Duggars pregnant with their 20th!

alison29

Reaction score
Someone posted this on TTC board and it inspired some great discussion. So what do you think? I am jealous and I think she is lucky but at the same time I know I could never take on the challenge of pleasing so many children. Sometimes I feel like i am being torn apart as it is with one husband and two children. They all want and need and it all comes from ME. At least a baby can't talk or give me attitude!

I couldn't believe it when I heard this morning they were expecting another child but it gives me hope as I think she is 43 and I think they conceived naturally. Some say she is being selfish because her last one (Josie I think) was premature and that Michelle is temping fate by having another. I say go for it Michelle--if the body is willing then it was meant to be---and lets face it she has tons of help from the children. :)

Since I strongly believe that a woman has the right to control her reproductive decisions, whatever I may personally think about it is irrelevant.:flower:

She is 45... She had Josie at 43...

I wish i could control what happens to me reproductively : )
I know what you are saying though it really isn' t for us to decide it just kind of fun to discuss. I love watching all the reality shows showcasing families that are huge. As far as tempting fate I think she has gall bladder issues that were also involved with the early labor (not sure though). I think that it is unbelievable that a baby born at 25 weeks is viable wow! I am sure she will have a healthy pregnancy this time around. She looks so healthy and that is without makeup.

One concern I would have, would be the amount of responsibility that gets put on the other children...as far as taking care of their siblings.

In some ways, the older kids spend their lives taking care of children...if that makes any sense.:wacko::haha::hugs:

I was going to type that same thing Dmom :) her older girls seem to take on most of the responsibility for the the other children, which doesn't really seem fair. It is her choice though:thumbup:

I love the Duggars! I'm happy for them. If you watch the show, you'll see that the kids don't mind helping with their siblings at all. A lot of kids nowadays get bent out of shape when their parents ask them to do a simple task. This isn't so in this family, as they all work together to make things function smoothly. I couldn't think of a better family to emulate. Not saying you have to have 20 kids, just saying that they have wonderful parenting skills and it shows with how willing the kids are to pitch in and do what needs to be done. :flower:

I have watched the show a few times and they seem like a really nice family. I come from a family of eight kids and in my family it was similar. But more than helping out with the other kids the girls did all of the housework. Why can't fertility be hereditary?

I used to watch the duggars programme and admire them hugely.
As previous posts have said, their parenting skills are amazing. Their children are all well mannered, bright, articulate and immaculately turned out all the time.
The husband works to support his entire family and they built there own house!!!

To me they are the perfect role model just with a few more kids than most of us could ever imagine!!

I absolutely love the Duggars.

Anyone that can take 15 small children to the grocery store is my hero.

They really do inspire me to be a better parent. I know that sounds corny, but it's the truth. If you ever watch how patient and effective she is with her children, it's amazing. Honestly, I have tried more than a few of her techniques.

Even before the show started, they didn't have any debt. They were able to support themselves and all of their children. Their children appear to be productive members of society.

They seem like good people. Good for them. :thumbup:

I had to google the Duggars as I had no idea who they are but 20 Children, phew!!!!!!

There is a lady down the road from me (my age...37) who is currently pregnant with her 12th baby. Her twins were one a couple of days ago.

Cripes :dohh:

Your body has barely gone back to normal after a year .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->