Due date confusion or worse?

xXHXx

Me - mom to be
Reaction score
Hi all.

At my dating scan and subsequent visits to my midwife, I was initially told my babygirl was due 16th June. However, on Wednesday I went for a rountine check-up with my midwife, as you do. She measured babba, quite a few times actually, and informed us that she is too big for 32 weeks gestation. She thinks the hospital have miss calculated my due date.

However, I've been reading up on the internet about "big babies" (what they call macrosomic babies) and a few things have frightened me. Macrosomic babies could relate to diabetes, but I am not aware that I am diabetic. Having said that, I have had my blood glucose level checked 3 times in 2 years due to not feeling well and passing out at work due to a low BM (blood sugar) reading. Also, something called cytomegalovirus, which I discovered is a member of the herpes family, can contribute to polhydramnios (too much amniotic fluid) which could also be why my midwife measured babba as too big. So now I am petrified that I am either diabetic or have contracted herpes! My partner has none of these either, but I'm worried. What if I have passed something to my babba? I'd never forgive myself. I keep telling myself that all my antibodie blood tests came back negative, but what if they missed something?!?!?!?! My partner did have a nasty ex, who slept around ALOT behind his back, what if she passed it to him, and him to me without our knowing????

Anyway, the point of this thread (rather long I know ..... sowie) was to ask if anyone knows how many women have their due dates calculated wrong? And to get my worries off my chest too :cry:

Thanks girls and good luck with new babies and pregnancies xx

Hun you can get diabates while being pregnant. Even though you tested before pregnancy your pregnancy itself can cause gestational diabates. I hope they test you. I have diabates and thankfully my son is not affected by my sugars. I dont have gestation but I found out I do have type 2. At your ultrasound how big did he measure? And what week..

As for your bloods im sure all is well.

Mine is the oppersite they always try put my dates bk and its not that they need putting back its that i only have small babies ...you may just be havin a large baby x

my baby is always measuring large too, even though it's not physically possible as i got pregnant virtually the day i moved here and wasn't near OH for a few months before that... did they do an original dating scan? my Dr. told me that the earlier ones are more accurate to actual age, and the later ones are more for size.

I would ask to be tested for gestation diabetes... good luck!

What week does your MW think you are measuring??

Did you have a dating scan as they are quite accurate? Was she just measuring bump if so thats not very reliable, and if she was did they write in your notes how many cm's you are?

I was worried that I had gestational diabetes in my last trimester, because 1st and 2nd tri me and baby were both following 50th centile and the babys ab circ shot up to 90th centile and he was gaining weight really quickly, but they said everything was fine and not to worry. Hes here now and hes fine and healthy, so dont worry about it too much and just speak to your midwife and ask for tests if your really concerned.
x

Wow slow down hun I think you have gotten way too carried away with self-diagnosis and by the sounds of it worried yourself silly!! how far out does the mw think you are? ive read on these boards quite a few times people measuring 4 weeks out with big/little babies it just the natural variations of being human! if you had your bloods taken at 28 weeks they should have picked up if you had diabetes, I'd stay away from google in the meantime a big baby meaning you have herpes is a massive assumption to make! my first baby i was told at least 10lb's and she was 8 and 1/2 so just from feeling your tummy is not that accurate, good luck hun i'm sure everything will be fine :hugs: xxx

Don't google!!!!!

I think your midwife is scaring you, unless you are measuring something stupid like 10cms ahead then the scan will be right and you will be what they dated you at, and the m/w can NOT tell the size of the baby accuratly by feeling it or by measuring you - it's all a very rough guide.

If she is that worreid she should refer you for a 36 week scan.

Also when she tests your urine every time if you had diabetes it would probably showe up as gucose or protein.

I wouldnt be worrying.:hug:

ps I am measuring 4 weeks ahead but I'm not overly worried.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->