Due around August 20th!

I had my first jack ass comment.. This girl I know wrote on my FB picture which is me showing off my 20 week bump "Wow, you look so prego but in a good way." Kinda want to slap her. To me that's like saying, wow you look so huge but in a good way. :growlmad:

I want to be your Facebook friend!

We should start an August Mommies closed Facebook group! Would you all join?

I would too!

Hi Dillia! :flower:

Ah I won't join the FB group. I am too paranoid of a glitch or something that might reveal things to people! :haha:

Just wanted to pop in and let you know that we finally had our anomaly scan completed this week. Baby is no longer measuring small and is back on track. Thank goodness because I failed my glucose test and there was concern about why baby suddenly fell behind. Being bombarded with appointments to deal with the GD now. Stupid GD :nope: I did everything I could to avoid it, was eating well, etc. In fact, 2 weeks ago, I couldn't get my sugar to stay in the normal range as it kept going too low! Argh! :growlmad:

Anywho...

We're having a boy!!!

:happydance:

Yay! I was right :haha:

Nela - Yay for everything being ok!!! and congratulations on having a boy!!!!

As for facebook, I would join too. I very rarely put anything on facebook on the news feed, definitely have not put anything about being pregnant on there as all the people I want to know I have seen and they know. Anyone else on there tends to be aquaintances or old school friends who you dont really see and, well, I dont really want it going that public!!!

Anyway, im on facebook all the time as I use it predominantly for the groups that I am part of. The groups have different options and if you dont want anyone to even see that you are part of a group then you are best off setting it as a secret rather than closed group, as closed groups can be searched for etc whereas secret groups are pretty much invisible to the wider facebook community unless you are invited to join. Just a thought in case that gives some comfort to those worried about things xxx

Oh wow! My math was waaaaay off!! I thought it was 26weeks and some odd days when we went into third...

Welcome to the group!! Did you find out theses of your baby? Or waiting?

Haha. Good ol Facebook comments! I have it put up any for that reason, really do not care to hear people's comments. A girlfriend of mine got soo many of the, "wow! You are getting huge!" Then another friend looked perfect throughout her entire pregnancy almost to the annoying point!! Haha Comments and I really do not wanna deal with that!! But I would for sure join a group!!

Congrats on your boy! Funny how our gut feelings are right so much of the time!!

Hi Dillia! :flower:

Ah I won't join the FB group. I am too paranoid of a glitch or something that might reveal things to people! :haha:

Just wanted to pop in and let you know that we finally had our anomaly scan completed this week. Baby is no longer measuring small and is back on track. Thank goodness because I failed my glucose test and there was concern about why baby suddenly fell behind. Being bombarded with appointments to deal with the GD now. Stupid GD :nope: I did everything I could to avoid it, was eating well, etc. In fact, 2 weeks ago, I couldn't get my sugar to stay in the normal range as it kept going too low! Argh! :growlmad:

Anywho...

We're having a boy!!!

:happydance:

Yay! I was right :haha:

Aww, sorry about the GD failure. My doctor told me with #3 that if you fail it while pregnant, it usually means that sometime down the road you COULD develop diabetes without being pregnant. I hope and pray that doesn't happen to you. I was having the crashes early on and when they did the test, about 11 weeks, the lab cutoff was 130, my result was 127, so in June I have to repeat and the doctor thinks it's a high probability that I will fail the 1 hour test. UGH! Will keep prayers and such going.

Nela - Congrats on a boy! Glad all is well with the baby! Sorry about the GD, that sucks!

Thank you ladies. We are over the moon! It's really making it real now. I was quite guarded as I knew pregnancy would be very difficult for me so I was very much afraid of not making it to this point. In fact, I had been told I probably would have a difficult time conceiving at all! LOL.

As for the GD, I'm not surprised at all but I am very frustrated. I was at very high risk to begin with because my entire family has it and I am overweight. Add to that that I have a serious glitch with my nervous system that means that all my autonomic functions (sugar, temperature, heart rate, blood pressure, etc.) are screwed up and it was pretty much a given. Because I have so many bouts of hypoglycemia, I've been on a proper glucose diet for a few years now and am already used to monitoring it so I was really hoping that would be enough to avoid it, especially this early on. I'm really not sure how much more I can do diet wise, so that is the part that worries me as I am terrified of taking insulin if I already have so many hypoglycemic episodes. It's just crazy :wacko: I have my appointments at the hospital for it tomorrow though so, hopefully, I'll have a better idea of where to go from here. Meanwhile, I am ever so grateful to have the healthcare here. My medical team has been absolutely superb and that is a lot for someone terrified of doctors :haha: To be honest though, as much as I absolutely looove feeling my lil one moving about, I cannot wait until he is here in my arms safe and sound!

I bet that is a common sentiment too though! :haha:

As for Facebook, I've been very lucky so far. I made it clear from the start that I would pick and choose the updates to give and that I didn't want to hear everyone's opinions. I told them that this was something for my OH and I to go through together while sharing the fun bits with the rest. Hehehe. So far, people have been amazingly understanding. However, I have given them very little info. We are keeping the sex, name, and most of the medical aspects quiet. That helps to keep people off our case. :haha:

Edited
Please read the forum rules

When using BabyandBump, be polite, do not break the law, and do not use The Web Site for self-publicity or advertising.
You may not link to third party forums, chatrooms, competing pregnancy/parenting resources, competing groups/pages or unapproved social networking Web Sites (Example: Formspring.me. The only approved sites at this time for personal pages only are: Facebook, Twitter, Bebo, YouTube, Myspace).

Holy yum. I made the most scrumptious sandwich for lunch and I am still thinking about it hahaha. I microwaved a whole egg with baby spinach on top for a minute and 20 seconds, then I sliced up half a Roma tomato and put it all on top of toasted whole grain bread with a little olive oil mayonnaise to make sure the sandwich wasn't too dry. Pretty sure the baby is going to love those nutrients! Thank God that is my lunch plan for the rest of the week, I am already looking forward to tomorrow, lol.

Yum Yum, you're making me hungry when I should be going to sleep not thinking about food, he he!

Hehe sorry!! I already told my husband I'm making it for dinner too. LOL. I can't get it off my mind!

that sounds delish! (minus the tomatoes!) what could I sub them for? avocado? ohhh yeah! thanks for the idea!

and only two of you have sent me messages for the facebook group:)

Is it August yet? :haha: I don't mean to sound whiny but oh heck, I am very whiny and am pretty much done at this point. Can't wait til this kiddo is here so I can have my body back and not deal with all the complications! :cry: That sandwich is making me soooo hungry but I have to stay away from bread at the moment. :haha: Thinking of making my omelet with marinated veggies now... That should be alright. Lol. :haha:

Im afraid its a little way to go untill August yet!!! Just have to hang on in there xxx

Hello ladies, how are you all doing? Had a nice weekend? We had lovely weather here. So, what are your plans for the week?

We received the clothes we ordered from Tesco last Friday! Woot, I am so thrilled. We got like 50 items for 110! Yeeeeaaaahaaaaa! :happydance: It's all so adorable too! I think we have a lot of basics covered for now so I am quite happy. Our highchair and bedding is on the way as well. With all of the medical stuff we've had to deal with, we thought a lil fun shopping was a good way to bring our focus back on the baby rather than on the medical. :haha:

We did a lot of cleaning in the house this weekend. My OH has been amazing and has really stepped it up recently. My oh my! Because the house was in a nice state and we wanted to see her, we decided to invite OH's mum over for dinner. Hehehe. No stress, easy and yummy dinner... She also told us that if it was ok with us, she would like to give us the pushchair as a gift. I'm glad we went for something cheap :haha: Hopefully, she will like it when it gets here.

I was supposed to call my diabetes nurse today to discuss my glucose readings but I made a mistake with the times. :dohh: I tried to email her but it's not going through so I will have to contact her on Wednesday then. This week, I have to sort out 2 rooms upstairs as we are having a company rep stop by to measure for the extension we want to put in. That is feeling a little overwhelming at the moment. It doesn't help that my puppy has been running after me with sad, sad 'Mommy help me' eyes... He's feeling poorly today. I only have until Wednesday though so I think I will put him in his basket with a warm bag on his belly and take him upstairs while I work. I should hear back from my neurologist on Thursday to find out what (if anything) can be done for my migraines. Hopefully, they will have decided against the MRI. Friday, we have another ultrasound and appointment with my OB/GYN. Hopefully, baby will be measuring right on target again. Then, for the weekend, the plan is to work on the garden and get it all clean and planted for the spring and summer. :happydance:

Wow..now thats busy!!! You mustnt have time to think! he he. Its exciting getting baby stuff isnt it? My nan wanted to get something for the baby but seeing as my mum gave us my brothers old cot and some friend gave us a pushchair/pram/car seat set and I had already seen a really super cute baby bouncer chair thing, there wasnt much left. However, they have decided to get a baby activity playmat/gym thing. Its nice that they are getting excited :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->