Due in June 2014!(88 sunflowers), 37 (blue), 24 (pink), (48) here!

Congrats on the boy soldierwife !

Sorry you're feeling down 1eighty.

God I really need to book my glucose test and 26wk midwife appointment!

Sorry you're feeling down 1eighty, I'm sure you'll be fine x

20%! Why would they even market and sell a meter with only a 20% accuracy rate. That's crazy. I understand your rant. I would rant too. :wacko: Since you already avoid sweets naturally, is there other foods that your are eating that might have a fast blood glucose reaction? Like bread or pasta? You could try cutting back on those or maybe eating 6 small meals instead of the expected 3 meals a day. That's what I do simply because I want to keep my metabolism up.

There's definitely some other high carb foods I could avoid if I had to but my sugars are pretty well controlled. I mean, my fasting this morning was 73, which is low depending on who you ask, and after each meal it's been less than 140 which is considered normal. I honestly think maybe I am diabetic, or that I have GD, but I just already manage it well since I dont eat sweets anyway. I'll talk to my doctor about it at my next appointment though.

Well its been a while so here is a update from me! I have to go have my one hour glucose test done On March 11th and have a repeat Ultrasound as the lady didn't get good enough pictures of LO's face. But other than that pregnancy is going good.. I have my days where i struggle to get outta bed i hurt soo much! But anyways I am excited my dad who don't really have much to do with me nor my son has just offered to come down this tues. to go out shopping ( for baby stuff and stuff for my son) and take me out to eat!

Can I join you ladies? I'm due June 12th with my 3rd baby(team yellow). I'm due in June but having my baby on May 30th via csection. So not sure if I belong here or the May group?

Can I join you ladies? I'm due June 12th with my 3rd baby(team yellow). I'm due in June but having my baby on May 30th via csection. So not sure if I belong here or the May group?

:hi: jen. Think you joined before if I'm not mistaken? Had you down as June 9th. I'll update you as the 12th as team yellow. You belong here if you want to be here :hugs:!

Just thought I'd write an update from me;

Still really enjoying sharing my body with my little girl and me and my fiance are stronger than ever, truly, which I feel so lucky for. We can now both feel kicks all the time from the outside which is so lovely! :cloud9:
My mum and her partner are moving house in a couple of weeks from a few hours away to ten minutes away which is super exciting! I didn't ask them to come but after I told them about the baby they knew they wanted to be closer and I am so grateful for the support.
I have a few common complaints of pregnancy, got pubic pain but it's not too bad as long as I don't run at all and it mainly hurts when I'm in bed trying to turn over or something. My nausea came back a bit which confused me, not so much that I'm being sick again but I was struggling to eat for a while.. although the last few days that's gone and I've been wanting to nibble constantly!
While I've been sat here writing this some colostrum dripped onto my leg and surprised me :haha:
I'm an overweight mumma-to-be and I've been doing well with my weight through the pregnancy which I'm really relieved about, I lost weight at the start and now I'm maintaining. I haven't been trying hard, just being as healthy as I can (don't worry I'm eating enough!).
Work and all that is good, I'm studying midwifery, and I'm still managing but I do long shifts in a hospital and it's getting to the point where I'm looking forward to the end of this part and just studying in Uni again until mat leave.

Sorry for the long post! How is everyone getting on? Do you like the second tri?
Also... do your babies have days where they don't move as much or hardly at all? I have about one day a week like that and it always freaks me out, today has been that day.. but we found baby's perfect hb with the doppler to ease my mind, haven't had that out in a while!

:hugs: and xx's to all you lovelies!

:hi: jen. Think you joined before if I'm not mistaken? Had you down as June 9th. I'll update you as the 12th as team yellow. You belong here if you want to be here :hugs:!

Oh yes that's right!! Pregnancy brain! Oh my! Lol! Thank you for updating my due date;)

I have a day every once in a while where she's quieter than normal and it does really freak me out too.. I'm so thankful to have my Doppler for times like that!! I think the regular kick counting doesn't start until after 28 weeks if I'm not mistaken?!

Yeah I think it's 28 weeks also... it's just hard to believe that when I've seen her kick so hard my stomach moves, that she could possibly be in a position where I don't feel anything all day :wacko:
I've just got to trust my baby girl. Thanks for answering :)

I agree, it is hard to believe after feeling her so strong basically non stop for so long that a day could go by where I barely feel anything.. but I guess it's still possible!! :)

Congrats, 1eighty!!

Update on me: talked to the nurse at my doctors office today about GD. She talked about wanting me to sign up for the diabetes education class at the local hospital but after I explained to her that I have been tracking my sugars for years, she kind of backed off that idea. My sugars have been within normal limits every time I've tested (4 times a day, my poor little fingers!). I have my next appointment next Tuesday, the 4th, and she'll review them and we'll go from there.
I can feel my baby girl kick quite often now. I love it! :)

20%! Why would they even market and sell a meter with only a 20% accuracy rate. That's crazy. I understand your rant. I would rant too. :wacko: Since you already avoid sweets naturally, is there other foods that your are eating that might have a fast blood glucose reaction? Like bread or pasta? You could try cutting back on those or maybe eating 6 small meals instead of the expected 3 meals a day. That's what I do simply because I want to keep my metabolism up.

There's definitely some other high carb foods I could avoid if I had to but my sugars are pretty well controlled. I mean, my fasting this morning was 73, which is low depending on who you ask, and after each meal it's been less than 140 which is considered normal. I honestly think maybe I am diabetic, or that I have GD, but I just already manage it well since I dont eat sweets anyway. I'll talk to my doctor about it at my next appointment though.

It sounds like you are fine. I wouldn't worry. Just keep up the good work. Really, when do you normally drink a glass of syrup? Their tests aren't realistic in my opinion.

I had an ultrasound today. Baby is right on track. He was active, but the test went well.

Congratulations 1eighty. I don't know when they will be wanting me to take that nasty test, but I'm dreading it. Ugh.

I had to have a GD test last time because of pcos but I have moved county's and apparently that isn't part of the criteria in this trust :shrug: I don't mind the drink it's only lucozade, just boring sitting there for hours hungry lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->