• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Due date is 3 weeks away and can’t find a name!!!

Kay_

Reaction score
Ugh, my due date is just 3 weeks away and I’m still struggling to find a name for my baby girl. Is anyone else in the same boat or have been before? I wanted her to have an “A” name but cannot find any good ones, does anyone have suggestions?

I didn't have a name when I had daughter. My water broke 5 weeks early and she was born the next day, and I hadn't yet decided on a name. I was so tired and over it all (trying to figure out a name) once I had her, I just went with the last name I had been thinking of. I actually hated it for the first year of her life and thought about changing it many times. I didn't and now I'm glad I didn't bc it fits her. I'm still not crazy about the name itself, but I can't image her as anyone else. I think that's the way it goes with most names, tbh. Kids just seem to grow in to their names. Good luck. It's just so stressful when trying to name a person.

Sometimes you need to see the baby to see what name works. Don’t worry, it’ll come!

I really like Aria or Arabella as an A name.

We have a couple of names that we like but we haven’t made a definite decision on it yet. We’re going to wait until she’s born to see what she looks like although I think we are leaning towards one of our choices more than the other.

Think about what kind of things you like in your life or a time that has had influence? I am expecting a summer baby and we live on a smallholding surrounded by nature so have used both those to come up with a shortlist of summery and nature based (Welsh) names. Also this is a rainbow baby. We like Ffion Haf (Foxglove Summer) and Lowri Enfys (Laurel Rainbow) for girls. Maybe you can find inspiration in your life or around conception or birth?

Both my girls didn’t have a name until they were 2 days old ! We just couldn’t decide !

Do you have any names at all you like ?

Both my girls didn’t have a name until they were 2 days old ! We just couldn’t decide !

Do you have any names at all you like ?
I did have a few names that I shared with family and they didn't like them so now I'm just feeling a bit discouraged. Spouse isn't being too helpful with names at the moment, i feel like he'll join in a little more once he realizes that she's actually here and doesn't have a name yet *rolls eyes*

Oh gosh !! I hate that when family /friends put you off names ! Why didn’t they like them?!

What were the names ! I’m intrigued if you don’t mind saying of course ! x

Oh gosh !! I hate that when family /friends put you off names ! Why didn’t they like them?!

What were the names ! I’m intrigued if you don’t mind saying of course ! x
Well, since spouse wanted A names (which isn't that many nice ones out there), I had down a few names like Aniyah (ah-ny-ah), arianna, ariella... The one I liked the most was Aniyah but now I'm not sure about it anymore. I just wanna give up on the whole name thing lol..

My friends little girl is called Aniyah , not one you hear often either . I love it !

Any reason why he wants her name to start with A ? X

Both of our kids didn’t have names until a day or 2 after they were born. However we did have it narrowed down to a handful to pick from. Our daughters name is Ainslie. :)

My friends little girl is called Aniyah , not one you hear often either . I love it !

Any reason why he wants her name to start with A ? X
I think maybe it’s because his name starts with an A? Lol I’m thinking of keeping the name Aniyah on my list and adding other names that don’t start with an A so at least I have other options and won’t stress as much

Both of our kids didn’t have names until a day or 2 after they were born. However we did have it narrowed down to a handful to pick from. Our daughters name is Ainslie. :)
Yea, I’ve been reading other posts from different people online and I guess I won’t feel so bad if she doesn’t have a name for the first day or two since I’m not the only person ..it’s so crazy because I have gotten literally everything set and ready BUT the name lol

Our son didn’t have a name for the first few days, we had two names but couldn’t decide which was 1st and which was middle. Never discuss names with anybody else other than your other half, people will put you off names they don’t like, and it’s nothing to do with them!!
Adelaide?
Aimee?
Alice?
Athena?
Ava?

I agree. The times I have shared name ideas, people have shared their unwanted opinion. Once the baby is born and you share the name, people are usually smart enough to keep their mouth shut.

We named our son at two days old. It's okay to take your time and see if it fits them.

Urgh hate unwanted opinions everyone has one moreso when you are pregnant !

Mine and the girls names end in A . Just worked out that way but if this baby was a girl she would have also had a name ending in A ( why stop the unexpected trend) everyone had an opinion or didn’t like our suggestions !

I think it’s sweet he wants her to have the same initials as him !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->