Due Early Nov 2011

still feeling like a major hangover...ugh. Meant to do more housework, but every time I get up and move around I get super dizzy. How are you feeling mrs. LQ?

Luckily my OH has been Mr. Wonderful and has tidied the whole house. He hasn't done the polishing or cleaned the bathroom but hoovered everywhere, did the ironing and put away all the clothes and generally just been lovely. I definitely have one of the good ones.

I never told you how it went telling the family did I? We went to OHs Mum and stepdads first because she was expecting me to go and pick up my birthday present (it's tomorrow), so she gave me that and made us a cup of tea then OH just said we have some news... she's pregnant. She was just so shocked and started crying then said 'about bloody time!'. His stepdad gave me a hug - I don't know when that's every happened before! He's not much of a hugger!

Then we went to OHs Dads and he started off by telling OH off coz we never told him we were coming and he'd already posted my present! Then OH told him the news and he was just as shocked but really pleased, gave me a massive hug and wanted to tell people straight away. We told him to wait until we tell him he can, as we're only telling close family and friends just now.

Then on to my Mums... we had a chinese then sat down with a cuppa then I just blurted out that I was pregnant and she got a little tear in her eye and said what a busy year this will be! My sister was really pleased because her little one (due in July) will have a cousin so close in age. And my nephew (11) said he'd be happy so long as both mine and my sisters babies were boys!

Such a tiring day, I fell asleep on the sofa around half 9 then pretty much slept (apart from a few trips to the loo) until 9 this morning! Busy, busy weekend!

happy birthday!! how old are you?? what a lovely day, sounds like you made the rounds, is all your family pretty close by eachother? Both my DH and my family live nearby in california. I won't get to see them until the 2nd trimester. Your DH sounds lovely, doing all the housework. My DH is on a case (hes a lawyer) and works 13 hour days/7 days a week. Miss him like crazy. think I might hire a maid (cheaper to have a maid do it then DH).

Thank you, it's my birthday tomorrow and I'll be 26. They all live back in our home town about a 10 minute drive from each other, we live about an hours drive away from them. So it made sense to go back on a Saturday and get it all done with in one big go!

Oh you poor thing, I'd hate my OH to work that much! Especially now when I'm too tired to do anything. Definitely get a maid! I bet you're dead proud of him though. My OH's an electrician so works pretty much 9-5 Monday to Friday, although he does work weekends and evenings sometimes. He's very domesticated - he does pretty much all the cooking.

Hopefully by the time you see your family you'll be over the sickness part of pregnancy and onto the energetic phase - my mum was telling me the second trimester was when she got the most done. So at least you'll have the energy to see the whole family!

do you work? feeling much better today, a day of rest helped. Thinking I might starting taking shabbat off!! doing laundry and organizing...think I might go through my spring/summer clothes and pack away things that will most likely not fit!! :D

Yes I work, I did a law degree actually but then changed my mind about becoming a lawyer and went into law enforcement instead. I don't know if you'll have something similar over there I'm a trading standards officer so I deal with counterfeiters and cowboy builders, whatever consumers complain about really. I work mostly 9-5 Monday to Friday but usually work from home a couple of days a week and do the odd evening and weekend if we need to do a raid or test purchase somewhere.

I guess you're a doctor? What type are you? That must be a really rewarding job.

I just had to google shabbat! Please excuse my ignorance, I'm an irish catholic! Yes you should take it off, we need all the rest we can get! I've been out in the garden today and think I overdid it a bit, I'm completely shattered. It's looking nicer out there now though!

And good idea about packing away all your skinny person clothes - we won't have much use out of them this year haha!

I am actually a researcher (PhD student). I am the one behind the scenes making discoveries and advancing medicine! I work on autism and mental ******ation (the politically correct term is intellectual disability, but if I said that you probably wouldn't know what I was talking about). I spend my days in a lab playing with brains and studying synapses involved in memory formation. :D

Being a lawyer is total rubbish, DH hates it. At least in law enforcement you are directly helping and protecting the community!! Gardening sounds lovely, I only have an aerogarden https://www.aerogrow.com/ (since we live on the 17th floor of a high rise).

I also heard that your feet grow and we might have to get entirely new shoes!! :(

Hi ladies I was just wondering if I could join in with you. I am due around 6th Nov (4 days before my 29th Birthday!!) with baby #3. I am in Queensland in Australia and I already have boy/girl twins who are 2years and 8 months old. My twins were concieved using IVF however this little one was a natural little miracle!!! I have irregular cycles so today I had a blood test with my local GP which I will get the results back on Wednesday and also have a scan booked in for 16/3 to check my dates and confirm my due date. I have also booked into the same Obstetrician that delivered my twins and will see her when I am 10 weeks along!

So far I have sore boobs, I have started feeling really tired and occasionally feeling a little bit off but not too sick. With my twin pregnancy I had severe morning sickness from about 4.5 weeks until 18 weeks so I am really hoping this time around it is not as bad.

You both sound like you have amazing jobs!! I am mainly a stay at home Mum (the best job in the world being a Mum!!) and I also work one day at an office and half a day from home.

Notjustey - Happy Birthday for tomorrow :dance: I hope you have a lovely day and are not too sick on your Birthday.

Hi Twinkie and welcome!! Congrats on your miracle!! Glad you aren't feeling too sick yet. I have never been to australia, but really want to one of these days!!!
I have an appt next week for a scan to see the heartbeat.. :D

I am actually a researcher (PhD student). I am the one behind the scenes making discoveries and advancing medicine! I work on autism and mental ******ation (the politically correct term is intellectual disability, but if I said that you probably wouldn't know what I was talking about). I spend my days in a lab playing with brains and studying synapses involved in memory formation. :D

Being a lawyer is total rubbish, DH hates it. At least in law enforcement you are directly helping and protecting the community!! Gardening sounds lovely, I only have an aerogarden https://www.aerogrow.com/ (since we live on the 17th floor of a high rise).

I also heard that your feet grow and we might have to get entirely new shoes!! :(

Wow your job sounds amazing! So interesting. Although if you handed me a brain I'd probably pass out!

I just showed that aerogarden to my OH, he was well impressed! Wow that is high up! Bet you've got an amazing view though.

I love my little garden, it's the only reason we got this house. We've got small rooms but having a garden meant we could get a dog. My little pride and joy! I can't wait to see what he's like with our LO.

NOOOOOOO I love my shoes!! My feet better stay the same!

Oh and I forgot to say, I'm booked in with the midwife for my first app on 11/4/11 and they told me I didn't need to see the doctor so I wanted to work out my exact date. I adjusted my EDD to account for my 24 day cycle on an online calculator and I'm due on 2nd Nov - same as you! That probably makes sense seeing as we found out at pretty much the same time. I'm sure it'll get adjusted at the scan if it's wrong!

Hi ladies I was just wondering if I could join in with you. I am due around 6th Nov (4 days before my 29th Birthday!!) with baby #3. I am in Queensland in Australia and I already have boy/girl twins who are 2years and 8 months old. My twins were concieved using IVF however this little one was a natural little miracle!!! I have irregular cycles so today I had a blood test with my local GP which I will get the results back on Wednesday and also have a scan booked in for 16/3 to check my dates and confirm my due date. I have also booked into the same Obstetrician that delivered my twins and will see her when I am 10 weeks along!

So far I have sore boobs, I have started feeling really tired and occasionally feeling a little bit off but not too sick. With my twin pregnancy I had severe morning sickness from about 4.5 weeks until 18 weeks so I am really hoping this time around it is not as bad.

You both sound like you have amazing jobs!! I am mainly a stay at home Mum (the best job in the world being a Mum!!) and I also work one day at an office and half a day from home.

Notjustey - Happy Birthday for tomorrow :dance: I hope you have a lovely day and are not too sick on your Birthday.

Hi Twinkie - congrats on your BFP! And thanks for the birthday wishes! I've also got the sore boobs and a sickly feeling, although I haven't actually been sick. Have been hyper emotional today - things seemed to be going really bad. I missed the train, then left my briefcase at the station, then when I got in my puppy had pulled a plant off a table so there was soil EVERYWHERE! And then my passport application came back as rejected because you couldn't see my eyes in the photo - you so could! Just have a bit of a side fringe covering my eyebrow on one side. Then I found out I wouldn't be seeing anyone (doctor or midwife) until April! So I had a massive cry then cuddled up on the sofa with the pup for a nap.

When my OH got in he gave me a massive hug and cooked me a steak dinner for my birthday. He really is fantastic. But had I had that day a couple of months ago I'd have been fine, now everything that goes wrong seems to be a full on disaster!

notjustyet, sorry you aren't seeing the doctor until April, thats when I see my Dr again. Though I am going for a scan in a week!! Though I heard it might be internal...eeks!!
What kind of dog do you have? We do have a nice view, been living in a highrise for awhile now so used to it. But miss having a yard. With my aerogarden I have grown herbs, tomatoes and flowers. :D I am really worried about my feet getting better...what have we gotten ourselves into? LOL! Glad we have the same due date...yay! THough I have a feeling it may change.

Hi ladies. Congrats on you bfp. I got mine at the weekend and edd is 6 nov. I am getting those cramps and twinges and my legs, well more my thighs ache. Few headaches and ssoooooooooo tired.

congrats quartzbaby!! and welcome!! Is this your first? How long have you been ttc?

Hi Ladies!

Can I join too? I'm due 7th of November with my second. I have a 14month old daughter who was born on New Years Eve in 2009. I'm in Sydney, Australia.

Not many symptoms yet. I've been very irritable (poor OH) and tired. Last time morning sickness starting for me at 6 weeks so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can skip that symptom this time around!

Quartzbaby - Hi :hi: nice to meet you. We have the same due date :thumbup:

DrGromps - You never know your feet might not get bigger. When I was pregnant with my twins I was all baby never got swollen or big feet or ankles however two of my friends have gotten really swollen so you never know. But on the bright side any excuse to buy a new pair of shoes is a good one :winkwink:

Notjustyet - Awww sorry to hear you had such a crappy day. I hope it is looking up for you now. How gorgeous that your hubby cooked you dinner.

As for me I am feeling good today. I dropped my kids to their first day of kindy today. They will be going every Tuesday from now on. I was so worried that they would cry when I left but they were fine and I called before to check on them and the whole class were fast asleep having their rest time and my two had their beds right next to each other so cute. They are very lucky to have each other they never have to do anything by themselves which is nice. I felt quite teary this morning when I left them though. It is amazing how quickly they grow up suddenly they aren't my tiny babies anymore.

Amerikiwi - Hi how are you going. Love seeing a fellow Aussie on here. There isn't too many of us around here I don't think. I am from Brissie where it is incredibly hot today. Congrats on your BFP!!

Twinkie, congrats to you and the twins on surviving their first day of kindy!! I bet having some time to yourself on Tuesdays will be invaluable for catching up on sleep (or BnB). :thumbup: My little one went to creche for 2-3 mornings a week while I lectured (when we lived in NZ) and leaving her for the first time was so much harder on me than her.

Notjust yet, sorry you aren't seeing a doctor until April. Drgomps, how exciting that you get an early scan!! I have to find a doctor and see what the standards are here in Australia. My daughter was born in NZ and there I was seen once a month until third trimester. Then it went to every two weeks until the last month when I was seen every week. I had scans at 8week, 12week, 20 week, and 22weeks, although the standard there is just to have scans at 12 and 20.

Forgot to add before, congrats to everyone on your BFPs!! Look forward to sharing the journey with you all. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->