Due today. Help!

erher

Reaction score
I'm due today. I have absolutely no signs of impeding labor. I mean nothing! I'm very overwhelmed. I want this baby out asap. My mw will not intervene until 42+ weeks. No sweeps or anything of sorts. Any advice on what to do? I am incredibly tired of hearing, " You won't be pregnant forever. Baby will come when he's ready. Etc." I can't imagine being pregnant for 2 more weeks. "Selfish," i know. Many moms will say they would never think to force baby out. How horrible i must be to think of doing so. I couldn't care less about the criticism anymore. I'm not you, you're not me. Expecting the same feelings and responses is ridiculous. I've tried everything to kick start labor, except castor oil. I've heard both positive and negative feedback. I need guidance lol. What has work for you? What got things rolling? Thank you for reading!

@erher I tried castor oil with my first and she still came 4 days overdue. Castor oil didn't even make me go #2 lol and it is NASTY stuff. Unfortunately there isn't much you can do until your body is ready. Go for walks, eat spicy stuff, have sex if you can, nipple stimulation, get a pedicure, I know you can go get a prenatal massage that is supposed to help induce labor but I believe you have to get a written letter from the doctor saying it is okay to do so.... That is all things that are "supposed" to help. My daughter didn't come out til 4 days late. Hope your baby shows soon. I know how uncomfy it can get!

I read about "Labor Day Tea" and I will probably try it when the time comes. I tried nearly everything else in previous pregnancies and none of it worked so here's to hoping.

I hope your little one shows up soon!

I tried everything with my first -- spicy foods, eggplant, pineapple, jumping jacks, sex, evening primrose oil, black and blue cohosh tinctures, nipple stimulation, I mean everything. Unfortunately, I ended up with a pitocin induced labor at 42 weeks. You can do a lot of things to try and hasten labor, but none of it will really work unless baby and your body are ready. I know it's not what you want to hear when you are just so over being pregnant that you're willing to try almost anything! But you can go ahead and try the home remedies -- I'd just recommend avoiding the castor oil, since it will give you diarrhea and evidence suggests that it can also lead to meconium issues in the baby (more likely to poop in utero and aspirate it during labor). It definitely doesn't hurt to try the other things. You may be closer than you realize and just need that little extra push! :)

I tried everything with my first -- spicy foods, eggplant, pineapple, jumping jacks, sex, evening primrose oil, black and blue cohosh tinctures, nipple stimulation, I mean everything. Unfortunately, I ended up with a pitocin induced labor at 42 weeks. You can do a lot of things to try and hasten labor, but none of it will really work unless baby and your body are ready. I know it's not what you want to hear when you are just so over being pregnant that you're willing to try almost anything! But you can go ahead and try the home remedies -- I'd just recommend avoiding the castor oil, since it will give you diarrhea and evidence suggests that it can also lead to meconium issues in the baby (more likely to poop in utero and aspirate it during labor). It definitely doesn't hurt to try the other things. You may be closer than you realize and just need that little extra push! :)
I've definitely figured that out lol! He's not ready, mentally I am but clearly not physically. Nothing will work unless it's time. They don't necessarily induce, they just aid in progression. I unfortunately caved and tried the castor oil, it didn't do anything. I told myself that if that didn't do the trick, I'd stop trying to push labor and let things run their course. I honestly felt pretty guilty after taking it. Just imagining my boy all comfy and calm inside and me trying to "force" him out. It's a waiting game now. Hopefully not much longer.

@erher I tried castor oil with my first and she still came 4 days overdue. Castor oil didn't even make me go #2 lol and it is NASTY stuff. Unfortunately there isn't much you can do until your body is ready. Go for walks, eat spicy stuff, have sex if you can, nipple stimulation, get a pedicure, I know you can go get a prenatal massage that is supposed to help induce labor but I believe you have to get a written letter from the doctor saying it is okay to do so.... That is all things that are "supposed" to help. My daughter didn't come out til 4 days late. Hope your baby shows soon. I know how uncomfy it can get!
How much oil did you take? If you don't mind me asking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->