Dutch Courage?

C

Ceejay123

I know this term usually refers to having a drink to calm your nerves, but...!

I've got a couple of things to do that I'm reaaalllyy nervous about. I want to approach a couple of people to send some letters that I'm terrified of sending, and I've also got to make a very important phone call that is terrifying.. haha.

So, besides having a drink, how do you guys psych yourself up ready to do things you're very nervous about? I'm somebody that tries to run away from confrontation, I need more confidence!

Ideas? :D x

I hate confrontation too! I just have to get on and do things i dont want to though. I just make sure im prepared and get it done.

I really struggle with my nerves and have to avoid all situations that will make me nervous as best I can! I know in life there is always going to be times that we don't want to do things so I just tell myself do it and get it over with!! A bottle of wine usually does the trick too :haha:
Good luck :thumbup:

x

Thanks, I ran away from a few situations, one a couple of months ago, one two weeks ago because I got upset and scared. Now I'm realising it's made things much worse! :/

Usually I turn to a JD and coke... Haha. But it doesn't seem the healthiest option. I think I need to throw caution to the wind... And just think, hey.. At least I put myself out there. If i get shot down I can just ignore these people for the rest of my life! :happydance: Kidding.. Not the most mature way lmao. :nope:

Thanks, I ran away from a few situations, one a couple of months ago, one two weeks ago because I got upset and scared. Now I'm realising it's made things much worse! :/

Usually I turn to a JD and coke... Haha. But it doesn't seem the healthiest option. I think I need to throw caution to the wind... And just think, hey.. At least I put myself out there. If i get shot down I can just ignore these people for the rest of my life! :happydance: Kidding.. Not the most mature way lmao. :nope:

What is it you need to do? (You don't have to say!)
Best advice I can give is just get it over with haha!!!

Haha, just to approach some people. I.E. Dads family that I've not quite got on with in a while, yet now need to speak to. I ran away from a lot in the last two months because it's been such a hard time, now my hard times over... And the running away is making an even harder time! lmao. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->