duh stoopid mistake

Wriggley

Reaction score
:/

got a parking fine through the post today :dohh: que in the post office was long so i risked it thinking it was a parking attendant - turned out it was a camera that clocks you when you go in and out :/

i could possibly get another through in a few days and 4 days later i did the exact same thing duh that will teach me for being risky :/

I hate them :growlmad: they got us for £70 a year back as we was so used to it being pay and display and the machines were always out of order and covered up! We are super careful now! Seems so many places use the camera thing now to catch people! x

Awwwh <3. Sorry for that. I've only ever got one.. I was parked in a 'residents only' spot in town, when I took my OH to his first solicitors meeting. Well, they only called and asked to speak to me didn't they... -.- I literally went in as fast as I could.. and came out.. TICKET! x

If a private company has issued the fine don't pay it. It's basically a scam and you're not legally obliged to pay unless the ticket is from a local council or police. They may threaten court but chances are they won't follow through as they won't win, they just want to scare you.

This may help if it is a private company:
https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/private-parking-tickets

oh yikes! Ive been driving 2 years but haven't got one yet but Im sure it won't be long!!

If a private company has issued the fine don't pay it. It's basically a scam and you're not legally obliged to pay unless the ticket is from a local council or police. They may threaten court but chances are they won't follow through as they won't win, they just want to scare you.

This is correct. My OH got one of these when driving his aunts car. They sent his aunt loads of fake solicitor and debt collection letters which she and we ignored. After a while they stopped bothering. The only private parking tickets that are legally binding are at rail stations as a different law covers these. Anywhere else, they are not xx

I've been driving for two years too and I've only ever had one, which I got for parking on double yellows outside the childrens hospital (with my daughters blue badges on display might I add). I got it over a year ago and I've not paid it :lol:

Google 'parking eye money saving expert' you will find tonnes of threads about them. The best thing to do imo is to just ignore it, don't pay it then appeal it as its a lot more difficult to get your money back, don't communicate with them at all. They will give up eventually.

It angers me that private parking companies are allowed to operate in the first place and that so many people just hand over their money to them because they don't know any better. The only reason I know about this is because I got so called 'fines' for parking in the car park at work and after posting on here and doing some googling pretty much everyone and everything I'd read told me to not pay (not that I would anyway because it was my place of work) and to ignore ignore ignore. Not everyone researches this kind of thing though unfortunately, these are the people companies like this take advantage of.

I got a parking ticket in waitrose (had to nip to the office & that was the only parking place) and I didn't pay it..the parking guy even wrote my registration number down wrong :dohh: i never paid it and never heard from them lol

Got one from the council because my OH parked outside a school. He told me the parking warden never actually put the ticket on my car so I disputed it. Got a letter back saying he threw the ticket on the floor :growlmad: and there was even a picture of him getting into the car!! I felt like such an idiot. I had to pay £70 instead of £45 (he paid me it back) because it had gone on for more than 2 weeks!!

Cx

thanks ladies i going to look into it a bit more as i know il get nervous if we start getting threatening letters. i got all anxious when we got a bailiff letter for the pervious tenants lol i rang my landlord up in a panic got him to sort it as i was scared lol i such a wimp with it comes to this sort of thing il prob end up paying it :/ :(

Don't pay it, that company was on watchdog a couple of months back. Ill see if i can find the article for it

I used to work for a parking company and hubby still does, in 99% of cases it is legal and they can and will go as far as court.
Councils and private land such as shops, carparks, hospitals bid their contracts out to private companies, even most councils dont deal with their own parking contracts any more.
There are a few cases where it isnt a legitimat ticket but that will normaly be because of a admin error but most tickets can be inforced, I issued enough balif orders and court actions to know this

Yeah you dont need to pay it hun only council ones you must pay!
I got one 2 weeka ago for parking in a loading bay i havnt.paid it i got my dad to write out a delivery note for me to make out i was.making a delivery ha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->