Due on August 3rd...

Hiiiiii!

Thanks for the invite! My scan is tomorrow and I may appear normal on the surface but I am FREAKING OUT. We had an extra scan to find out the sex and the person was convinced it was a boy (we did see it lol) and I always had a feeling it was a boy but I won't believe it till I actually see it. :haha: eeeeeeeek! I hope everythings going to be ok and healthy!! [-o<

I was always so curious how other ladies were doing when it came to feeling kicks, do you know where your placenta is? Our bubba is kicking and punching up a storm and I was wondering if it was really down to temperament or placenta location considering we have the same due date. If it is temperament OH and I are really in for a trouble maker!

:kiss:

Congrats on your boy, have you names you like? & Good luck in your scan today - hope we get a look at the pic!

I'm 5'2 and a size 10-12 (now) and the bump is fairly obvious now,in the last few weeks its grown a lot, I'll attach a pic. Still not feeling any kicks or punches though :nope:

Attachments

• bump.jpg
    bump.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 9
Are you ladies over here now? Dunno where to post lol x x How are you all feeling? I recently applied for a job, only 1 day a week and thought i'd say i was pg while they make their decision of who to employ. Don't think ill get the job now :( x x

Aww cmtcmt you've got a lovely bump. Ill try and upload mine. I'm quite small at the mo x x

Good luck for your scan today Kippenhok! I hope everything's healthy and you get to find out for definite whether you're having a boy :thumbup:
Let us know how you get on? :flower:

Movement wise, I definitely am feeling things - it varies from day to day, but always get at least a few small movements, and then on a "busy" day I can get some pretty noticeable kicks. :happydance:
At my first scan the sonographer said I have an anterior placenta, but I'm wondering whether it's moved because I can feel the kicks and also the midwife at my 16wk appointment found the heartbeat really easy? :shrug: I guess I'll find out tomorrow at my 20wk scan... It would be interesting to know if it was purely temperament. Or maybe even boy/girl related??

Bump-wise, I started suffering from constipation (sorry TMI!) and bloating really early on so that it's made it quite difficult to get excited about any bump... because I was never convinced it was actually the baby I was seeing! I know it's definitely there now though because when I lie down, the top of my stomach flattens still but then I'm left with a solid ball at the bottom! I haven't got a pic at the moment but I'll see if I can get one :)

As for the SPD, I have to admit I'm not convinced about how much the physio will be able to do either, but I'm willing to give it a go... if nothing else I'll be glad of any tips they can give me to stop me accidentally making it worse! Also I think I can get the brace from them too. I'll let you know what they actually do for me whenever I finally get there, but I'm not feeling too optimistic about it being anytime soon. :dohh:
My maternity leave begins in 9 1/2 weeks, but I'm actually off sick at the moment because the SPD got so bad. Going back next week because I'm on a course so will be a lot less physical and hopefully less painful, but I've noticed while I've been at home and taking it easy that the pain has got a million times better... so hopefully that should make the last few months of pregnancy a lot more bearable for us. fingers crossed! :flow:

I hope you're all well anyway. I'm looking forward to seeing all of our tickers change to the halfway point tomorrow!! :thumbup: :flower:

I'm 5'2 and a size 10-12 (now) and the bump is fairly obvious now,in the last few weeks its grown a lot, I'll attach a pic. Still not feeling any kicks or punches though :nope:

Aww yep that's definitely a baby bump!! :happydance: And quite a lot of difference in the last 2 weeks as well!

Congratulations :thumbup:

Thanks!! I love it getting bigger.. show off :winkwink:

Any of you guys having trouble sleeping, I've no problems going asleep at all, it's just I'm walking up at 4am on the dot the last few nights, don't really mind it just wondering if it's common

Good luck for your scan today Kippenhok! I hope everything's healthy and you get to find out for definite whether you're having a boy :thumbup:
Let us know how you get on? :flower:

Movement wise, I definitely am feeling things - it varies from day to day, but always get at least a few small movements, and then on a "busy" day I can get some pretty noticeable kicks. :happydance:
At my first scan the sonographer said I have an anterior placenta, but I'm wondering whether it's moved because I can feel the kicks and also the midwife at my 16wk appointment found the heartbeat really easy? :shrug: I guess I'll find out tomorrow at my 20wk scan... It would be interesting to know if it was purely temperament. Or maybe even boy/girl related??

Bump-wise, I started suffering from constipation (sorry TMI!) and bloating really early on so that it's made it quite difficult to get excited about any bump... because I was never convinced it was actually the baby I was seeing! I know it's definitely there now though because when I lie down, the top of my stomach flattens still but then I'm left with a solid ball at the bottom! I haven't got a pic at the moment but I'll see if I can get one :)

As for the SPD, I have to admit I'm not convinced about how much the physio will be able to do either, but I'm willing to give it a go... if nothing else I'll be glad of any tips they can give me to stop me accidentally making it worse! Also I think I can get the brace from them too. I'll let you know what they actually do for me whenever I finally get there, but I'm not feeling too optimistic about it being anytime soon. :dohh:
My maternity leave begins in 9 1/2 weeks, but I'm actually off sick at the moment because the SPD got so bad. Going back next week because I'm on a course so will be a lot less physical and hopefully less painful, but I've noticed while I've been at home and taking it easy that the pain has got a million times better... so hopefully that should make the last few months of pregnancy a lot more bearable for us. fingers crossed! :flow:

I hope you're all well anyway. I'm looking forward to seeing all of our tickers change to the halfway point tomorrow!! :thumbup: :flower:

Thanks bump on the brain :)

How come you leave starts so early?? How long do you get?? Mine starts mid July.

I don't know much about SPD but I hope you get better, does it go away or remain for the rest of your preg?

Thanks!! I love it getting bigger.. show off :winkwink:

Any of you guys having trouble sleeping, I've no problems going asleep at all, it's just I'm walking up at 4am on the dot the last few nights, don't really mind it just wondering if it's common

To be honest, I'm waking up pretty much every hour the whole way through the night so I can't help you on that one. My back hurts, or my hip hurts, or I'm too hot, or too cold, or I need the toilet, or my DH is snoring... it's a nightmare! :haha: I don't think I've ever been so sleep deprived!

Good practice I guess :winkwink: but not good for the hormones...

As for my leave starting mid May, it's because I'm training as a nurse, so I move around between different wards/departments etc. I only have to do one more placement before I can register as a qualified nurse but that placement was due to start in the middle of May and finish in the middle of August - so it would be pretty much impossible for me to get it done before the LO was here. So rather than going off halfway through and leaving the ward short staffed, I decided it would be better to just go off before it begins. Also, if somehow I actually did manage to finish the placement then I'd be qualified so would be in a weird limbo land before starting a permanent position and wouldn't actually be entitled into any maternity pay... whereas at the moment I'm being paid by the NHS to train so they will pay my maternity. If that makes any sense? :dohh: A bit complicated but it worked out for the best to go off early.
I was disappointed at first because I wanted to work late and have more time with the baby, but as things have turned out with having the SPD I think I'd have struggled to keep going much later than June anyway. Thankfully I have managed to arrange 45 weeks leave so will still have plenty of time with the LO after.
The SPD won't get any better until after the baby is here now unfortunately, but by being sensible and taking it reasonably easy I should hopefully be able to stop it from getting too much worse. :thumbup:

Are you ladies over here now? Dunno where to post lol x x How are you all feeling? I recently applied for a job, only 1 day a week and thought i'd say i was pg while they make their decision of who to employ. Don't think ill get the job now :( x x

:hugs: I think I would have told them straight away as well, to save causing trouble for myself later on. I hope it doesn't end up stopping them from offering you the job, but I can see why you would feel that way. Fingers crossed for you though :flow:

Yeah thats what I thought too, I told them id understand if I'm not offered it because of that so hopefully ill find out the outcome soon x Aww i feel soz for you with the spd do you have physio for it? x

And yeah i find i wake through the night too normally round 1/2 am then sometimes i cant get back to sleep till like 5 am then you feel soo tired in the morning x x

Todays pictures

Attachments

• 118.jpg
    118.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 7
  • 115.jpg
    115.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 122.jpg
    122.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 126.jpg
    126.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 4
Yeah thats what I thought too, I told them id understand if I'm not offered it because of that so hopefully ill find out the outcome soon x Aww i feel soz for you with the spd do you have physio for it? x

And yeah i find i wake through the night too normally round 1/2 am then sometimes i cant get back to sleep till like 5 am then you feel soo tired in the morning x x

Todays pictures

I love the little hand appearing in Picture 3 :haha:

Seriously though, your bump is fantastic!! I definitely don't have anything like that, there's no way we'd be mistaking whether you are pregnant or not :winkwink:

Congratulations :flower:

As for the SPD I'm on a waiting list for physio at the moment... I've already been on it for over 4 weeks so I'm hoping it's not too much longer, but from what the GP said I think the waiting list is about 8-10 weeks!! :nope: Thankfully it's eased off a bit since I was first referred otherwise I'd be feeling really sorry for myself by now! :haha:

well i can say you two defo have a lovely bump! :) not long till the scans tommorra girls :) ! xx

bump on the brain - That's good for you, especially with you not feeling great! I thought I was missing out on something there for a while :haha: And best of luck with nursing in the future!!

Winterkage - Your bump pics are lovely, as is your little boy! I have a bit of catching up to do I think!!

Bump.on.Brain- Aww thanks yeah he follows me everywhere lol Aww thats soo long, I hope you are offered an appointment soon x

Beth Charlotte- Thank you, cant wait for it to grow more x Aww good luck with the scans tomorrow ladies do you have any idea of what you think you may have? x I've got my scan next Wednesday and a wake to go to this Saturday and a funeral to go to on Thursday as a family member has died and have no idea what to wear x I was planning to reveal on Facebook that I'm pregnant once i found out as apart from close family no one knows but I'm just going to wait a while now x x

Thanks cmtcmt x Back on later ladies going to make some lunch x x

I've got my scan next Wednesday and a wake to go to this Saturday and a funeral to go to on Thursday as a family member has died and have no idea what to wear x I was planning to reveal on Facebook that I'm pregnant once i found out as apart from close family no one knows but I'm just going to wait a while now x x

:flow: I'm really sorry to hear that. I hope the service and wake aren't too difficult for you and your family. :hugs: I take it when you're saying you don't know what to wear you mean because you want to hide your bump? If so, I'm guessing a baggy top is the only way to go... And maybe an open fronted waterfall cardigan? Just that I have one of them and the way it lies it does seem to disguise my stomach bump a bit.

I have absolutely no gut feeling whether I am having a boy or girl at all though scan wise. I guess maybe it could be a boy - purely because at my first scan I couldn't help but refer to the picture as he - but I think really that's just a slip of the tongue rather than my subconscious telling me something, and other than that, no clue!

bump on the brain - That's good for you, especially with you not feeling great! I thought I was missing out on something there for a while :haha: And best of luck with nursing in the future!!

:haha: Nope... no big secret maternity leave trick to let you in on I'm afraid :nope: :haha:

And thanks very much :flower:

Yeah because my black formal dresses that i have are all tight fitting. I dont have anything that just flows but that cardigan that you mentioned is a good idea. I'll have to have a search for one. I'm thinking of wearing this dress but will need cardigan to disguise bump x x Aww yeah i find i always say he too as well lol I forgot to ask do any of you have pregnancy journals? if you do ill follow them :). I've got a parenting journal but im not very gd with updating it x x

Here is the dress x

Attachments

• 135.jpg
    135.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 137.jpg
    137.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 9
Yeah because my black formal dresses that i have are all tight fitting. I dont have anything that just flows but that cardigan that you mentioned is a good idea. I'll have to have a search for one. I'm thinking of wearing this dress but will need cardigan to disguise bump x x Aww yeah i find i always say he too as well lol I forgot to ask do any of you have pregnancy journals? if you do ill follow them :). I've got a parenting journal but im not very gd with updating it x x

Here is the dress x

That dress is lovely, and really appropriate... you definitely do have a rather noticeable bump on you there though! If you do decide on trying to get one of those cardigans then I managed to get one from Asda/George not that long ago and also Marks and Spencer seem to have things like that in... not sure what is local for you. Hopefully that helps a bit though :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->