dummies

Nemo and bump

mummy of 1 daughter
Reaction score
hi all,
i'll post this here but let me know if it should be somewhere else.
me and oh are sitting going through list of things still to get and we were wondering what to do about dummies. we defo want to use thm...reduces cot death etc but which ones to get? which ones worked best for you? i plan on breast feeding,does this make a difference?
any help would be much appriciated.
thanks xoxo

jessica hates the mam ones, they fall out her mouth lol
cos they are kinda flat

she is ok with anyother ones tho, we dont go for a particular make really.
sorry couldnt be more helpful lol :hugs:

maddi is quite easy and takes any dummy - mam's, tommy tippee, avent, but her very very favourite are the mothercare classic winnie the poohs! we induced a dummy when we got home from hospital and i no they say with bf you shouldn't induce them for a month because of nipple confusion but i think it depends on the individual baby. maddi was fine, but saying that i had to go to bottle on the 4 day as i had no milk and maddi was a bit poorly. we choose dummys for the same cot death reason as you. im sure others will give u much better advice than me :hugs:

As Princessbump said - they say you should leave it a month until BF is well established. I plan to do it as soon as baby seems happy enough to cope iwht one though. I intend to do everything when the baby seems ready - not when the books say!!
Good luck hun x

As Princessbump said - they say you should leave it a month until BF is well established. I plan to do it as soon as baby seems happy enough to cope iwht one though. I intend to do everything when the baby seems ready - not when the books say!!
Good luck hun x

thats what i was going to say let baby tell you. if they don't like them they won't take to it. if it helps relax them then go for it. keep one sterilised just in case.
rosie was a really sucky baby and had one for 18 mths then nightime. i was really lucky she was a really happt content baby.
doubt i'll be blessed twice this time
go with your instincts
xx

ive just bought a pack of two from wilkos, just the little newborn pink and i think yellow set, i didnt wanna buy loads in case she didnt like em, so i will see if she likes them and if she does buy more and if she doesnt buy another one, u dont wanna end up with 50 dummies u wont use lol

as the others have said, ive been told aswell that ur not meant to give them dummies for the first month but tbh, if my baby is screaming in the middle of the night for no reason and the only thing that will calm her down is a dummy then shes gettin one lol

xxx

Im gonna buy a some different brand ones and see what works.
Mam ones, you can get a free one from their site (i have two i think lol) so thats one less brand to buy and try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->