Due in December! (BE)

Hi, just back from the mw app and now I'm really worried girls :sad1:

Got to the appointment and it was a different mw as usual but she was lovely, said hi and asked why on earth I was back so soon and laughed, I told her I'd been asked to come in due to the swelling so she got me up on the chair and looked at my legs and said 'my goodness hmmm' did my BP and checked my sample then started feeling around my bump. Without saying a word she walked out and was gone for 5-10 mins and finally came back with a tape measure. She measured me then asked Aaron to turn the lights off as she got the scanner sorted. She stood for another 10 mins doing different measurements and things and pointed out my placenta but that's all she said. I made a little joke that everyone was saying how big baby was and how I was hoping they were wrong, she was totally engrossed in the screen and eventually said 'O sorry did you ask something' I was getting really nervous at this stage and just repeated what I'd said, she said well yea it's a big baby, about 9lb at the minute :O Then turned the scanner off again and disappeared for another 10mins with my notes with her.
When she came back she sat down and said 'Right here's the deal, your placenta is starting to break down, it's grade 2 at the minute which isn't a massive concern given your stage but you need to really really monitor baby's movements in these next few days. I've been talking to a consultant and he's concerned with everything but not overly concerned just yet' At this stage I thought I was going to cry, how can you be concerned but not concerned enough!??
She made me an appointment for a CTG on Saturday morning, why on earth could they not do one there and then?!! and then told me I need to see the consultant next Tuesday, (writing urgent in my notes in capitals as she said it) I asked what happens on Saturday if they still aren't happy and she said 'well they'll keep you in and take it from there but try not to worry' YEA RIGHT!!
I asked if this all effects me going to the mw unit and she said hopefully not but it's impossible to say now.

I'm trying not to stress out but all I'm left with is a stupid sheet of paper that I have to monitor baby's movements with and all this worry that something is really wrong and I have to wait to Saturday to know for sure
I just want baby out now so I know she's ok :cry:

Sorry for rambling on, hope that all makes some sort of sense!

Hey Huni, they wouldn't have done the CTG today as they will already have assessed fetal wellbeing during the scan- so it wouldn't have given them any more information.

I'm not a sonographer and I'm not familiar with people being told their placenta is breaking down, but she may have been putting it in laymans terms. Did she mention EDF or end diastiloic flow, as this is how they measure placental perfusion. But given your babe is obviously well grown your placenta has certainly been working well.

Try not to worry as they would almost certainly induce you immediately at this stage were they concerned.

Hi LW, thanks hun, was hoping you would reply! No she never mentioned anything other than my placenta was down to a grade 2 which meant it was 'wearing down' and not working as well as it used to.
With all that happening I forgot to mention to her about the really sharp stitch pain I keep getting, would that have anything to do with the placenta? She told me it might be worthwhile bringing my bags in the car on Saturday just in case so that worried me abit as well, it's as if she knows I won't be going home but didn't want to tell me and now I'm thinking if they know things are going to get worse why take a risk? :cry:

Jo-replied to you on fb. Just wanted to say try not to worry, I'm sure everything is ok or else they would have kept you in :hugs:

Hi LW, thanks hun, was hoping you would reply! No she never mentioned anything other than my placenta was down to a grade 2 which meant it was 'wearing down' and not working as well as it used to.
With all that happening I forgot to mention to her about the really sharp stitch pain I keep getting, would that have anything to do with the placenta? She told me it might be worthwhile bringing my bags in the car on Saturday just in case so that worried me abit as well, it's as if she knows I won't be going home but didn't want to tell me and now I'm thinking if they know things are going to get worse why take a risk? :cry:

I've never known of placentas being graded but a quick google reveals that grade 2 is a normal full term placenta :shrug:
But thats just from google it's honestly not something I know about myself. If you use google uk there are no results from grade 2 placenta- other than praevia which is totally different. We don't grade placentas here as far as i'm aware, but maybe the sonographers do and I don't know but I have never seen anyone be induced for this reason and I worked on an antenatal ward for 2 years. Our postdates girls get biophysical profiles- CTG and scans, which seems to be what you're getting too. It's a good indicater that all is well with baby and if your CTG is fine then i'm sure you won't need your bags. they are probably being cautious because of the swelling.
I can't imagine the stitch pain is related.

Thanks justarascal & LW

Baby is having a good wiggle about at the minute, it's as if she's trying to tell me to stop panicing :D
There's nothing I can do really but wait and see how things go on Saturday but hopefully you're right LW and they are just being overcautious about everything!

LW - sorry to torture you hun, can you explain what LOP in my notes means? I've tried googling it and I know it's baby is lying on the left but I'm confused now, does it mean she's back to back? Some sites seem to say yes and others say no but it makes delivery more difficult :huh:

Left occipital posterior. (the occiput is a bone at the back of the head)
It means your baby's back is to the left and to the back.

Don't let this worry you as babies often turn to anterior positions, which are favourable, before or during labour x

Well the BA's seem to have slowed down a little, come on babies!

xxx

Ba's do seem to have slowed, maybe they're all waiting for the weekend again!

Seems like we've all had a fun day at our appointments.
Baby is measuring same as last week, 40cms, but had a different mw so that will probably explain it.
Bp was 130/84 with the big cuff on, mw not worried ad I booked in with 122/78 with the big cuff. Admittedly last week bp was 110/85 with the small cuff.
Baby still only 3/5 but know they can stay like that till they arrive so not worried. Back is down my right hand side which I knew anywayfron feeling a foot over on the left.
Heart beat good and strong, she actually told me the bpm which is the first time I've been told it, between 138 and 148, so what does that mean for the sex ladies? I can't remember! Am team yellow, but always been convinced it's a boy.

Don't let this worry you as babies often turn to anterior positions, which are favourable, before or during labour x

So does roa mean babys back is on the right and to the front?
And is this good, should it be on the left?

Can't remember where but I think I read babys can only turn in an anti clockwise direction which is why back to backs take so long, but may have imagined that!

Though apparently baby is well fixed in my pelvis now, son probably won't turn easily.
Don't mind, has to come out one way or another!

Cyliestsitch I think the old wives tale is under 130 and it's a boy and over and it's a girl, it's always been right for my little madam strangely enough but then it is 50/50 :D

Heart beat good and strong, she actually told me the bpm which is the first time I've been told it, between 138 and 148, so what does that mean for the sex ladies? I can't remember! Am team yellow, but always been convinced it's a boy.

The old wives tale that I know means :blue: :winkwink:

Maybe the DID stork is going to have another busy weekend then delivering our :baby:

xxx

I don't know how you team yellows have managed to stick the suspense! It would kill me not to know now! x

So does roa mean babys back is on the right and to the front?
And is this good, should it be on the left?

Yup- right occipital anterior- left is said to be optimal, but I don't think it really makes a difference.

As for the heartbeat thing- it is absolute nonsense :fool:

Stayed team yellow cos I really wanted the moment when keV can say it's a ....
Think that will be such an emotional moment and I'm so looking forward to that!

Yeah, figured the hb thing was hooey but tis fun to guess!

BE is back online tomorrow apparently.... is everyone heading back there? Had an email today to say my usernames been changed :( never mind!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->