Due around August 20th!

exciting!!!

We wont be buying anything because its another boy and we have just about everything we need. The only item that I would like to have this time what we didnt have with my son is a co-sleeper that we can put next to our bed. We used the pack n play last time but it was so big and bulky it made it really difficult to get in and out of bed!

Oh cool! Do you know which you want? I bought one off of amazon, and I am so excited to use it. It attaches to the bed and everything.

Awesome news ladies! What are we at for the group now? Two boys, two girls and two yellow's?

I've lost track of how many of each we have!
We have only just started buying things yesterday. We were lucky enough to be given a cot and car seat/pram/pushchair combo thing by friends so the big things are already sorted! Did go and choose nursery bedding though which was exciting.

runnergrl, I got this one https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00198F1X8/ref=oh_details_o01_s01_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 It's the Arm's Reach Co-Sleeper

thank you! That is exactly what I want!!

I was looking at one just like that from Target!

Congrats to everyone on your scans. I am glad they went well. I bet you are all over the moon with your lil blue/pink/yellow bundles. :flower:

We had our 1st 20 week scan on March 29th. Baby was difficult so we were called in for a 2nd scan and unable to guess at gender. We had our 2nd scan yesterday. Again, baby was being difficult and we are being referred to the hospital for another go. Sonographer did get a good shot and said it looks like a boy to her, as it did to me. We have our next scan next Thursday so I'll be able to confirm then...

What could be seen on the anomaly scan was looking great so far. The main concern now is that baby is suddenly measuring small and my health has been decreasing so they are staying on top of that now. I have an appointment every week this month for various reasons. Sure keeps us busy! :haha:

We started buying now as the furniture could have taken an easy 12-16 weeks. We bought the baby's bedroom furniture, moses basket, car seat, and pre-ordered the pushchair as well. :happydance: Trying not to go crazy nor too fast with the shopping but things are starting to move quickly now so I would prefer to start slowly. Has anyone already started on the baby room?

Have a great Friday everyone :flower:

well, we wont have much to do since baby will be sharing a room with us for a few months. We hope to be in a house, and out of the apartment by the end of the year (before Christmas). He will wear all of my son's old clothes and will sleep in either a bassinet or co-sleeper in our room and spend his days either on me in a sling or carrier and swing or bouncer. Ill be excited to do the boy's rooms in our new house once we find one and get all settled in:)

I'm the same as runnergrl, baby will be sleeping with us for awhile and we are hoping to buy a house by the beginning of next year. Right now we have a room to put all the babies stuff in, but I'm not planning on really decorating it since we're renting this house and we don't want to live here too much longer.

We have a baby room but like most of you its mainly for the baby stuff at the moment as baby willalso be in with us to begin.

We arent really decorating as the room is already neutral. Will probably just get some stickers for the wall to match the bedding. Thinking about these which looked quite cute xx

Well, I have a bassinet by the bed and that can move to the living room with me during the day. Won't set up the crib until the baby is too big for the bassinet and when we do, it will be in dd's bedroom since we own a 2 bedroom single wide mobile home. Don't see any point in getting a mortgage or renting a bigger place when we own this one outright. LOL

well, we wont have much to do since baby will be sharing a room with us for a few months. We hope to be in a house, and out of the apartment by the end of the year (before Christmas). He will wear all of my son's old clothes and will sleep in either a bassinet or co-sleeper in our room and spend his days either on me in a sling or carrier and swing or bouncer. Ill be excited to do the boy's rooms in our new house once we find one and get all settled in:)

Aww sounds good! Nice that you already have most of what you need already too! Are you already actively looking? I wish you the best with your house search! What an awesome Christmas gift that would be! :flower:

I'm the same as runnergrl, baby will be sleeping with us for awhile and we are hoping to buy a house by the beginning of next year. Right now we have a room to put all the babies stuff in, but I'm not planning on really decorating it since we're renting this house and we don't want to live here too much longer.

Yeah, I can see why you wouldn't want to put too into a place that you are wanting to leave! I also wish you all the best with your house search! I really hope you'll find something great. :flower:

We have a baby room but like most of you its mainly for the baby stuff at the moment as baby willalso be in with us to begin.

We arent really decorating as the room is already neutral. Will probably just get some stickers for the wall to match the bedding. Thinking about these which looked quite cute xx

We'll also have baby with us at the beginning but we decided to get the room done (as we have to do a lot) before baby is here otherwise we might just be too exhausted! :haha: The room is BRIGHT yellow and we'll probably put the roof/window (have no idea what to call it) extension in. I admit, if the color was already a neutral, I might not be so enthusiastic about putting in the extension. Lol. We're also looking into stickers! We found some at a store here. Bloody expensive but the Mr. and I are totally smitten with them! Those are absolutely adorable though and quite similar in style to what we are looking at! :flower:

Well, I have a bassinet by the bed and that can move to the living room with me during the day. Won't set up the crib until the baby is too big for the bassinet and when we do, it will be in dd's bedroom since we own a 2 bedroom single wide mobile home. Don't see any point in getting a mortgage or renting a bigger place when we own this one outright. LOL

Hehehe well can't blame you there. If it works! No reason to change it right? I shared a bedroom with my younger sister back in the day. I used to climb into the crib to help her fall asleep. :haha:

Hey ladies!! Uggghh, we are in the same boat as all of you! Hubby owned a house when we first met but it was about 45 minutes away from my work (and his) and like an hour and a half away from my parents house so we rented it out for awhile. (I loved the house, but the drive was just too much) And rented ever since and the house has since been sold. Getting pregnant happened WAY sooner than we thought and we have been looking for a bigger house to buy before baby comes, but our lease is up end of May and I just do not think we are going to be able to find a house and get into it in two months! (even though hubby has been working with a mortgage broker and thinks we will be able to find something in two months..he is crazy) We went and looked at a really really nice apartment this weekend so I think we might just do that for a year. Signing a month to month lease almost doubles the rent! And I do not want to do that and have it take us a year to find a house we love. Happy house hunting to all of you!!

Other than house hunting how is everyone doing? I have been feeling a TON of kicks and movements lately! My sister got to feel one yesterday! Hubby felt a bunch last night. It was pretty awesome! Are you ladies feeling a lot of movements yet?

Movements are picking up quite a bit, yes and I am LOVING it! I cant wait to be able to see body parts sticking out of the tummy! <3

I know! I love it! I just lay in bed with my hand on my belly!

SMGP, it makes sense to rent for a year if you feel the pressure to find a house in such little time is too much. You want a home, not just a house. A good home is invaluable! On the other hand, the money you will put towards rent for a year could be put on your house so it's a tough one. I guess if I were you, I would look just in case... It's tough of course. Moving is tedious! However, it sounds like you want to move one way or another, correct? If your main bedroom would be big enough, it could double up as your bedroom and baby's? Wouldn't have to make everything fancy and finished right away, especially if you find a move-in ready home. I wish you the best of luck with it all! :flower:

Baby is moving like mad here too. I can picture baby doing somersaults in there! :haha: I still feel like a lava lamp! I'm getting proper kicks since about 18 weeks too so that's fun. They only get stronger with time. It's fun. :happydance:

I have my 3rd 20 week scan on Thursday. Hopefully, baby will behave then and let us see what we need to see. :haha:

Meanwhile, this is what I look like today:

https://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab238/NelaBunneh/Lil%20Bun/DSC00632.jpg

https://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab238/NelaBunneh/Lil%20Bun/DSC00662.jpg

Are any of you girls feeling huge yet? :haha:

Thank you Nela! I hope so too. Such a cute bump you've got! About being huge, absolutely! Friends keep taking awful pics with me and I look SO huge.. It was bringing me down a bit.

I don't have consistent movement yet but maybe a couple times a day here and there I feel movement, although on Saturday I felt movement and I definitely saw some movement. DH ran over to check it out, but of course baby stopped. I reaallyyy want baby to move more, I will love when DH can feel movement or see movement.

Wow, we've been busy ladies!!!!

Glad everyone all ok.

I have my scan tomorrow, can't wait!

How did it go Jazzy lady?

I dont feel that huge yet, but there is plenty of time for that :winkwink:. I was speaking to a friend yesterday, who I know got huge really early on, and she said she put on 6 stone in total!!! Yes six stone!!! Geeze! She did say she just ate all the time, had no sickness etc and simply kept eating. What is the average ammount we can expect to put on? I lost half a stone with morning sickness, but thats all back now and overall have put on 5lb which doesnt seem very much considering we are half way. I cant understand where it all is?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->