Dying hair before second trimester?

youngmamttc

My family is complete
Reaction score
Will I be okay to dye my hair with a home box dye today? I did with previous babies but this is my first since losing my daughter so I'm second guessing everything? Thank you

I've never found anything conclusive against it. Make sure you're in a well ventilated room and you should be fine. I've dyed my hair throughout as normal :flower:

I dyed my hair at home when I was preggers with my son.. He's pretty okay as far as teenagers go. Like pp said, ventilation is important and also, try to keep as much as possible off your scalp. That was the advice I remember getting from my midwife.

Oh, glad somene asked this question. My hair is looking very sorry itself, it desperately needs dying! I usually do it at home but have been in two minds about forking out for the hairdresser..!

Is it really important to keep it off the scalp? It's my roots that look dreadful, which inevitably involves the scalp :-/

Keeping it off the scalp was advice from my midwife more than 15 years ago! I've felt guilty about doing it before but never found anything saying it caused problems so I imagine she was just airing on the side of caution. And she did say "as much as possible" because there's really no way to keep it completely off.

I never bothered trying to keep it off my scalp myself, if I try to be careful there I end up not covering my roots at all! But I never asked a midwife, just tried looking it up myself

If you can get ammonia free hair color, get that. I went to cosmetology school and professional hair color, even with amonnia, typically is ok. As long as the room is well ventilated.

Off scalp is also better if you're being extra careful. Nowadays, hair color is t loaded with a lot of chemicals like it used to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->