Due Early Nov 2011

:hi: Hi Sandy. Welcome to the group and congrats on your pregnancy!!

DrGomps - Oh dear your first puke :sick: I hope it doesn't get too bad for you. I tried just about every morning sickness cure when pg first time around and I would have to say that continuing to eat as much as you don't want to will actually help. I think the sickness is far worse on an empty stomach.

Quartzbaby- Our kids are very close in age then. My two are June babies. How are you finding this age? I have days where I love this age they are so independent now with a lot of things but other days where they are really hard work. Is your little girl the same? Does she throw tantrums yet? M/s until 18 weeks is just not fair is it :wacko: I wasn't put in hospital like you however I did take maxilon pretty much every day up until 18 weeks just to keep some food and fluid down.

Its a lovely age because they talk and the independents is lovely. But she can be such a madam. We were suppose to go to a playgroup today, but she refused to put clothes on and a fought a bit then then i just gave up. On the other hand she tells me she loves me and gives kisses without been asked, you can have a conservation with her and play games.(her imagination is wild). So has its ups and downs. Coping with the tantrums with a bump is going to be interesting:wacko:
I was on every drug for sickeness. It would work then after a week just stop. In the end at 18 weeks i had two weeks of steriods which stopped it. Then cyclizine for rest of preg. never had maxilon, wait i just googled it and its called metoclopramide here is the uk and it didnt work for me.

Hi Sandy, welcome!!

Twinkie, how are you feeling?

Quartz, have you had any sickness yet this time around? Hope it doesn't get bad for you.

I had a vivid dream that I had to have an emergency c-section and I had several babies but most of them were stillborn. And then I wasn't producing milk to feed them. Weird.

Hi Sandy, welcome!!

Twinkie, how are you feeling?

Quartz, have you had any sickness yet this time around? Hope it doesn't get bad for you.

I had a vivid dream that I had to have an emergency c-section and I had several babies but most of them were stillborn. And then I wasn't producing milk to feed them. Weird.

Hi DrGomps,

No sickness yet. But it didnt start till dead on 6 weeks so this weekend.:wacko:
Although this pregnancy is already slightly different, i have headaches which i didnt get this early before. So fx its a completely different experience this time.

I am not quite six weeks, but definitely started. Ugh. almost (but didn't) puked during my prenatal workout.

Just wanted to check in and let you all know that I'm still here! Been so exhausted after visiting my friends at the weekend (a six hour round trip) I took today off work to do nothing and that is exactly what I've done.

Hope you're all doing well. Let me know if you work out anything to stop the sickness Dr. Gomps, I haven't had any yet but have been stood over the toilet a few times feeling very sick.

Hope those with m/s are managing it OK so far. Knock on wood, no sickness for me yet, but like Quartz, last time it wasn't till 6 weeks, so we'll see.

My brother-in-law posted some photos on FB from their visit here last weekend and I hadn't realized until I saw them how much my boobs are growing again! I was spilling out of the bra which made for some unflattering photos. Other than that, just super super tired.

I think I'm finally done POAS (until the midwife glucose, etc. ones). I took a digi in the afternoon yesterday and within 30 seconds it popped up 3+ which put me at 5+ weeks pregnant so I was happy. :happydance:

I"m glad to be here with you ladies. I have been very busy at work, I haven't been sick at all just dizzy and bloated. My last pregnancy I was very sick and everything tasted horrible. I have a 14yr old and 25month old two boys. I don't remember getting dizzy the last two time.
I hope all you ladies a doing okay and not feeling sick. I'm at work right now will come on later today

So I had my scan yesterday and it was alittle disappointing. I was not quite six weeks, but my doctors office was going by LMP which was jan 18th so that makes me 7 weeks on the dot...but since I was tracking ovulation I am 5 weeks 6 days. So it was too early to see the heartbeat and I am going in again next week. Little disappointing and alittle stressing, but I have looked at lots of websites and my bean looks about in between 5 and 6 which is about right and where it should be. here is a website that has some nice sonograms at different ages:

https://www.baby2see.com/development/...ans.html#week4

you can compare those with mine and tell me what you think.

will feel much better after next week and I can see the heartbeat and know its viable. Trying to be positive and optimistic. And feel lucky that I get to see my baby grow over a week.

Also I found this that shows the milestones...so far I have a gestational sac, yolk sac and fetal pole.

Attachments

• chart.jpg
    chart.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 5
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 5
Great first picture of your little one Dr Gomps! Although easier said than done, try not to worry about not seeing a heartbeat yet. Many people don't see them at 6 weeks and go on to have perfectly healthy pregnancies. That's great that you get another one in a week. I won't get my first scan until 12 weeks, unless I break and go private before then.

I had my first bout of evening-sickness last night--yuk yuk. At least it's tracking in same path as my last pregnancy so that helps put my mind to rest a bit.

Dr Gomps, thats great news! Don't worry about the heartbeat, everything else is going according to plan and at least you know it's in the right place. Every pain I get worries me into thinking it's ectopic. Only 6 more weeks till my scan!

Had my first bout of proper MS today, both this morning and this afternoon. Urgh.

Baby is the size of a sweetpea today!

Notjustyet...sorry about your ms, but at least you know your bead is growing!! I have only puked once...alot of retching/dry heaving.

Amerikiwi...sorry your scan is so late...though there are lots of disadvantages to having early scans...you could be in my situation...though there was a girl on another thread who didn't even have a gestational sac at 5 weeks...so I should feel good about mine. For 5 weeks 6 days my bean has all it should...it is generally too early for a heartbeat. So I am reassuring myself that my bean has met all the milestones so far...no reason to believe he/she will not meet the next one. THough I know the chance of miscarriage is much less after they detect a heartbeat...so I will feel better.

My parents just sent me a care package of baby gear, cookies, pregnancy tea, books and a card signed by all my siblings. So sweet.

Hi all,

Well had the first doc appointment today(nothing happens i just have to tell them in person i am pregnant. Next appointment 30 march for booking in with midwife(long one lots of paper work). Well headaches are horriable and sickness is really starting. Feel really poo.

quartz, sorry you aren't feeling well...what are they going to do at the march 30th appt?

Sandy - I am so sorry to hear that you have started to bleed :cry: Take care of yourself sweetheart :hugs:

Quartzbaby- You really did have a bad time of m/s first time around didn't you. Hopefully this time will be better. Lol that your DD wouldn't put clothes on, my DS can be a bit selective with which shirts I put on him too. It is a great age though.

Notjustyet - Yay for your little move up to the next size!! Hopefully the sickness doesn't get too bad.

Amerikiwi - Oh dear that the m/s has started. Hope your coping ok with the sickness and a toddler to look after.

DrGomps - That is a great photo and don't stress yourself about the heartbeat. I had my first scan at 6weeks 3days with the twins and she didn't book me in any earlier because she said I wouldn't be able to see any heartbeats before 6 weeks. Just to put your mind at rest a little more when we were TTC the twins I had a blighted ovum pregnancy which is basically an empty sac and I had scans up until 8 weeks to check it was definately a blighted ovum and there was no fetal pole like is really obvious in your scan pic so I think your scan looks great. How cute that your Mum sent you a package, that is so sweet!!

Hi to everyone else :hi:

As for me I am still feeling pretty good. My daughter has had a vomiting bug so the last couple of nights I haven't got much sleep so I am feeling extra exhausted at the moment. I remember feeling tired in the first tri with the twins too. Luckily my kids still have a sleep every day so I am able to have a nap on the couch while they sleep to try and get my energy back. I feel really bloated at night time now I look like I am already a few months pg. Luckily it doesn't look so bad in the mornings lol. I guess my muscles never really got as tight again since I had the twins. However the way I look at night time at the moment is making me think I am going to be massive with this pg. Surely I couldn't be any bigger than when I carried the twins lol :dohh:

Sandy, is it spotting or full on bleeding. So sorry hun. Hope everything is okay. :hugs:

Twinkie, sorry your little one was sick...I am bloated too!! My mom said when I was little my stomach was always very elastic and varied in size quite a bit. It just worries me that I will get quite large!!

quartz, sorry you aren't feeling well...what are they going to do at the march 30th appt?

hi there, They go through all family history (both fathers and mothers of unborn baby) and about last pregnancy( how it went what was last labor like any complications etc. Blood tests for early defects and iron levels etc urine test. any issues or concerns you want to talk about. Forms they fill in with you to send off to book your first scan (10-12 weeks dating scan). I assume its very different to where you are. All countries do it differently don't there.

Sickness i am just about coping, with a toddler this time it is really hard. Last time it was just myself and i could lie in bed all day if i wished. now i have breakfast to make for little one etc. I have been working my way through ginger biscuits and these ginger chew sweets i got from a health food shop. Hows your sickness going, not to bad i hope.

Sandy28 i am sorry you have started bleeding :hugs:

Hi everyone! I've just searched for open groups in buddies and came across this nice little place. Bean is currently due 11/11/11 so i'm a little later than most of you but could i still hop in and join you all? :hugs: Hope you're all doing well today?

sparklyjubbly, what a great due date!! :thumbup: Is this your first? How long have you been trying?

Quartz, I can't even imagine having a toddler right now.

I have been sick with a bug the last few days and between that and the morning sickness I have been feeling awful. Really eager for my next scan....momma needs a heartbeat!!!

Welcome Sparklyjubbly! Hope you're planning on delivering at 11am on your due date. Very cool due date!

Sandy, my thoughts are with you. Take care of yourself.

DrGomps, how many days until the next scan?

Twinkie, hope your daughter is feeling better--and that you are getting some sleep at night again. Surely you wouldn't get as big as with the twins, but they do say you start showing earlier with second and subsequent pregnancies. I was showing at 12 weeks with number 1, and bloated enough to look 5 months right now. Hope the bloat subsides soon.

Quartz, hope the m/s doesn't hit you as bad this time around. I feel your pain with being sick with a toddler. I've found nappies unbearable and run to the loo after every poopy nappy--which has been a lot recently as my daughter is teething!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->