Due around August 20th!

I think the average is somewhere around 30-40lbs? I could be wrong... I know I put on 27lbs with my son, but he was early so i am sure I would have gone over 30 had he come on time! LOL!

I'm pretty sure baby is having a growth spurt. I am starving today! Ate cereal like normal for breakfast, then lunch I had leftover oatmeal bake that I had made for dinner yesterday, then an hour after that I had some pudding, THEN 2 hours after that I had 2 pieces of toast and some strawberries.

^^ I eat like that every day :haha: only difference is, by noon I have usually had some chocolate;)

I definitely have the munchies today. Its not lunchtime yet and I've eaten my cereal, 3 slices of malt load, a bag of dried mango after a spontaneous craving on the way to work, and a chocolate bar. All before 11am!

Had my 20 weeks scan and she's measuring right on schedule, has all fingers and toes, not to mention the appendages they are attached to. He said the cord looked great, no signs of cleft palate or anything. Heart and brain were in the right spots and growing and working as they should, etc. Of course, she kicked through the whole thing then played bashful and wouldn't let them get a clear shot of her face, the turd. LOL Allergies are kicking my butt and the usual aches of the late 3rd trimester and rearing their ugly heads a few weeks too early. Oh well, just means that dh will HAVE to start doing things around THIS house instead of all over the county. LOL

wow- youre already in late 3rd tri? you are amazing! :rofl:

So glad to hear everyone's scans are going well! I cannot believe in what....four weeks....? We will be in 3rd trimester! Seems unreal!

I think everyone is so different when it comes to weight gain. My girlfriend has three boys and gained over 40lbs with each one, but with all three she lost it RIGHT AWAY and is skinnier than I am before I got pregnant and she never worked out or anything. Some people are just blessed with those good genes! At my 20 week appointment I had gained 8 lbs and they said average for 20 weeks is about 10 so I am satisfied with that. I haven't really been eating more than usual. I actually feel like I get fuller faster now...maybe cause my stomach is so squished! I wouldn't worry about weight gain or lack or it unless your doctor says something to you about it.

Caught the lil bugger kicking on video, it was hilarious seeing friends at work reactions when I showed them.

How do you all handle people touching your belly? With friends I do not mind AT ALL, but there are a few people at work that do it and it makes me feel weird, but I do not want to be rude!

no- 27 weeks marks 3rd trimester, so we have another 6 weeks-ish :thumbup: No one really rubs my belly, so i dont know how to answer this.. I think I might freak out if someone unwanted-ly touched or rubbed my stomach! I think I am a bit intimidating to begin with anyway:haha:

I can't stand it if people touch my tummy uninvited. I think its plain rude! One lady at work came up and put one hand on my tummy and on on my back and rubbed it stating how cute and cuddly it is. Goodness me I nearly had a fit! I'm sure she would if I did the same to her tummy stating how cuddly she is!

I am not a touchy feely person at all, even when people give me hugs I am kinda like "Ehh." Ha ha! I'm SO glad people really aren't rubbing my belly yet. I might karate chop them. I read somewhere how this pregnant woman would just touch peoples stomachs back every time they touched her bump. Thought that was HILARIOUS!

Question for you ladies, my husband wants to make this recipe- it's a spicy rum pulled pork sandwich and I am a bit hesitant. The recipe calls for 1/2 cup of rum (Sailor Jerrys which is our absolute favoriteeee rum but its super strong, 90 proof) and you soak the pork inside the crockpot with the marinade that includes the rum for 5-6 hours on low.. Would that even kill off the pulled pork? I don't think it would.

Can I join? I know I am a bit late to the party but I am due August 23rd and would love a group to chat with :)

I had my first jack ass comment.. This girl I know wrote on my FB picture which is me showing off my 20 week bump "Wow, you look so prego but in a good way." Kinda want to slap her. To me that's like saying, wow you look so huge but in a good way. :growlmad:

Ugh how annoying! People can be so rude! I had a friend who posted her belly pic and someone commented on it saying - yeah, that is not a bump, it is just you, nice try! I couldn't believe someone could be so rude! I actually haven't posted any pics on facebook because I didn't want to hear comments cuz I knew I would get too upset!

I had my first jack ass comment.. This girl I know wrote on my FB picture which is me showing off my 20 week bump "Wow, you look so prego but in a good way." Kinda want to slap her. To me that's like saying, wow you look so huge but in a good way. :growlmad:

I want to be your Facebook friend!

We should start an August Mommies closed Facebook group! Would you all join?

I want to be your Facebook friend!

We should start an August Mommies closed Facebook group! Would you all join?

Sounds good to me. Not sure if you can find me or not but I will pm my info

I would definitely join!! I have my settings set to where you can only find me if we have a mutual friend on Facebook, so PM me and I'll try to find you or anyone else who wants to be FB friends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->