Due on or around March 24th?

My cystic fibrosis test came back positive so now I'm in freak out limbo for another 1.5 weeks til DHs test comes back and we know if we have to do CVS/Amnio on the baby :cry: kind of racing against the clock for CVS cause I turn 13w tomorrow. Neither of us has anyone in our family so it's a total shock. At this rate I'm going to be like 20 weeks before I feel like I can relax, get excited and I don't know... TELL PEOPLE (I've still only told like 3 people other than my parents)

boxxey~ I hope it goes ok.

Mummy~ How amazing it is to hear the heartbeat for the first time. Puts you on :cloud9:

lindz~ At least something is tasting good. Food just tastes horrible to me lately.

cucake~ Welcome! :hi:

fisher~ I'm so sorry you have this to deal with. I hope that everything will be ok and your dh's test comes back clear. I'll be thinking of you and hoping for the best.

Fisher the worry sucks but if your dh's comes back negative then the only thing that could happen is your child may or may not be a carrier, you need both parents with the gene to have a child with CF and even then it has to be the mutated gene that develops from both parents to have it, the odds are still in your favour! Try to have some hope and enjoy your beautiful baby in your belly. I'll keep praying that your husband is gene marker free so that all you need to have done is see whether or not your child is a carrier. Do you know when the results come in?

ps, I'm sure you know all about how the carriers/markers work so sorry if that was a repeat, just trying to instil some hope!

hello ladies been awhile since i've posted here.
how is everyone.
everyone looking forward to finding out what your having if you havan't already?

Well, some stressing news from me. My NT scan came out great but when put together with the double marker, my chances of having a Down's baby is 1:130 which is high risk. We are going in for a detailed scan and then amniocentesis. DH and I have been in a daze since the last 2 days when we got the news...just thawing to possibilities now and its not easy.
Fisher, I know exactly what you must be feeling waiting for the test results to come back. I don't know how we are going to wait a month till the scan and amnio now.
Ladies, pls pray for my baby. Love to you all.

We hopefully find out what the twins are in 18 days!

Sunflower~ So sorry to hear that you are at high risk. :hugs: That must be hard and nothing I say will make it better. I do know that there are so many things that give false "positives" so try and wait for the next testing. When did you have yours done? I had mine done on the 14th and won't know anything for over a month I think because there is a second part of the test with blood work. There is someone who is doing something with there amnio to get it back within 2 days rather than 2 weeks. Maybe ask your dr if there is anything they can do to get the results sooner. Hopefully you are just getting a false positive. I'll keep you in my thoughts.

Mrs C,
Thanks for your wishes. Actually, I am waiting for the detailed scan and then the amnio to be done only on the 22nd of Oct...one whole month of this torture...if you know what I mean. My high risk score came as an integrated score from my NT scan and biochemical blood work (double marker).
The wait is for amnio to be done...the result they say will be back in a week after that. Trying hard to relax and not get worked up because its a whole month to go.
Hope its really all false negative...

Well, some stressing news from me. My NT scan came out great but when put together with the double marker, my chances of having a Down's baby is 1:130 which is high risk. We are going in for a detailed scan and then amniocentesis. DH and I have been in a daze since the last 2 days when we got the news...just thawing to possibilities now and its not easy.
Fisher, I know exactly what you must be feeling waiting for the test results to come back. I don't know how we are going to wait a month till the scan and amnio now.
Ladies, pls pray for my baby. Love to you all.

The waiting is tooooorture. It's only been a full week for me and I've had at least three meltdowns. Unless DH is negative then I'll be in the same boat as you. I think the cut off for CVS Is 14 weeks which is Saturday for me. :-/ so if they don't get the results back soon I'll have to wait another month-ish for the Amnio. It's hard to be happy/excited about this while there's a black cloud of uncertainty hanging over our heads.

As a side note... Hows everyones sickness? Mine is no better. In fact I think it's worse now than it was?! Im getting a little tired of the constant nausea and food aversions and now puking all the time.

As a side note... Hows everyones sickness? Mine is no better. In fact I think it's worse now than it was?! Im getting a little tired of the constant nausea and food aversions and now puking all the time.

Wife is the same, still feels awful! Sick twice this morning before work and constant nauseau and food aversion! She is sill 7/10lbs lighter than just before she fell pregnant!

Mrs C,
Thanks for your wishes. Actually, I am waiting for the detailed scan and then the amnio to be done only on the 22nd of Oct...one whole month of this torture...if you know what I mean. My high risk score came as an integrated score from my NT scan and biochemical blood work (double marker).
The wait is for amnio to be done...the result they say will be back in a week after that. Trying hard to relax and not get worked up because its a whole month to go.
Hope its really all false negative...

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that everything goes well and it comes back negative.

Doing great! I would think with two in there the ms would be twice as bad but mine went away about a week or two ago and I never once threw up. Sorry to hear that you are sicker than before. I'm sure that isn't fun at all.

Wife is the same, still feels awful! Sick twice this morning before work and constant nauseau and food aversion! She is sill 7/10lbs lighter than just before she fell pregnant!

So sorry to hear your wife is still really sick. I hope the ms passes soon for you ladies.

I still have ms to, it comes and goes sometimes a few times a day sometimes it's there all day or sometimes I get a day or two off but it's always there. Waiting eagerly for it to go away, I think it will be soon.

I hope you two ladies get some reassuring news and very soon :hugs:

6 teeth pulled, omg no drugs sucks, well the worst part of it all is right now, my mouth is so frozze its making me gagg :-( hopefully it heals fast

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->