Due on August 3rd...

Aww that's lovely,its really cute when you start feeling them move. I've got my scan tomorrow then heading of to buy a little outfit x I would love another little boy but then i would love a girl too, ill be happy with either :) x x

After the scan DH and I went to have a look around a few shops and saw the cutest little summer dresses! We didn't actually buy anything but got ourselves very doe-eyed and excited! :haha: Really really looking forward to the summer and the little one being here now.

I'm looking forward to hearing the results of all of your scans too :happydance: Good luck for tomorrow WinterKage, make sure you let us know how you get on :thumbup:

Congratulations on the movement too cmtcmt :flower: I'm glad you're getting definite kicks now. It's such a lovely feeling and also so reassuring. I actually saw my stomach jump a couple of times in the bath yesterday because she gave me the strongest kicks I've ever felt. I couldn't believe it, I was so thrilled... but ones of that strength are also going to take some getting used to!

The only problem is I feel a bit guilty that my OH is missing out now - whenever he puts his hand on it either stops altogether or I only get the tiniest kicks that he can't feel :dohh: We laughed about it at first but now he seems to be losing interest in putting his hand on at all, I think he's given up :nope: I don't like the thought of him feeling left out. Any suggestions?

That's a hard one hun, with my oh as he can't feel the kicks yet either I just tell him baby's been really active this morning or think baby liked that etc so try to involve him as much as I can. Its difficult as while we can bond with the baby, partners rely on us to explain everything so they feel close. My oh is always going on about when he can feel it kick, will be a really nice experience when they can x x

Good Luck today Wintercage :thumbup:

Bump on the Brain - I felt the same way at the weekend, at first he was really excited to hear everytime I got a kick and was trying to feel them but couldn't and now it's almost like I'm tormenting him so I'l have to ease off on the 'Oh there's another one' until he can see or feel them himself!

So do you guys feel like you have just gone through another big stage of the pregnancy now you have your scans done?? Like the 3 month mark and the time you tell everyone??

i feel a huge weight has been lifted now i have had my scan and gone past the half way line! now i think its time to start enjoying the rest of the pregnancy :).

How are you all? sorry i havnt been on in a while internet has broke at home so i can only come on when im at work :)

XX

Thanks for the suggestions ladies... I'm finding it really difficult to balance, because on the one hand I'm trying to keep him involved by telling him what's going on and when I've felt something, but as cmt said I also then feel a bit like I'm tormenting him because he's missing it all. I had been putting his hand on my stomach each time I knew LO was awake, on the off chance that there was a big kick but then we he doesn't feel anything I think it's more frustrating. So I've sort of stopped mentioning it now, and am thinking I might wait to get him to try again until they're really strong all the time... :shrug: Unless he happens to do something that makes LO kick and then I'll tell him she likes it!

The scan has felt like a massive milestone for me, definitely the biggest one. At 12 weeks I was still a bit nervous about telling people, because I couldn't get my head around why one day I was still high risk, and the next I was fine... if that makes sense? So although I was over the moon to see the heartbeat etc and pass the 12 weeks, it took me until about 14 weeks before I really started to feel better. And by that point the 20 week scan had started to play on my mind! :dohh: Now that the scan is finished and I know that everything looked healthy, I suddenly feel so much better. There's no guilt or "what if?" at the back of my mind when I'm buying things for LO, and I'm finally starting to enjoy being pregnant. :cloud9: Let's just hope it lasts and I don't find something else to worry about :haha:

Looking forward to hearing news from you WinterKage :flower:

How are you all? sorry i havnt been on in a while internet has broke at home so i can only come on when im at work :)

XX

I'm good thanks, just a bit achy from the SPD as I had a battle round Asda this morning with a rather heavy trolley!

How are things with you? :flower:

Beth Charlotte & Bump on Brain - That's great, so please god I'l be feeling the same as you guys next week. Yea it's hard to go ahead and buy anything big, I've only managed things like little bottles n bibs so far.

https://www.livestrong.com/article/200067-what-things-can-i-use-to-make-my-baby-kick/ - I was reading this article yest. has some tips on how to get the LO kicking! I reckon they will have alot of time before August to get in on the action, they will be fed up of us saying look (or feel) the kicks soon enough :winkwink:

https://www.livestrong.com/article/200067-what-things-can-i-use-to-make-my-baby-kick/ - I was reading this article yest. has some tips on how to get the LO kicking! I reckon they will have alot of time before August to get in on the action, they will be fed up of us saying look (or feel) the kicks soon enough :winkwink:

I have noticed that there seems to be a link between me drinking a cold drink and the baby kicking, looks like there could be some truth in it then! :thumbup:

XX

I'm good thanks, just a bit achy from the SPD as I had a battle round Asda this morning with a rather heavy trolley!

good glad you okay! awww i hope you dont feel achy for too long!!

im not bad thankyou- just found out that i am movng into my new place a week on friday! first time moving out, going to be a shock!! but excited to have my own place with out family nagging at me 24/7 :)

just need august to hurry up now :)

xxx

XX

im not bad thankyou- just found out that i am movng into my new place a week on friday! first time moving out, going to be a shock!! but excited to have my own place with out family nagging at me 24/7 :)

xxx

Wow, that's fab - not long to wait now then! And it will be so lovely to be set everything up as you want it when the baby arrives, I think it will make it seem even more real for you :thumbup:

I remember when me and my DH moved out of my Mum's... because we reckoned we didn't have that much stuff as we were getting our own sofa, dining table etc and getting it delivered to the new house, and because we were only moving a couple of streets away, we decided we didn't need to hire a van and would be able to just use our car. Let's just say after attempting to get a double bed into a Corsa we truly learnt our lesson... :dohh: Hopefully you will have a less eventful moving day!! :flower:

XX

xxx

Wow, that's fab - not long to wait now then! And it will be so lovely to be set everything up as you want it when the baby arrives, I think it will make it seem even more real for you :thumbup:

I remember when me and my DH moved out of my Mum's... because we reckoned we didn't have that much stuff as we were getting our own sofa, dining table etc and getting it delivered to the new house, and because we were only moving a couple of streets away, we decided we didn't need to hire a van and would be able to just use our car. Let's just say after attempting to get a double bed into a Corsa we truly learnt our lesson... :dohh: Hopefully you will have a less eventful moving day!! :flower:

i have got to say, that did make me smile :). its something i would try and do fit my double mattress in my corsa!! haha. im only moving few streets away but will be good to get things ready! and to have my own space with out being spik and span!! ( me and oh currently live with my grandparents and brother as they have brought me and my older brother up, and she is one of those grandmothers that loves everything to be spotless every minute of the day)

OH has already told me that i will be sat with feet up telling people where to put things!! haha, ohh the joys of being pregnant :) no lifting for me just ordering the lads about where to put my things :) xxxx

Hi Ladies,

Scan went well, everything seems fine baby was really active and I'm having a little girl :) x x

:) no lifting for me just ordering the lads about where to put my things :) xxxx

Sounds like the perfect kind of moving to me! :thumbup:

When we moved, I ended up dragging cupboards up stairs, building beds and everything... I was officially exhausted and covered in bruises by the end of it. Didn't help that we then only had camp chairs to relax on in the evening! For once I was glad of DH's obsession with the TV as he had the Sky fitted on the day we moved in :dohh:... even if we were watching the world's smallest TV balanced on a cardboard box. :haha: I'm definitely not in any hurry to do it again, but it's totally worth it :flower:

Good luck today with your scan this morning Princess J, look forward to you updating :flower: x x

Hi Ladies,

Scan went well, everything seems fine baby was really active and I'm having a little girl :) x x

Congrats Winterkage, Brill news, now you'll have a set :oneofeach:

Good luck today Princess J, think I must be last on the list am I, never wanted the weekend to be over before in my life till now :dohh:

Hi Ladies

Had my scan this morning, the longest 25 minutes of my life while sonographer was silent clicking on her machine! Everything is great and baby looks perfect. Despite me being convinced I was having a girl...baby is a BOY!!!! Can't believe it!!!!

I am so happy everything is ok, I feel like I can relax now..

PrincessJ

Oh and she confirmed I have an anterior placenta so that's why I haven't felt definite kicking yet! Relief!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->