Due date question

bookworm0901

Reaction score
So I have two little ones and during their pregnancies, I had pretty average cycles of 28-30 days and all the math worked out.

This time, my cycle has been avg. of 33 days long. I know, not super long but its throwing off my numbers.

My LMP was july 15. My AF was due yesterday and I tested and got a BFP. I have been assuming I'm about 4+1 (because the day AF is due is about 4 weeks along) but based on my LMP, online calculators have me at 4+6. Anyone know how it works?

I had 33 day cycles when I conceived. Online converters will date you as if you have a 28 day cycle so you would be about 5 days earlier than what it says. At my first scan by the date of my last period I would have been 10+6 but I measured 10+1 because my cycle is 5 days longer than average so yeah you would be about 4+1 now :) congrats on your bfp :)

Thank you! I finally found a calculator that let me put cycle length and got it right!! I was making a ticker and I just lied on my LMP by 5 days.

they really should all have that I was so confused with mine at the start too, glad you got sorted though :)

they really should all have that I was so confused with mine at the start too, glad you got sorted though :)

Yes they really should! If I was brand new to all of this I would have probably accepted the first due date I saw and then would have been disappointed to be pushed back 5 days!

yeah exactly! then people will end up thinking there might be something wrong and we definitely don't need more to be worrying about ha

I've had longer cycles since my son, too, so I was in a similar boat! Glad you got it figured out!
When I first went in to see my OB, they gave me a due date based on my LMP and a 28 day cycle, but then said they'd send me for an early ultrasound to get a better due date. So until then it was so confusing having two due dates to have to calculate. When I went for my ultrasound, they pushed the official due date back a week. That was actually a couple days later than my own calculation, but early ultrasounds can be 3-5 days off. So be prepared for it to change again like mine did if they send you in to check!

Azure girl! I saw your update in our April group and then I found out about a week (or two?!) later! Love being here with you again! ;)

Oh, I got annoyed with my OB office today because they were scheduling my appt (based on my LMP) and because they try to do 39 week inductions, they told me my "delivery" date would be April 13.....that is TWELVE days before my due date....I didn't press the issue because I've delivered both kids thru this place and I know they will argue with me but eventually let me do what I want....but still.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->