamagram sp? Or they dr assess whether it's needed or not??? Guess I'll find out at 3.40 :(
Yikes that is scary! I hope everything turns out to be okay with you.

Hope you are ok wanting. when I was breastfeeding my last baby I had a lump in my armpit area, I also got worried but when I got checked out, it was nothing, It was just swelling in one of my milk ducts. Hopefully it will be ok xx

Dr couldn't feel anything, she think it's just hormonal and general lumpiness is common. She's going to see me again in 3 weeks. I can still feel it though, so I guess I'll see if there's any change in 3 weeks and see what she says then. X

I hope it is nothing. I wonder why she couldn't feel it but you can. Keep a close eye on it okay.

Apologies for not being on here as much either! I guess like the rest of you life has been busy and I rarely get a moment of down time.

Wanting, glad to hear that everything appears to be fine. I've been told by my doctor in the past that any lump that is something to worry about would be rock hard and not just "lumpy". The possibility of a blocked duck sounds quite possible and is definitely not uncommon when bf'ing.

So I am just looking at some of our tickers and they say a month old...so hard to believe that it has gone so fast.

It's flying by already isn't it, got LO weighed on tues and she's 9lb12 already!!! From 6lb12

My LO was 11lbs!!! I knew he was getting bigger I thought maybe 9lbs but not 11 lol. He did start at 8lbs 5oz though so I guess it isn't to dramatic of an increase.

I can't believe it's been over a month either!

Sunnydaze, sounds like your LO is gaining beautifully! Always reassuring for a mama :)

I find I'm already getting nostalgic over my little boys birth. In fact, I never used to be a fan of hospitals but every time I pass it now (we live just down the street so I see it often...) I get this wistful feeling and think of it as the best place on Earth as I first laid eyes on my baby there :cloud9:

I can't believe it's been over a month either!

Sunnydaze, sounds like your LO is gaining beautifully! Always reassuring for a mama :)

I find I'm already getting nostalgic over my little boys birth. In fact, I never used to be a fan of hospitals but every time I pass it now (we live just don't the street so I see it often...) I get this wistful feeling and think of it as the best place on Earth as I first laid eyes on my baby there :cloud9:
Paris, I am the same way. I think back and suddenly the pain wasn't that bad and it was the most amazing experience ever. I actually got a little sad when I had my last midwife appointment knowing that I wasn't going to be going back there until I have another one. I kinda just want to hang out in the maternity area of the hospital LOL!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->